Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Try again - article is from last year
Almost nobody that owns a Ferrari uses it as a daily driver. But Maher has said he drives a Tesla:

"Bill Maher mentioned on his show that he drives a Tesla. He also said he has an Audi for travelling but he plans on getting rid of it because of the VW scandal."​

Model S Celebrities | Page 30 | Comment #758 @Grendal

Plus, God's been thinking about getting one too. (2:52) ;)

Last edited:
Just a heads up. I am predicting 103185 cars for the quarter. The last two times I pulled production numbers out of my ass like this I was pretty close. Just saying, if someone want to throw an extra few million at buying some stock don’t sweat it. I got your back.

My updated projection for Q3 deliveries, using a proprietary, patented algorithm, is a range of 100,420-104,200 cars.

Last edited:
Almost nobody that owns a Ferrari uses it as a daily driver. But Maher has said he drives a Tesla:

"Bill Maher mentioned on his show that he drives a Tesla. He also said he has an Audi for travelling but he plans on getting rid of it because of the VW scandal."​

Old AF and no pics.
If he drives Teslas avidly, there should be easily sourced pics.

• Informative
Reactions: RMan

Q? is why is LL on his show? Is it often that she gets invited to shows like this?
If Maher is on Twitter/FB .. someone should give some good info on LL, prior to the show :)

So a 5 year old article with lukewarm sentiment that doesn't state he drives an S...

He's probably tepid on the subject because many people hate Tesla and Elon. You definitely don't buy a Tesla because you hate it and I'm sure you've heard his spiels on climate change. Folks, he's in our camp or I'm an idiot.

No doubt he'll bring on Michael Moore (again) to talk about the new Tesla Movie. (I have no evidence on the movie, just sure it's being made or considered).

I don’t believe this Musk pump BS. I believe Daniel Ives, who’s actual job is to analyze companies and provide price targets. Daniel Ives told us to buy at $380 and sell at $180, and that’s really nice of him. He just wants us to donate to Wall Street. They have families and need to eat, too. Spread the wealth. I’m in favor of communism. Free Tesla’s for all, I say! :)

My estimate is 73,912 cars
70B3100A-CECB-49E5-8DE3-9EC44A54D0C9.jpeg

kind of annoying that all this real, tangible good news does is erase the dip from the absurd imaginary bad news on Tuesday.

Uh, no. The good news just happened. It's effect still needs to blossom over the next few days going into the EoQ. It's raised interest in the numbers and put Tesla in a positive light. It ain't over until it's over!

I see this as "bullish". There are no tweets or internal emails yet quoted about the need to sell x thousands of Model 3s to meet the quarter's goal. I think Tesla has strong end-of-quarter pushes in Europe, UK, and Australia but a stronger August delivery total appears to have ameliorated the need for a frantic end of September delivery hell.
It would seem that the Market prefers 'frantic'. ;)

Just a heads up. I am predicting 103185 cars for the quarter. The last two times I pulled production numbers out of my ass like this I was pretty close. Just saying, if someone want to throw an extra few million at buying some stock don’t sweat it. I got your back.

Meh, I said 103k back in frikkin’ August...

Model 3 - 80k produced, 83k delivered

Dunno, Model 3 inventory was already silly low last quarter, and they'd further drain that by another 3k units while expanding to big markets with deep delivery queues?

I think a Q3 production surprise might be possible - Tesla usually tracks new orders with production...

Or they might be production constrained at Fremont, as Carsonight has reported from GF1.

Big dreams! That would be an upside of almost 3% :)!

"Beyond $250" has no upper boundary in my book. :D

Anyway, let's not fall into an uber bull trap: Tesla delivery reports were news-nullified and bear-raided in the past - the glorious Q3'2018 delivery report was lied about by financial news services and TSLA dropped.

So it's not over until it's over, and it will only be over when TSLA short interest drops from the current 29% of the float to AAPL and AMZN levels, which is 0.95% and 0.75% respectively.

Last edited:
I'm pretty certain Bill drives a Model S...

No, you jackwagon. People asserted he DRIVES an S but have no evidence beyond hearsay; nobody can even show him saying he owns one. The article is old and barely-favorable. He is having Linette on his show. All evidence supports me.
A person (@Hasbro1) asserted he drives an S. Maybe he does, maybe he doesn't. I don't know how harassed by photographers he is so I can't figure any odds of there being pics either way.

But if your read of his 2014 blog entry is that it is "barely-favorable"? Look, Bill Maher is a political pundit and he clearly gets under your skin. Okay. But that doesn't change his stance on an EV future and climate change -- and as regards Tesla that is what matters.

Will Tesla come up in the segment? It might, and if it does it would be an opportunity for Linette Lopez to be put in the hotseat. So here's hoping that someone has the means to encourage him to bring up Tesla...

I don’t believe this Musk pump BS. I believe Daniel Ives, who’s actual job is to analyze companies and provide price targets. Daniel Ives told us to buy at $380 and sell at $180, and that’s really nice of him. He just wants us to donate to Wall Street. They have families and need to eat, too. Spread the wealth. I’m in favor of communism. Free Tesla’s for all, I say! :)

Great reminder, thank you. Though I'm in favor of Comeupism. :cool: Sadly, even Google hasn't heard of it:

1 result (0.21 seconds)

Did you mean: communism

Search Results
Web results
https://esmemes.com/https://esmemes.com › lenin-meme
25+ Best Memes About Lenin Meme | Lenin Memes
Find the newest Lenin Meme meme. The best memes from Instagram, Facebook, Vine, and Twitter about Lenin Meme.

Just when the FT's Alphaville couldn't hold it in anymore and had to have one more go at Tesla (nope, not linking).

Spread the wrath. :D

Attachments

• upload_2019-9-26_22-54-17.png
    upload_2019-9-26_22-54-17.png
    664 bytes · Views: 34
  • upload_2019-9-26_22-54-17.png
    upload_2019-9-26_22-54-17.png
    664 bytes · Views: 33
Last edited: