Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Kolodny has a hit-piece out on CNBC, peddling the USA hit-piece. Full or innuendo and smear, don't click: Tesla's safety problems at its Nevada Gigafactory detailed in new report

For example, how is this remotely relevant?

OSHA fines are generally small, relative to the tens of millions that Tesla and CEO Elon Musk had to pay as part of an S.E.C. settlement. The company has paid $26,900 for workplace safety violations at the Gigafactory since 2017, according to Tuesday’s report, often negotiating a lower fine after reporting an injury or safety issue.

I'm surprised that there is no market reaction to this. It's not like it's been priced in.
I'm a happy long n00b here. Sitting on a bunch of 218 average cost basis shares till the end of time. How do I grab options? I use Chase You Invest. It would be nice to be a little more active in this game instead of just getting a free Tesla Roadster in 5 years. :)
I dabble in options via Robinhood myself. Just a note from another noob, options are very risky. I was down several grand with nothing to show for it, before I got hit with a big upside and now I'm up a few grand. I'm still 99% long shares. :)

Kolodny has a hit-piece out on CNBC, peddling the USA hit-piece. Full or innuendo and smear, don't click: Tesla's safety problems at its Nevada Gigafactory detailed in new report

OSHA fines are generally small, relative to the tens of millions that Tesla and CEO Elon Musk had to pay as part of an S.E.C. settlement. The company has paid $26,900 for workplace safety violations at the Gigafactory since 2017, according to Tuesday’s report, often negotiating a lower fine after reporting an injury or safety issue.
Skunks gotta spray.

In actual news, only see this on Electrek.
Elon Musk: Tesla is going to build Gigafactory 4 in 'Berlin area' - Electrek

Does Tesla factory pose fire threat to the airport?
e57cfe32-6f99-11e9-b91a-87f62b76a5ee_image_hires_110017.JPG

Tesla fire.

Can I just say the naming convention of “Gigafactory” is strange?

GIgafactories 3&4 are vehicle production plants with some level of battery pack production. Gigafactory 1 is primarily a battery factory. Gigafactory 2 has nothing to do with vehicles or battery production and makes solar products. And the biggest vehicle plant in Fremont is NOT a gigafactory.

Can we just rename Fremont GF1 & Reno GF2 ? And rename Buffalo TeraSolar 1?
NEIN!

That sound you hear is Kolodny’s feverish dreams of a Tesla bankwuptcy evaporating like so much bad air.

That isn’t even remotely reporting. If she follows anything in this vein then she would know that companies negotiate for lower fines. She would also understand the magnitude of those amounts, and how trivial they are (talking in the grand scheme of things and compared to other automotive companies, not to those injured).

She is desperate for her kickbacks to continue. She needs Tesla to fail. Why won’t it just fail already? Her analyst contacts have all assured her that it is a fraudulent company run by a fraudulent CEO as a big Ponzi scheme. Why doesn’t anyone get it?

Yes, I admit to a certain bit of schadenfreude at her predicament.

Wait, where is the factory going to be?

Unfortunately there's very few swamps in the Schönefeld area - Linette Lopez wil have to use a greenscreen for her report.

Weird market action. I expected a volume bump, either up or down ("Yay!" or "Sell the news", respectively) but the trading volume has dropped off a little if anything. Mostly haven't seen any other reporting.

Nasdaq gave back a +0.5% gain by the end of the day - comparatively TSLA held up well.