Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
MM's trying to push it down to Max Pain (stated at $320, but I suspect more likely $325), but the shoes being snapped-up!

Indeed, MaxPain for TSLA options expiring today based on yesterday’s closing open interest is $320 according to Opricot: Opricot Open Interest|Volume|Max Pain

However, a cursory study of today’s options activity indicates that $335 may now be a more lucrative target for market makers and particularly hedge funds that wrote (sold to open) options expiring today. Trading volume is light. If it remains that way, the manipulators may be able to channel the closing share price to $335. Of course, anything in the meantime could upset their plans.

Reuters :
Siemens CEO deplores admiration for 'pot smoker' after his deputy praised Tesla

“Siemens (SIEGn.DE) Chief Executive Joe Kaeser on Friday lamented Germans who fail to recognize true visionaries and instead admire pot smokers who talk about space travel, only days after his own deputy praised Tesla’s CEO Elon Musk."

“Amusing opinions in our country: When a German chief executive proactively orients his company toward the future, he is regarded as “lofty” and “philosophical”. When a pot smoking colleague in the United States talks about Peterchen’s moon ride, he is an admired visionary,” Kaeser tweeted, referring to a German’s children’s story about traveling in space.

:eek:

Somebody has issues. :rolleyes:

It seems shorts lost a major ally in shorting TSLA - Goldman Sachs. I don't know the reason behind it. Maybe not everyone at GS is an idiot. Shorts should pay attention to this change. I expect GS to go net long at some point, if they haven't already.
Now its just a numbers game. Tesla has proven it can grow in a very difficult market, and make a factory from scratch in 10 months. So i'm guessing GS wants in on funding the next several GF(s) since it was mentioned that several gigafactories are needed for satisfying local demand....

This really is amazing.
The stupidity of these people is astonishing.

TSLAQ are invested in a trade with unlimited downside in a company with the most ambitious growth plans in history, and now they block one of the key news distributions channels for said company?!

Replies to Elon's tweets are also TSLAQ's FUD distribution channel with the widest reach. And now they block their own access to it?!

Yes, this was the obvious intent of that gentle 'nudge' by Elon yesterday. I didn't comment because I didn't want to jinx the result. Now (after holding my piece for just 1 day), I can publicly announce that 'dragons is so stupid'.

Dragons is so stupid.jpg

Bonus prediction: Twitter deletes the 'TSLAQ' block list, and the Acct that runs it. :p

My guess is that they blocked one of their own because they were tainted.
It seems to me that many topics are taboo here. Don't talk about service. Don't talk about S,X refresh/redesign. Don't talk about Apple. Are we to only smile, pat each other on the back, and make fun of shorts all day? Again, I say, if we cannot have critical discussion about Tesla at TMC, where else are we to have it? Certainly not with all the trolls and FUD on Seeking Alpha and Twitter. We need to better distinguish between trolling and critical discussions.

There are other threads for the topics. At times they are of daily market impact, usually they are pipe dreams of a magic merger or potential dark cloud. Referring to service centers when Tesla announces a program to roll out new service centers, seems like an investment theme. Talking about your or my service issue sounds like a service thread.

I'm not picking sides, but I think there is some logic for when topics are on and off track and sometimes maybe on track enough for a weekend. All said by a guy who's gone off track once or twice.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
It seems shorts lost a major ally in shorting TSLA - Goldman Sachs. I don't know the reason behind it. Maybe not everyone at GS is an idiot. Shorts should pay attention to this change. I expect GS to go net long at some point, if they haven't already.
That is big news, if true. What is that information based on, please? TIA

To refute some recent posts, I don't have - and I'm pretty confident that no one on TMC has - any good knowledge of what Goldman Sachs is or is not doing.

Absolutely irrespective of that, and much more importantly, for me the single most intriguing trend that has emerged this week is the ratio of positive versus negative news articles.....AND headlines!...concerning TSLA. Mostly in the US press, but a fair amount in Europe and Aus/NZ as well (I've not looked at all at China/Korea/Japan). That can develop into a hugely bullish phenomenon.

Other long-timers: am I correct in thinking there has not been this level of positive press about Tesla since early days (2011-mid-2013)?

At the risk of dating yourself, which car did you choose? How'd your father react?

Cheers!

P.S. Its not just the 13-yr-old kids here that want a Telsa, its the 28-yr-olds too.
It was a 1962 Ford Fairlane. He loved it, but then took my advice again and bought a 1965 Mustang. That was his first real car love since his father had a 1909 Brush. I am old chronologically.

To refute some recent posts, I don't have - and I'm pretty confident that no one on TMC has - any good knowledge of what Goldman Sachs is or is not doing.

Absolutely irrespective of that, and much more importantly, for me the single most intriguing trend that has emerged this week is the ratio of positive versus negative news articles.....AND headlines!...concerning TSLA. Mostly in the US press, but a fair amount in Europe and Aus/NZ as well (I've not looked at all at China/Korea/Japan). That can develop into a hugely bullish phenomenon.

Other long-timers: am I correct in thinking there has not been this level of positive press about Tesla since early days (2011-mid-2013)?
I only started following closely back in 2016 or so, and I'd say that is correct. Even Q3 2018 had lots of articles focusing on poor quality and production problems.

Since I am MUCH older than you Audie, I do remember that. Actually there was lots of what we'd call FUD now, but in 2008-2013 there was some magnificent highs and lots of lows. There was not enough volume for anybody to short so the only questions we to survive or to die and most observers back them were rooting for survival but not at all sure. At the same time lost of people expected that SpaceX would destroy the nascent Tesla. So, sound minds had serious doubts.

Others who were around then may have better insight than do I. The documentation is a bit sketchy. I do recall actually buying TSLA shares in 2012, but regarded it as a speculation for something I wanted to work but expected to fail. In the end it seems as though i knew what I was doing but I did not.

The professional shorts hit hard around the end of 2013 when fires began to happen. They've never stopped AFAIK.

This can drive up demand too. All these people used to hear how Teslas are dangerous and terrible suddenly start hearing the opposite...
If this trend continues, Tesla may have to deal with a lot more than 10% surplus of orders.