Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OHHHH, now we see! "nuclear officials in govt" huh? Perhaps I was wrong maybe??

"funding some from nuclear officials in govt"

-Link please??

Signed- A. Sloth
it uses
"..“Dillon-Wagoner gravitron polarity generator” (colloquially known as a “spindizzy”) does something to electron spin..."
ref:
James Blish: Cities In Flight

I am in a very similar situation, but console myself that my average share price dropped quite a bit just on the buying I was able to do.

When it's at $1000, it won't matter as much! ;) (Definitely not advice, just optimism.)

I bought mostly on the way down too. I'm only starting to see some of them turn black because I missed the bottom too, though not for lack of trying. TIL convertibles are hard to buy when the stock is rising quickly.

Tesla has a great shot at continuing to be disruptive, and if they maintain their lead, the pro-environment and pro-EV policies in China, Europe and other countries will make Tesla at $200 vs $300 feel the same as buying AMZN at $200 vs $300. Everyone who bought at any price will feel great about getting into it, and helping make the world a better place while they're at it.

Wondering what is @tivoboy 's prediction regarding this sudden rise? A temporary bounce or starting of the reversal?

Technicals get shredded when fundamentals appear. If Tesla breaks delivery records we will have to wait for new equilibrium before we can start talking technicals again.

@tivoboy said (in about as many words) down first then up much more
..right before we had the day to 177 and the subsequent bounce the next day.

soooo... not a bad call so far

How is this FUD? He’s a bull. And he’s right. ASP of S/X is lower than last year and so are deliveries. Model 3 is just too good
That is a poor article because it completely ignores Raven.

Yes, S & X pre-raven sales are lower. Esp S (he actually thinks the otherway round because he thinks S interior refresh will happen). And he completely ignored the drivetrain refresh people actually care about. I'm not even sure the people actually want S interior refreshed to look like 3.

Long term I expect S+X sales to be about 15k to 20k per quarter instead of 25k from earlier years.

Lookup Polywell fusion. Direct conversion to electricity if fueled with proton-boron. If it works, no reason to burn hydrocarbons. No news for a year or two, development under wraps probably.

Both innovative fission reactor designs and giant scale fusion approaches have been made economically infeasible by the steady downward Kwh costs of solar PV panels, wind turbines and energy storage. New PV farms in areas with plenty of sun are being build for cost so low as to produce power in the 1 - 1.5 cent per KWh range. Especially for PV there is no end in site yet for how much less expensive PV power will be in the future as cell conversion % keep going up. No existing or yet to be proven fission approaches will ever produce commercial plants able to compete with renewables going forward.

You might be surprised to know that the median income of Ferrari buyers and Tesla Model S and X buyers is quite similar.

The median income of Ferrari and Tesla buyers is no longer similar. Not since the Model 3 started selling in large numbers.

I have a friend who is older than I. He liked fast cars, motorcycles, boats and white-water kayaking. Around 1980, after some successful commercial real-estate deals, he bought a new Ferrari and immediately put a kayak rack on the roof and used it as his daily driver. The other white-water kayakers thought he was crazy. The dealership service visits were insanely expensive and it needed a lot of them. After 10 years or so he sold it for so much more than the new price, the profit covered all 10 years of his service visits and then some.

This is all way over my head, but some years ago, my brother - who is the Safety Officer at a nuclear power-station in Scotland - told me that there was a new breed of thorium reactors (I think it was), which re basically totally sealed and produce zero waste.

As I said, I don't follow this stuff and I didn't research my comment, just going by memory.

The last time I read up on the Thorium and Boron fusion reactors they showed some promise (now 5 years out every 5 years as opposed to 20 years out every 20 years). I couldn't find the original article on the Boron proton reactor but here is the URL for another article.

Record proton-boron fusion rate achieved | FuseNet

I don't believe either reactor releases neutrons, so are safer that way than large fusion reactors. At least in the case of the Boron reactor (IIRC) the hangup is getting the electronics sufficiently fast to keep the magnetic containment field stable enough to maintain the reaction for extended periods. A further safety is if the containment fields fail the reactants will not be held close enough to continue to react, preventing a runaway.
I doubt either reactor will fit in any vehicle smaller than a ship, train or large semi. No
Mr. Fusion. However every small town could have its own power source.

Ferrari isn't going anywhere. Many known car brands will go belly up before Ferrari does. Tesla can potentially kill off BMWs and Audis but Ferrari will have a niche following even if cars run on dead dinosaurs decades from now. We have a current V12 Ferrari and it's an incredible machine inside out.

Yeah you don't mess around with collectors item that shows appreciation year over year. People feel that a Ferrari is an asset than a liability and one of the only few items that come with a motor and appreciates in value.

That is a poor article because it completely ignores Raven.

Yes, S & X pre-raven sales are lower. Esp S (he actually thinks the otherway round because he thinks S interior refresh will happen). And he completely ignored the drivetrain refresh people actually care about. I'm not even sure the people actually want S interior refreshed to look like 3.

Long term I expect S+X sales to be about 15k to 20k per quarter instead of 25k from earlier years.

I'm afraid all these major refresh rumors are going to kill Raven sales. Not a huge fan of this at all.

I'm afraid all these major refresh rumors are going to kill Raven sales. Not a huge fan of this at all.

Not at all. They will sell lots of refreshed models to people who like the interior but wanted newer tech, more range/efficiency/faster charging/better suspension. When they upgrade the interior, they will get everyone else (and some of the recent upgraders). These are the kind of changes Tesla uses to drive the upgrade cycle and it also helps put more affordable used cars out on the streets for those who can't/don't want to buy new.