Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Truth be told, my only formal Gym experience was at a local branch of Golds gym where, in my opinion, their predatory efforts to get me to sign up for a membership would have stuck me with an obligation for thou$ands shortly before Golds moved out of town. Perhaps I misread their intentions, but my advice is to be very, very careful before signing up for any kind of gym membership with a binding contract.

On topic in that I might save you money to invest in TSLA instead.
OT
That is the old style..most gym's don't do that used car salesman crap anymore.

The thing is, the whole American experiment is based on the premise that its citizens make responsible, informed decisions in the voting booth. Why should someone get a say in how the country is run (i.e. vote) if they don't live up to their end of the bargain and stay informed? That's why, in my opinion, it's not out of bounds to criticize someone for ignorance (especially if they vote). In the modern digital age, information is freely available. Ignorance is largely a lifestyle choice.
It also relies on education, which has been beaten down since the 1980s. If you don't have the education to know you're uninformed, you'll never realize it. Those in college or university now are probably the last generation where the non-ultra wealthy in the U.S. will be able to attend.

True enough, but hopefully people at Tesla are looking at more than just the top few questions.

I can think of a few things Tesla could do:

1. Sell charging equipment with metering, to allow tenants to pay for what they use if there is shared infrastructure. (ChargePoint already does this.)

2. Offer a combination of financing and revenue sharing. Essentially, have Tesla's system bill a little more per kWh to help defray the initial cost of installation. The goal would be to reduce cash out of pocket for property owners.

3. Manage the permitting and installation process as they do today for Powerwalls and solar panels.

4. Lobby some major local governments (i.e., City of Los Angeles, etc.).
Remember, Tesla is not the only BEV manufacturer. With the recent headlines about it's coming charging network, this would be a prime opportunity for Ford to come up with an apartment charging solution or another conglomeration such as ElectrifyAmerica. As stated, the accessibility of home charging solutions is a great selling point for BEV's regardless of who the manufacturer is... wouldn't make sense to make it Tesla only.

True enough, but hopefully people at Tesla are looking at more than just the top few questions.

Well in that case, if we're using it as a general suggestion box, maybe I should add in things I've pondered, like:

"Have you considered adding in a radiant heater into the car, to supplement the existing convective (vent) and conductive (seat) heating? Radiant is fast, efficient, feels lovely, and if properly aimed could also heat specific objects (steering wheel, etc)"

"Are there any plans to add in water-reactive outgassing compounds (such as sodium bicarbonate + citric acid, or even potassium superoxide) into the drive unit inverters to create positive backpressure in the event of water intrusion after seal failure (e.g. prolongued submersion, defects, aging, etc)? What about water-polymerizing compounds? If you don't plan to do anything, how do you plan to ensure no seal failure for the pickup? Driving through water is one of many types of abuse that pickup owners expect them to be able to survive."

Currently... maybe the word is getting out about Shanghai. Wouldn't surprise me to have the announcement (and perhaps ceremony) about model 3 production starting in China the same day as earnings...

It is crazy the informational advantage that hedge funds and big money has. They seem to be able to get in and enjoy a lot of gains while retail investors are stuck wondering what is happening with the stock.

Remember, Tesla is not the only BEV manufacturer. With the recent headlines about it's coming charging network, this would be a prime opportunity for Ford to come up with an apartment charging solution or another conglomeration such as ElectrifyAmerica. As stated, the accessibility of home charging solutions is a great selling point for BEV's regardless of who the manufacturer is... wouldn't make sense to make it Tesla only.
Of course Ford will do as you stated, on their spare time.

• Funny
Reactions: wipster
"Are there any plans to add in water-reactive outgassing compounds (such as sodium bicarbonate + citric acid, or even potassium superoxide) into the drive unit inverters to create positive backpressure in the event of water intrusion after seal failure (e.g. prolongued submersion, defects, aging, etc)? What about water-polymerizing compounds? If you don't plan to do anything, how do you plan to ensure no seal failure for the pickup? Driving through water is one of many types of abuse that pickup owners expect them to be able to survive."

Great mind's think alike...been wondering the same thing.....aging...yep been wondering about aging.

Well in that case, if we're using it as a general suggestion box, maybe I should add in things I've pondered, like:

"Have you considered adding in a radiant heater into the car, to supplement the existing convective (vent) and conductive (seat) heating? Radiant is fast, efficient, feels lovely, and if properly aimed could also heat specific objects (steering wheel, etc)"

Now don't be cynical Karen... ☺️

Global interest in Model S and X is back up according to Google Trends (red and blue). I guess word of mouth from Model 3 deliveries is working as planned. Search for Model 3's related queries are rising steadily (see graph with blue line only) and Model Y will probably take over before interest in 3 starts to plateau. Nice.
Raven and the Plaid prototype probably have them back in the public eye. That and those who flipped to 3 from S have done so by now.

• Love
Reactions: SpaceCash

@abasile, now look what you've done!

Great mind's think alike...been wondering the same thing.....aging...yep been wondering about aging.

And if the seals go.... when you have a hot inverter, and then it cools, you've got negative pressure inside, and it's going to suck in any water that's on the outside (even splashed water). Making your seals as reliable as possible is one thing. But having a backup plan seems like an obvious additional thing to do.

And if the seals go.... when you have a hot inverter, and then it cools, you've got negative pressure inside, and it's going to suck in any water that's on the outside (even splashed water). Making your seals as reliable as possible is one thing. But having a backup plan seems like an obvious additional thing to do.
I find as I get older I have some positive pressure inside......wait what are we talking about again?

After looking at the Say questions, I really only have one. Where are all the batteries going to come from? Aren’t we maxed out with 3 production? How/why add Y, Truck, Semi if you are selling all the batteries (via the 3) you can make. FSD continued completeness will only make the shortage worse. All those other things, charger locations, service, GF3 ramp, Truck reveal, Y production start will take care of themselves, where are the batteries?

After looking at the Say questions, I really only have one. Where are all the batteries going to come from? Aren’t we maxed out with 3 production? How/why add Y, Truck, Semi if you are selling all the batteries (via the 3) you can make. FSD continued completeness will only make the shortage worse. All those other things, charger locations, service, GF3 ramp, Truck reveal, Y production start will take care of themselves, where are the batteries?

Well, we already know the answer:
  • Near-term supply increases are from getting the Panasonic lines closer to their design capacity
  • Longer-term supply increases are from their own production lines.
The latter is of course a very interesting topic that I'd love to learn more about...