Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is what I would call a total PR cluster f@ck on Tesla’s part. Right now 100 percent of the media is saying they are done because there is no demand. Nobody wants them. Arguably they produce about 1000 cars a day. But from what Joe public reads none or very few are sold. No reports of sales in Europe, China, the USA, Canada. Everybody in our workplace thinks they have already folded and the Supercharger network has been shut down. How much would it hurt to say, “hey we delivered 860 cars today”. “ “Hey we delivered 740 cars today” or “hey there was a record 1040 cars today in the world. That’s 1040 less vehicles with gas tanks.”But no. Just day after day of Tesla on the edge of bankruptcy. Tesla out of cash. Nobody wants Tesla’s. Tesla’s all blow up whenever they want.

The reason I don’t invest is lack of discretionary funds. But if I did have some dough I wouldn’t invest just from the PR point of view.

Great cars, quite literally the best, but, you know, nobody wants them....or so it seems.

Just sayin.

I did my homework, I don't believe the FUD that Tesla has no demand. Unless we are coming to a scenario that the whole world will stop buying 90 million vehicles a year. Tesla vehicles are still by far the most compelling product for most buyers.

Last edited:
well there’s people over in the quarterly earnings thread saying tesla is effectively bankrupt bc of the way they do their accounting with accts payable. let’s see. you’ve been around since 2007...hmm. how many times have you heard this type of story. how many trap-door oh *sugar* runs have there been since IPO? how many head snapping rallies?

this time doesn’t seem different to me. but i’m no expert.

This stock hasn't been a smooth ride since Feb '11. I don't expect that to change.

This is what I would call a total PR cluster f@ck on Tesla’s part.

The Panasonic story was horribly mishandled... All they needed to say was... BS, they were too late and added too much confusing verbiage.

Saying there were battery constraints as an excuse for poor production and then predicting a doubling of production was stupid, obviously bs.

MotorTrend did a better job of letting us know about the Model S and X changes than Tesla.

and then there are his tweets...

"Hang in there. If you are truly long-term, it will be fine."

Next time I read something like that from him, I will be selling and shorting the stock.

There was absolutely no indication that the production and delivery numbers would tank, and the "We're gonna make a leaf blower" for me was equivalent to his shrug he gave when Rogan asked if he was sure he wanted a hit...

Long.

Frankly, this whole notion of a demand problem is BS.

Tesla unfortunately coincided their overseas sales launch during what is traditionally a slow season for automotive sales and then botched the logistics so that more cars than expected ended up in transit. Having most of your batched production slated for overseas markets probably didn’t help the perception of lack of demand in the domestic market. Then you have the downtime associated with the retooling the S/X fabrication lines, which reduces the number of available S/X you can sell and.... poof! Suddenly the FUD machine piles on and nobody wants a Tesla anymore. I call BULL!!!

LONG story short, I am riding this out. Congratulations to anyone who can buy now, but I am not sold on the imminent ‘bankwuptcy’ fable.

What rumors?
Presumably the rumors that Musk will be margin called at that level. Which, given his other assets, doesn't make a lot of sense.[*] Even more, from what I can gather the alleged margin call price for Musk tends to shift with the winds.

Today was almost certainly heavy shorting combined with weak longs and those unfortunate enough to be margin called and forced out.

Too bad I'm out of reasonably accessible funds. But it does have me wondering what I could do with leverage :eek:

[* meaning, it is unlikely a margin call would force Musk out of his Tesla shares]

Reactions: capster and neroden
The FUD is relentless today...

FTFY.

Not an advice, but the next report to the Judge in SEC v Musk is due by midnite Tuesday, April 30. Jus' sayin' Wednesday is hump day. Or could be stuck-in-the-mud day. Did I say not an advice?

Meh. Could figure it out, could extend. Today's steal of a price may be there on 4/30, may not.

I bought 14 more shares @ $232 from the spare change in my sofa. Buying more with the loose change in my cup holders and door pockets if it hits $200.

Please send me your sofa.

He was never that, at least to the more rational among us.

A-friggin'-men. Irrational optimism is no more useful than irrational bankwuptcy-shouting from the TSLAQ crowd.

Back to being 12 pages behind on this thread.

Bought another 100 shares a few hours ago at 240. Felt like a bargain at the time. Still does, but apparently there was another $9 of bargain I could have wrung out with a little more patience.

Like ARK, I won’t go above 10% on any single stock, so I can only buy another 100 shares at most. I hope it doesn’t get low enough to tempt me to throw my last shot at it. The little bounce at the end of the day was nice to see.

If Musk isn’t buying at these prices, he’s crazy.

Frankly, this whole notion of a demand problem is BS.

Tesla unfortunately coincided their overseas sales launch during what is traditionally a slow season for automotive sales and then botched the logistics so that more cars than expected ended up in transit. Having most of your batched production slated for overseas markets probably didn’t help the perception of lack of demand in the domestic market. Then you have the downtime associated with the retooling the S/X fabrication lines, which reduces the number of available S/X you can sell and.... poof! Suddenly the FUD machine piles on and nobody wants a Tesla anymore. I call BULL!!!

LONG story short, I am riding this out. Congratulations to anyone who can buy now, but I am not sold on the imminent ‘bankwuptcy’ fable.

looking back, In a way trying to get Fed tax credits to max US buyers helped the buyers, but hurt the company big time. ...
If 10K were on ships to EU at end of 4Q, things might have been smoother for Q1 ..