Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
OT: SpaceX launch

Only oxidizer is subcooled ;)

They are bringing the RP-1 to pretty low temperatures too I think to increase its density: -7 °C IIRC?

Which is a dangerous game if we look at the viscosity of subcooled kerosene:

upload_2019-6-12_15-52-38.png

There's a sharp increase below 20 degrees Celsius, with kerosene turning into gel at lower temperatures before freezing at around -47 °C.

Technically 'subcooled' is any liquid that is below the boiling point, so both the fuel and the oxidizer used by SpaceX is subcooled.

• Disagree
Reactions: Mader Levap
Due to using sub-cooled fuel and oxidizer, along with the countdown process, all SpaceX launches are instantaneous since recycle time is like 90 minutes or so...

Yeah, I meant a scrub means a scrub for the day, no secondary launch attempt today, next launch window is tomorrow, ~same local time.

With broader launch windows they can re-try after ~90 minutes.

T minus 17 minutes.

Does anyone know why Democrat controlled states are now seemingly anti-EV? We're basically moving from having incentives to buy an EV, to disincentives. Recently, Illinois was looking at passing a $1000 yearly tax on EVs, but instead passed a $250 per year tax - still $100 more than the average on ICE vehicles.

Are Dems either THAT desperate for revenue or just simply getting paid off by big oil, dealerships, and legacy car manufacturers - similar to what happened in all the Republican states? I agree that EV owners should pay their fair share of road taxes, but MORE than ICE vehicles? (it's about the same in Georgia).

And I often wonder about the intelligence of these elected officials. One in Illinois was touting how much money they would take in if they raised the EV tax to $1000 yearly - NO YOU WON'T - you'll just kill the sales of EVs!! Doh!!

Dealers!

I do think Tesla advertisements would have a snowflake's chance in hell of working, in fact it's worse:
  • It's a waste of money.
  • Tesla's silence is deafening, and is a signal in itself. Millennials and Gen Z have definitely noticed this deafening silence and are reacting to it positively. 'Some' advertising would possibly destroy this.
Bravo! I think you hit the nail on the head!

Yesterday, when Musk was being pushed in the direction of advertising, I could see he had something he was trying to say but he decided against it. He really does "get it" more than his stumbling style would indicate. There is a certain value in NOT advertising that is completely lost as soon as you release your first ad. He decided to not let this secret out of the bag. That would only make it less effective and journalists would get some choice quotes out of it that would be twisted and turned and it wouldn't be a pretty look.

That said, advertising is a big money industry with huge profits. Because it pays to control peoples thoughts, desires and emotions. People get rich doing this and it's one more industry that Tesla doesn't support. It's no surprise that those in the business will insist advertising is not optional but required.

Big batteries are expensive but, as most of us know, are at the heart of superior and more desirable cars. How to make them cost competitive with cheaper fossil cars? Slash expenses! And advertising is at the heart of much of this. If your car doesn't stand out, just advertise the hell out of it - it WILL sell. But it will make the car more expensive. Tesla is trying to make the EV affordable. Tesla is the only maker of cars that don't need to advertise - and that's saying a lot!

Does anyone know why Democrat controlled states are now seemingly anti-EV? We're basically moving from having incentives to buy an EV, to disincentives. Recently, Illinois was looking at passing a $1000 yearly tax on EVs, but instead passed a $250 per year tax - still $100 more than the average on ICE vehicles.

Are Dems either THAT desperate for revenue or just simply getting paid off by big oil, dealerships, and legacy car manufacturers - similar to what happened in all the Republican states? I agree that EV owners should pay their fair share of road taxes, but MORE than ICE vehicles? (it's about the same in Georgia).

And I often wonder about the intelligence of these elected officials. One in Illinois was touting how much money they would take in if they raised the EV tax to $1000 yearly - NO YOU WON'T - you'll just kill the sales of EVs!! Doh!!
Why is this surprising at all? The New York times being the left side's go to news source continue to bash Tesla for years.