Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
fwiw,

Toyota

To respond with a sense of speed to the diversifying needs of these markets and to multiple challenges, both Subaru and Toyota believe that it is necessary to pursue a business model that goes beyond convention, crossing over industrial boundaries together with various types of other entities that share their aspirations. As a first step in this direction, while accelerating productization by bringing together technologies that represent each company’s strengths and cooperating where possible, the two companies will jointly develop a BEV-dedicated platform. The platform will be developed in a way that will make it broadly applicable to multiple vehicle types, including C-segment-class and D-segment-class sedans and SUVs, as well as to efficient development of derivative vehicle models.”

Tesla

“Tesla’s mission is to accelerate the world’s transition to sustainable energy.”
That is an awfully long mission statement.

If the hottest, sexiest girl in your school is rumored to have crabs, you still want to have sex with her just to see if it's true or not.;)

Actually, I think desperate shorts took the Tesla FUD so far into the weeds, even people with only half a brain could see what was going on. And the FUDster's were so deep in their own *sugar* they couldn't see out of it.

Exactly. And they're still saying "We got this."
Lol... until they don't one day.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Truth is, deliveries could be 70k this quarter, or they could be 100k. Heck, I'm sure if EM had to guess right now, even his guess would have a 10 to 15k range.
I'm sure EM has a much better idea. He has unfilled orders in front of him and he's the one to make a decision whether to fill these local orders or put cars on ships and not have them delivered in Q2.

A (painful) lesson in stock purchasing....

This is what it looks like trying to catch a falling knife:

View attachment 416226

Don't worry about all those (margins), margin was only used while funds were in transfer to the account.
Alternate analysis. You were able to dollar cost average your SP. :) (I'm in the same boat)

There seems to be a perception that no other car manufacturer in the world is actually close to producing EVs. A prudent investor would be paying attention to what's going on in the market at BMW, the VW Group (VW, Audi, Porsche) and be looking at things like this for a glimpse into the future:

There seems to be a perception that no other phone manufacturer in the world is actually close to producing smartphones. A prudent investor would be paying attention to what's going on in the market at NOKIA, Microsoft and Blackberry and be looking at things like this for a glimpse into the future:

86cbe05f7302ba60bc0149e73acabc53.jpg

I agree with you. It's all about risk assessment, which is why prudent investors pay attention to things like consistent profitability and growth, level of debt, EPS, FCF, etc. of any company that they invest in whether they are making cars or pharmaceuticals. Of course, not everyone is an investor, as some are speculators who ignore the fundamentals.

There seems to be a perception that no other car manufacturer in the world is actually close to producing EVs. A prudent investor would be paying attention to what's going on in the market at BMW, the VW Group (VW, Audi, Porsche) and be looking at things like this for a glimpse into the future:

Mercedes-Benz EQC (2019): Test drive in L.A.

So, if you are more of a speculator -- which is ok -- play the volatility, buy low, sell high, and make a bunch of money. It's all good.

As an investor, I buy more Tesla when I see:

"These Rims are specific to EQC. They have blue lines."

Screen Shot 2019-06-06 at 12.24.39 PM.png

I'm sure EM has a much better idea. He has unfilled orders in front of him and he's the one to make a decision whether to fill these local orders or put cars on ships and not have them delivered in Q2.

If he had such a good idea of what deliveries will be, he wouldn't be paying bonuses to employees for delivering cars. How well those employees do will have the greatest impact on deliveries - that's why Elon is paying the bonus. He may know exactly how many sales Tesla has and will have at any point, but just like last quarter when they hit obstacles in delivering in Europe, he can't predict what might happen to affect deliveries again (obviously sales != deliveries). He is paying the bonus to at least help control what he can - employee attitude and effort.

Ferraris are hand built collector's item for the rich. Their cars massively increase in value due to its craftsmanship and rarity. Buying a new Ferrari is also not an easy task which has requirements like one must be a past Ferrari owner and such. I wouldn't short them...
Most Ferrari owners are well aware that nearly all Ferrari models depreciate, with most models the depreciation is large. Sadly for me, I have direct experience with that multiple times, although repeating the decision is something I did not regret. Many people use them as daily drivers, especially the 'entry models'. You might be surprised to know that the median income of Ferrari buyers and Tesla Model S and X buyers is quite similar. There is also a significant mode of Tesla owners who also own one or more Ferrari and/or other 'exotic' vehicles. Check out PxxD purchasers in particular.

Ferraris are hand built collector's item for the rich. Their cars massively increase in value due to its craftsmanship and rarity. Buying a new Ferrari is also not an easy task which has requirements like one must be a past Ferrari owner and such. I wouldn't short them. Tesla cars are meant to be driven since their use to curb CO2 production and doesn't have the purpose of being a collector item. Roadster 2.0 will smack a top of the line Ferrari in speed but the buyers doesn't care.
I will bet good money that the Roadster 2.0 will greatly appreciate and will be flipped for high profits once they start getting delivered. If I hadn't gotten divorced last year I'd totally have thrown 50k down on a reservation.
Shorts have wives ?
Anime "body pillows"?

• Funny
Reactions: neroden and wipster
Wall Street only looks short term (monthly and quarterly).
Great companies look long term (years and decades).
Wall Street complained about the lack of profits at Amazon for years while Amazon plowed money into growth.
Tesla's growth is phenomenal. Their mission (saving the planet) is good for investors, customers and the planet.
Buy an electric car, home charger, solar panels and battery storage / backup.
Tesla is an amazing company fighting against wealthy, entrenched interests of the auto, oil and energy companies.
Tesla's success will be success for the planet.

We’re so far below any semblance of support it’s pretty scary.

I’m lowering any new entry point to nearly 20% below these levels. Unless we somehow get confidently over 225$ with volume. Which frankly I do not see happening anytime soon
Up $30 after this post.

As someone said, future is very difficult to predict.

There seems to be a perception that no other phone manufacturer in the world is actually close to producing smartphones. A prudent investor would be paying attention to what's going on in the market at NOKIA, Microsoft and Blackberry and be looking at things like this for a glimpse into the future:

View attachment 416242
hey I had one of those!