Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My thought about vehicle fire:
Tesla has produced more than 800,000 EVs. Now we have enough real world data to know fire is extremely rare. Technology and design generally gets better. In the future Tesla can even train the car to call the owner when things go wrong, or drive itself out of garage if needed.

Now shorts are facing the possibility to lose billions more, some of them might start to do evil things: secretly burn down a few cars on the street and use that as excuse to attack the stock. I do know EV technology is already proven. Shorts won't scare me with this approach.

To me, there are two nationalities who are meticulous when it comes to details, the Germans and the Japanese. It's just not in the Chinese blood to have that kind of patience. The only Chinese I know who actually cares about details would be people from HK. The rest are the "get the work done as fast as possible and who cares about all the little things". My parents are great examples of this. Mom loves to "clean" the house and does it with great speed and also daily. But she literally use the same towel for the toilet bowl to clean the kitchen counter.
Reminds me of Albert Brooks in Defending Your Life. His roommates dad is starting up a Japanese watch company called Casio and he can get in on the ground floor. A Japanese watch company? He says he’d love to invest in it, but Japanese and precision, no way. The Swiss, they know about precision, not the Japanese! No one will buy a Japanese watch. He would have made a fortune.

New starlink satellites over San Jacinto Mountains.

75341001_10157982094247754_1083006077047406592_o.jpg

It's the same type of thing. Future news without profit today does not affect SP.

That's not true because the share price is based on expected earnings. News released about a future event that will almost certainly increase earnings at a future date is priced in immediately (with a discount for the amount of time and the relative certainty/uncertainty that it will come to pass). I've seen this time and time again.

I heard it was on a post it note, but then I heard it was on toilet paper. Mark conserving cash to double down on tslaq.

I've heard that his dinner parties are now only potlucks and he requests that his guests bring their own TP.

Of course, it's only an academic distinction because only his mom and dad used to show up but they have quit coming. :(

Were you surprised during the Model Y reveal? Elon dropped enough hints about the Y, just like the Truck. We knew that the Y is a volume product that will share a lot of similarities to the 3.

Elon's hint on the truck is

1. Probably a niche product.."you may like it, you may not, it's not for everyone"
2. "it's like nothing you have ever seen on the road before, people would be like WHOA"
3. "It's like a truck from blade runner or a futuristic APC"
4. "It's the best product I think Tesla have ever made"
5. Kimble "it will blow your mind".

Yeah that all sounds like it's going to be a potato on wheels Tesla can crank out 100k the first year it starts production.

The fact that "I think this is the best product Tesla have ever made" screams over engineering because it's not like their Roaster 2.0 or their Model X with self-presenting doors were some half assed intern projects.

The only project that is ahead of schedule from Tesla is the model Y that is truly very similar to the 3 which production is doing really well. The Model X if shared 70%+ parts with the S would have been in a similar situation.

The Truck seems like it shares the drive train and that's about it.
Don't pull a neroden! All full size pickups are over engineered (huge) to eyes outside of the US. Different strokes.

Mom loves to "clean" the house and does it with great speed and also daily. But she literally use the same towel for the toilet bowl to clean the kitchen counter.
:eek::eek::eek:
Well they do say that the toilet bowl is one of the cleaner parts of the house....