Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stepping the iris down will expose the picture better, but it won’t enhance the contrast. The better the contrast, the better the FSD will be able to see. A sun shade would make a big difference, especially in the winter season in the northern part of the globe where we have A LOT of very low incoming sunshine.
I wonder if the cameras incorporate polarizing filters to attenuate glare?

Reactions: UncaNed
I like your posts but I think you are off here. We've seen plenty of other examples of companies fumbling inventory and it seems that is the case. Something has to give at Tesla, profits, etc.

Now EMs frantic efforts to goose FSD software sales makes sense.
Sure, and that's why I put a (theoretically) at the end. Increased shipping times from Shanghai to Europe could increase inventory. Shifting production later into the quarter could increase inventory. This much though? Perhaps not, and Tesla themselves indicated as such.

Tesla's report said "partially", not largely, solely, mainly, primarily, nor mostly. Which, coming from one known to be pedantic on what words mean, seems particularly egregious.

I'm not a fan of his work (and also recently discovered he blocked me on X), but I believe his 409k - even if off by more than 5% - was closest to the real number.
Reminds me of Q1 2019 all over again. Troy was off but the closest to the terrible report no one believed.

I do remember loading up the truck after Q1 earnings in Q2 but you know, we also had Elon crying about bankruptcy by Oct on TV and Tesla had 2B of cash left on hand after losing 1.6B from the awful Q1. The entire world thought Tesla was done for and demand falling to zero as federal incentive ends by year end.

Who would of thought Tesla's demand fell from 63k delivers Q1 2019 to 386k delivers in Q1 of 2024.

I am hoping we get another dramatic fall in demand like what happened after Q1 2019.

It may not be for you, or me for that matter, I like to drive.

Though, for most, the basic economic equation will likely lean toward people preferring a private chauffeur-service over ownership. Particularly when the Robotaxi could save the user money, when all ownership costs (parking, time, hassle) are weighed.

Pretty much all persons living in an apartment or dense urban environment with challenging or costly parking hassles will jump at the chance to rid themselves of the headaches that come with car ownership.

Folks in the suburbs and rural areas are more likely to prefer ownership. Though anyone wanting to use their garage and driveway space for something other than parking their car while not in use (a significant portion of the time) might see some advantages to Robotaxi only, or, reducing their household from a two or more car family, to a single car + Robotaxi scenario.
You are making a gross mistake here. Most people in NYC own cars. They don't drive them that much but they own them. They still use taxis and public transport but they own cars. They do this because the hassle of getting the car in and out of parking is huge. So, it is much faster and cheaper to just get the taxi or take a subway. It's pretty rational. Where's the profit though? Spread all through the system.

Funny thing is, the real reason we did not get truly updated Model 3 with Giga castings, was the downtime in Model 3 production would be too long...........................................................................................................................ok.

And what is up with Fremont? I am sure the production guru from Shanghai is there overseeing the update process. Maybe after the Gen 3 production method gets up and running, Tesla will take a hard long look at Fremont.

• Disagree
Reactions: Krugerrand
Funny thing is, the real reason we did not get truly updated Model 3 with Giga castings, was the downtime in Model 3 production would be too long...........................................................................................................................ok.

And what is up with Fremont? I am sure the production guru from Shanghai is there overseeing the update process. Maybe after the Gen 3 production method gets up and running, Tesla will take a hard long look at Fremont.
Most likely a local supplier not showing up for the game while the local suppliers in China are rock solid.

Reactions: jerry33
Sure, and that's why I put a (theoretically) at the end. Increased shipping times from Shanghai to Europe could increase inventory. Shifting production later into the quarter could increase inventory. This much though? Perhaps not, and Tesla themselves indicated as such.

Tesla's report said "partially", not largely, solely, mainly, primarily, nor mostly. Which, coming from one known to be pedantic on what words mean, seems particularly egregious.
Knightshade pedantic? Well you better define pedantic..carefully

I like YouGov as a source of regularly collected data on approval ratings. They're nationally representative, and updated weekly.

The fact of the matter is that all business people are somewhat unpopular in the current political environment. But among famous business people, Elon is the second most popular; second only to Bill Gates. He ranks above Buffet, Mark Cuban, Richard Branson. And despite their low approval ratings, you don't see it affecting the general public's purchasing or investing behavior for the other famous business people:

Sorry, but look at the title of the survey you cite: "The Most Famous Business Figures (Q4 2023)". These are not approval ratings. Yes Elon is very famous. But, increasingly, for what?

My unscientific view, based on my own experience is that people in my acquaintance are polarized against Elon, unlikely to buy a Tesla, or even own the stock. This is notwithstanding my evangelism and experience with our car. I also think some of the recent downward stock price and sales trends in the US are related to his polarizing conduct, and do not expect US sales to improve compared to ROW for this reason. Very unhappy about it, but my head is not in the sand. Long-term investor, MY owner.

Re robotaxis. 12.3.3 is great but this time of the year with road work etc we have been in a number of situations that involved flag people. Lots of hand signals, directing etc. I just disable FSD bad all is well. But I’m curious how much of a challenge this will be for FSD and the robotaxi dream. Thoughts?

Reactions: cusetownusa
I set this 163 price before bed last night, seems I got lucky... twice.

1712065368536.png

Disclaimer: Trading TSLA is not for the weak stomach. You do you, I'll do me.
Cheers!

Knightshade pedantic? Well you better define pedantic..carefully
At least I spelled it right this time 😅
FWIW, I'm more critical of those whose posts are more highly regarded. If someone didn't read the P&D report themselves, they might think that Tesla really did use largely, or words to that effect. I do appreciate @Knightshade's attention to detail.