Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

There are two bits of news that Sawyer is declining to share.

1) Pepsi said their current fleet is 21. What happened to the other 15 from their original 36?

2) Deliveries to other non-Pepsi customers is now targeted for 2026. That's further out than the "production starts 2019" claim made in 2017.
@DarkandStormy
Well, tell us, what happened to them please.
An information filled post is always appreciatetd.

Last edited:
I am confounded. I scanned all your posts and apologies if I missed one, I didn’t see a single positive one, or one that wasn’t a poke, or even a poke with some insight. I won’t ask your motivation but I will admit I’m curious. But I realized I’m not learning anything from you. I appreciate contrary or negative posts when there is a rationale and something to be learned.

My third ignore..

Ah, another post that ignores the substance and goes straight for the "why can't you post positive things??" as if there isn't enough of that in this thread.

I have posted "positive" things. Those don't seem to gain any traction, so perhaps that's why you didn't see them. Quite a catch-22... I'm getting ignored for "negative" posts and now the very people who want "positive" posts won't see them...because they've put me on ignore. Echo...echo...echo.

How would I know? Just seems odd their fleet decreased by 40% in under two years.

(battery supply constraints slowing build rate)

(Pepsi praise 21 Tesla semi's range)

took maybe 5 minutes facile, zero effort, random searching, so, that's "How you would know"

In context:

In nearly all cases autonomy and BEV do go together quite symbiotically.

There are two bits of news that Sawyer is declining to share.

1) Pepsi said their current fleet is 21. What happened to the other 15 from their original 36?

2) Deliveries to other non-Pepsi customers is now targeted for 2026. That's further out than the "production starts 2019" claim made in 2017.

I mean, are we at the point where we have to explain what the word "starts" means?

Elon said they could do convoy (autonomous) technology "now" in 2017 at the unveil, so it's a bit surprising they aren't utilizing it with their own Semis.

Mmmm...how's the coffee this morning?

It would be cool if Tesla had a way of updating their vehicles remotely and had a culture of continuously adding new functionality over time....

Oh. Wait. Nevermind....

EQC said:
Elon never said it was important to acquire Twitter no matter what the cost or price premium.

He is saying it now. He is saying that if he hadn't acquired Twitter, free speech would be going away. He is saying that he did it to save free speech. But it seems like it's more of an excuse at this point.

What?

"I acqiured twitter to ensure free speech didn't go away" doesn't mean that "I ended up paying to much to for it" isn't also true.

The number of insinuations and implications made in your posts based on illogical language constructs just adds to your reputation for being a Debbie Downer.

Last edited:
To your point, I saw over the weekend, that a key exec of OpenAI, Jan Leike resigned because of fears regarding the direction OpenAI is taking wrt “…security, monitoring, preparedness, safety, adversarial robustness, (super)alignment, confidentiality, societal impact, and related topics…”

From X -
Elon commented on the post with “!!”

Key quote in his post:

But over the past years, safety culture and processes have taken a backseat to shiny products.

ATGATT is the ONLY way to ride responsibly. All The Gear, All The Time. I designed this suit to look like the Apollo 16 Commander's EVA suit and had it custom-made. It came in handy when I was building my audience as a motovlogger on YouTube. I even met some JPL employees this way, one of whom asked to copy the suit for himself. Of course I agreed, because I copied NASA. :)

Speaking of Apollo 16 (and 15 and 17), they used an electric vehicle on the moon! This speaks to the superiority of EVs in that they don't need to 'breathe' and aren't bothered by the vacuum of space or air density as it relates to power.

FSD is going to help drivers see motorcyclists like myself better than they sometimes do along with anyone else on or near the roads—from pedestrians to their pets or a duck and her ducklings crossing the street. I no longer ride motorcycles, but EVs definitely scratch the itch for me when I feel the need for acceleration.

This is my gear (not my bike). The bike is a Honda Vultus, which reminds me a whole lot of Kaneda's bike from Akira. :)

uU3Huxg.png

And now your forum handle and profile pic falls in to place...

O'Dowd would say the same
Ah, another post that ignores the substance and goes straight for the "why can't you post positive things??" as if there isn't enough of that in this thread.

I have posted "positive" things. Those don't seem to gain any traction, so perhaps that's why you didn't see them. Quite a catch-22... I'm getting ignored for "negative" posts and now the very people who want "positive" posts won't see them...because they've put me on ignore. Echo...echo...echo.

I mean, are we at the point where we have to explain what the word "starts" means?

The current pace of "production" is basically the same as if you and a few friends cobbled them together in your garage in your free time.

(battery supply constraints slowing build rate)

(Pepsi praise 21 Tesla semi's range)

took maybe 5 minutes facile, zero effort, random searching, so, that's "How you would know"

Here it says PepsiCo took delivery of 36.

The issue, as another poster pointed out, is that Pepsi appears to have 21 at one location and 15 at another. So it depends on which spokesperson is speaking and perhaps they are only talking about one location when they mention 21.

Either way, very small, immaterial numbers for a product that was supposed to begin production in 2019 and deliver 50k of them in 2024.

Reactions: petit_bateau

The current pace of "production" is basically the same as if you and a few friends cobbled them together in your garage in your free time.
The truth is the Semi still hasnt launched. The event 2 Decembers ago now was just a smoke screen. Right now it is a prototype with 1 partner. This disappoints me far more than any other Tesla issue.