Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Plus if your phone (like mine) constantly seeks WiFi...and you connect to you car ...then the phone switches back to cellular..it drops.
I have to remember to turn WiFi off when I summon.
Is that the best way to make it work? I wondered about that, so I kept trying WiFi only, Mobile Data only, then both in combination, but I had the same problem either way.

So if my car often seems to have streaming music buffering problems or something indicating a carrier problem, that's likely what causes the troubles I have with Summon?
Good chance.

side note, isn't it crazy that we have semi-self driving cars but still have issues getting a GD cell signal in many places? I'm starting to think Cell service is like printers, they reached a certain level of progress and just stopped.

Good chance.

side note, isn't it crazy that we have semi-self driving cars but still have issues getting a GD cell signal in many places? I'm starting to think Cell service is like printers, they reached a certain level of progress and just stopped.

Sounds like a good industry for Elon to disrupt. Oh wait...

Is that the best way to make it work? I wondered about that, so I kept trying WiFi only, Mobile Data only, then both in combination, but I had the same problem either way.
I found when I leave my gym (with phone connected to their WiFi) the phone will change to Cellular and drop the connection to the car almost every time. Now I turn off WiFi and just use cellular and it works very well. I had several people staring at me as I got in the car with mouth's wide open. One older gentleman asked me "Did I just see that car drive up to you by itself?" I said "yep..it's the future...now!"
He loved it!

Why. These are just normal people going about there day, raising family’s, paying their mortgages. They just catch the headlines, read a bit of the news and hear the rumours. They have no axe to grind. Almost everyone drives a truck in this business. Tesla is just a blip on the radar. These are salt of the earth people with no interest in any Tesla products. Now if Tesla ever makes trucks... RV industry folks. Every one of these folks is into hunting, fishing, snowmobiling, trapping. A truck is in their DNA.

Disagree, life is no excuse for total ignorance. Especially life on a planet in peril.

Is it just me or is anyone else getting the feeling that the SP won't drop off a cliff tomorrow like usual?

The biggest share price moves of all public companies tend to happen right after earnings. Up or down. I think Tesla is on the rebound so I expect it will be trading higher than it is right now in the weeks following earnings.

What it does tomorrow or the next day, I have very little insight. And, in the bigger picture, these daily moves are of no importance.

I sold a chunk off at 260 so it's probably going to up this time. You guys are welcome. ;)

yeah i cashed in a bunch of profit at about 262, hoping to use the cash to increase my number of shares after the report. call me cynical, but i've seen this movie before. obviously, i think the stock price is absurdly low, but i have no idea when the street will wake up to Tesla's true value. in the meantime, when i see an opportunity to get more shares, i'll take it.

yeah i cashed in a bunch of profit at about 262, hoping to use the cash to increase my number of shares after the report. call me cynical, but i've seen this movie before. obviously, i think the stock price is absurdly low, but i have no idea when the street will wake up to Tesla's true value. in the meantime, when i see an opportunity to get more shares, i'll take it.
My exact through process. Every time it dips after reports or events.

Don't know if you're trolling or not, but no, I'm not concerned about that.

Reason being the Chinese government would only be threatened by Starlink if SpaceX would provide internet service to Chinese customers. SpaceX is smart enough not to do that without an agreement from the Chinese government.
Pretty paranoid about trolling look at my prior posts.

I found when I leave my gym (with phone connected to their WiFi) the phone will change to Cellular and drop the connection to the car almost every time. Now I turn off WiFi and just use cellular and it works very well. I had several people staring at me as I got in the car with mouth's wide open. One older gentleman asked me "Did I just see that car drive up to you by itself?" I said "yep..it's the future...now!"
He loved it!
~ Summoning your car after working out at the gym. ~

Irony personified.

Disagree, life is no excuse for total ignorance. Especially life on a planet in peril.
Most people don't have valid excuses for their ignorance, and as human beings, we are really good at willful ignorance. However, rather than offering condemnation, I find it works best to try to meet people where they are. With respect to energy and transportation, that is essentially Tesla's mission. If they want a cool truck, Tesla will have an answer for that. And, by the way, the Tesla truck will have a far less negative impact on the planetary systems that support their hunting and fishing.