Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
New Boss for Audi: Fresh From BMW, Markus Duesmann Takes Over As CEO in April - The Truth About Cars

Eleven months after making interim CEO Bram Schot a permanent fixture in the big chair, Audi AG’s board has found someone else to lead the luxury brand.

Markus Duesmann, a mechanical engineer who served as BMW’s board member in charge of purchasing until his contract ran out in September, will take over from Schot on April 1st, 2020. Schot has apparently decided to leave Volkswagen Group at the end of March “by best mutual agreement.” He got the job after his predecessor, Rupert Stadler, was arrested for suspected involvement in the company’s diesel emissions scandal.

[...]

“As an excellent engineer, Markus Duesmann will do everything in his power to leverage the great potential of the Audi brand and will once again demonstrate the promise of Vorsprung durch Technik,” VW Group CEO Herbert Diess said in a statement.

That said, the brand stressed what it really wants Duesmann to achieve. “Among the most important cornerstones of the new Audi strategy are the accelerated transformation into a provider of sustainable mobility and the determined decarbonization of the company,” Audi said.

[...]

Both Mosch and Diess had kind words for the departing Schot, who took the helm at a rocky time. “He started a cultural transformation towards fewer hierarchies, a clear value system and more openness,” Mosch said.
This makes VW look more serious about EVs, and makes me think of "Then they fight you". Good for the mission.

• Informative
Reactions: Lessmog
First job with detailed requirements now posted for GF4 Berlin (Nov 15, 2019)

Senior Legal Counsel, Commercial

Job Category:
Legal & Government Affairs
Req. ID: 54804
Job Type: Full-time

The Role

"
The Senior Legal Counsel, Commercial will be a part of Tesla’s legal team and support commercial transactions, negotiations, and related legal matters. The role is based in Berlin, Germany, but may be partly based in another location dependent on your country of residence. This role will report to Tesla’s Associate General Counsel, Commercial and Construction."​

It’s a good thing Tesla takes legal matters serious for GF4. It should be their top priority. I do a lot of business in Germany and it’s easy to get sucked into legal issues. In Italy you get bogged down in bureaucratic troubles, in France in labor troubles, and in Germany in legal troubles. It’s a national fixation.

I’m expecting some groups to try and slow Tesla down with legal procedures, especially concerning the forest that needs to be cut down. Even though it is low quality monoculture, planted for logging, and would already have been cut in 2001 for the BMW factory, there are people with an agenda that will try to put up a fight. German TESLAQ people like ex-VW Schmitter, politician Oomen of the green party (who is aligning himself with TESLAQ and calls them ‘the enemy of my enemy’; he obviously doesn’t have a clue what Tesla is about) and maybe some local nimby’s.

I hope Tesla finds a legal powerhouse.

Thanks so much for explaining what that word means. I never knew and was too embarrassed to ask :)

Do you happen to know what a millionaire is?

I've met people who think a "real" millionaire needs to have annual income of over a million dollars. :rolleyes:

It's true that today most "millionaires", as defined by total net worth, are not what we used to think of as "millionaires". You could be a 40-year-old policeman, have a modest 3 bedroom house in San Fran or NYC, a bank account of $60,000, a 401K of $140,000 and technically be a millionaire.

I think it's unlikely any TMC members made a billion dollars last year and so I was just clarifying what I meant. ;)

Reactions: SpaceCash
Pretty sure there are billionaires registered here (net worth > $1 billion).
Very unlikely. There are "only" 500 billionaires in US. Only a few would be interested in Tesla. Its unlikely they do any research by themselves. Only person who might have registered is Musk - but I think he spends time mostly on Twitter.

Very unlikely. There are "only" 500 billionaires in US. Only a few would be interested in Tesla. Its unlikely they do any research by themselves. Only person who might have registered is Musk - but I think he spends time mostly on Twitter.

TMC membership is not limited to US citizens! :rolleyes:

TMC membership is not limited to US citizens! :rolleyes:
There are even fewer billionaires outside US - and in places like China (which has a lot) I doubt the billionaires would register in an obscure website to get Tesla info. They have specialized wealth management firms do the investing. Infact most people with a substantial investment (in millions) have wealth managements firms do all the investing.

Forget billionaires, even hedge fund managers who actively trade Tesla may not be registered here. They will ask an intern to scan TMC. Bigger ones will hire people like SoylentBrown to do in depth investigation and likely have a lot more info than we do.

I was thinking exactly your thoughts a few months ago in August 2019. Seemed like a great deal. Sold me stock and held cash a few weeks while selling OTM puts. That way, I thought, at least you get 5-6 dollars a share guaranteed each week. The problem is when the stock goes up 20-30 dollars in few days, you lose out because you may only get 5-6 dollar premium a a week. When the stock explodes higher week after week, you get left in the dust.

But it may be more viable now that TSLA is within 10% of ATH. If TSLA sits here for a while, your strategy could work. But now of course if you sell your stock to have cash to secure the ATM puts, you'll pay a pretty hefty tax bill if you rode the stock up from the low 200s.

But if it is fresh cash, it could work well. Just realize you may miss your chance to buy if stock keeps going straight up. And the few dollars you get in premium may not provide consolation.

So you're saying that getting paid for attempting to buy stock by selling cash covered puts would only work well for a stock that frequently sees sudden, inexplicable, sharp drops?

Let me see if I can think of such a stock...

Let's check -
If you are a billionaire, please "love" this post.
If you are not a billionaire yet, please "like" this post.
If you don't want to be a billionaire - what are you doing here?

I've met people who think a "real" millionaire needs to have annual income of over a million dollars. :rolleyes:

It's true that today most "millionaires", as defined by total net worth, are not what we used to think of as "millionaires". You could be a 40-year-old policeman, have a modest 3 bedroom house in San Fran or NYC, a bank account of $60,000, a 401K of $140,000 and technically be a millionaire.

I think it's unlikely any TMC members made a billion dollars last year and so I was just clarifying what I meant. ;)

So does that make the definition of trillionaire... “Elon Musk in 5 years”?

Newb here. Would someone explain this ?

I'm having trouble understanding puts and calls options lingo. Are they from the perspective of the person holding the stock, or does a person e.g. either buy or sell a CALL (or PUT) ?

I was just tired of typing out the proper name since I've been mentioning it the whole post. It was referencing the put spread sold where a tsla bull sells put option at strike price of 100 and buy a put option at strike price of $50.

When you mention a put spread sold, the higher strike price is the put option sold and the lower price is the one that's bought. So ppl only need to know the two strike prices (hence 100/50) and the fact that it is a sold put spread to know which option we are talking about.

We will all be billionaires in 20 years when TSLA hits $1,000,000.

If Tesla hits 1million/share, I'll personally donate some money toward Spiegel's medical bills due to him catching TB from being homeless and living on the streets. I'll also do my best to serve him food at the soup kitchen.

Only if it hits a million tho. If Tesla shares are $999,999 then F him..he can die for hell I care. He ain't getting *sugar* from me.

Last edited:
There are even fewer billionaires outside US - and in places like China (which has a lot) I doubt the billionaires would register in an obscure website to get Tesla info. They have specialized wealth management firms do the investing. Infact most people with a substantial investment (in millions) have wealth managements firms do all the investing.

Forget billionaires, even hedge fund managers who actively trade Tesla may not be registered here. They will ask an intern to scan TMC. Bigger ones will hire people like SoylentBrown to do in depth investigation and likely have a lot more info than we do.

According to the Wealth-X Billionaire Consensus, there are 2,604 known billionaires. San Francisco has the most billionaires per capita of *any* city in the world with one billionaire per 11,600 residents. Tesla was founded in the same area, San Carlos.

I think it's pretty presumptuous of you to claim that none of them have ever registered at TMC considering that TMC was the first community of Tesla enthusiasts in the world and it also the largest. Billionaires are human and have spare time and curiosity about what is going on in the world they live in. You appear to think they are somehow above all that, having all their knowledge and everything they are exposed to filtered through personal assistants. While many are like that, a population of over 2,600 people, from all walks of life, is never that homogenous.

Billionaires are human and have spare time and curiosity about what is going on in the world they live in. You appear to think they are somehow above all that, having all their knowledge and everything they are exposed to filtered through personal assistants. While many are like that, a population of over 2,600 people, from all walks of life, is never that homogenous.
There are 2 types of billionaires. Very active ones - who are super into their own companies etc. I Doubt they have the time to surf TMC.

The lazy ones are more into their own billionaire leisure activities.

The most likely way some billionaire would have visited TMC if they follow Musk on Twitter and if he ever linked to something on TMC (I don't think he has). We know Larry is obviously very interested in Tesla - but do you think he visits TMC ? SV billionaires probably know enough people who can tell them what's happening with Tesla over lunch & dinner.

Bottomline : Its just my opinion vs yours. Lets agree to disagree.