Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
... which the battery absorbs perfectly well.

People say "just mate a SuperCap in front of the battery" as if that would be an easy thing to do. Capacitors in general have very different electrical characteristics from batteries.
Agreed. My comment was regarding "long haul trucks will have little regeneration possibilities". I don't agree with that. You're spot on with capacitors.

This. When I heard Elon doesn’t believe in advertising because it’s deceptive, I inwardly cheered.
Advertising provides: No. Net. Economic. Value.
Advertising is a net-zero game: company A misleads you into thinking their products are better than company B. So A profits at B’s loss. Oh, and the misled consumer loses too. Tesla’s mission is to move the world to sustainable transportation. They are providing a better product that doesn’t destroy the planet. ICE manufacturers reap profits and the earth suffers the consequences of all that pollution. It’s the ultimate tragedy of the commons and Elon and Tesla are not stooping to that level of greed.

Guess which example Noam Chomsky gave to explain the concept of "Manufactured consent" in his documentary:

ytCropper | Noam Chomsky Requiem For The American Dream

Hmmm, that didn't go according to plan. I rolled/sold all my weeklies.

That's exactly what the shorties were hoping for with their MMD.

They are taking advantage of the poor macros

Except, macros are not poor (-0,15% for Dow and -0,52% for Nasdaq). Tesla went from +2% to -2% when macros stayed more or less flat.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Does anyone seriously think demand in China (and nearby locations) is going to be weak? Musk also referred to the substantial bureaucratic red tape in India, and that may delay things a lot.
The only way India will be able to sell a lot of Teslas is if GF-5 is there. Unless it's changed recently, India has very high barriers to entry for any goods not produced in India. Even more so than China.

Tesla needs a PR firm to counter the media’s false narrative,
It’s not about increasing demand but rather about not
Letting others undermine their achievements which
In turn destroy demand.

I could not quite understand Elon’s hesitancy about this
Issue.
I think it came down to how exactly to approach it without looking like you are desperately trying to cover up some FUD. Possibly making it worse.

Just because they hire a PR firm doesn't necessarily mean that PR firm actually does a good job. I got a sense by the end of the shareholder meeting that Elon is at least thinking about how to best approach it.

Reactions: The Blue Owl
Tesla needs a PR firm to counter the media’s false narrative,
It’s not about increasing demand but rather about not
Letting others undermine their achievements which
In turn destroy demand.

I could not quite understand Elon’s hesitancy about this
Issue.

Don't you get it ? Just like advertising, no need for PR when Tesla is selling every car it makes.

Let the FUD grow and take hold. When it starts hurting the company, then we'll start doing something about it.

EDIT: (sarcasm)

Last edited:
Sorry to anyone that was banking on the after hours rise for their short term bets......but I'm loving this price action lol. 45 million shares short and a ton of volume this morning to drive the stock down. I don't think amy investors worth a damn would be selling after that shareholder meeting which means shorties are doubling down even more. Lets get that short number to hit 50 million(or whatever the limit is)

***Fair disclosure. I'll have money at the end this month to buy more shares so I'm hoping it stays in the low 200's or even goes back to 190.....please don't hate me:p