Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So, you have sold all your interest in TSLA and are awaiting lower prices that you think are coming? Based on a defamation trial?

I have no idea what a jury will do but I don't find your reasoning logical. Irrationality and emotions do not pre-ordain one outcome. Jurors could get angry that Unsworth is wasting their time trying to extort money. Or they could love the way Musk was standing up against assumed pedophiles. Once you assume the jurors are emotional and irrational, the outcome becomes less certain, not more.

A) He didn’t say or suggest selling. He did suggest buying all you can if the case is lost and TSLA takes a dive.
B) You literally just said what he said about people being emotional and making emotional decisions. :rolleyes:

I am a bit surprised (i.e. mildly disappointed) that Tesla is still building 120 kW chargers (in the UK & Central-Eastern Europe).

I agree with the "mildly disappointed" part, but I wonder whether the cost of producing and installing (and possibly servicing) the v3 250kW SCs is significantly higher than the v2, 120kW ones. And if that is the case, whether Tesla prefers to install v3 SCs in areas of high traffic or of high-speed travel (high speed limit highways, Autobahn, etc.).

It may also be that they have a big stockpile of v2 SCs already produced, or it's simply faster to make these compared to the v3s, in which case v2 and v3 will coexist for the foreseeable future.

To mods: if you feel this is really off-topic or has the potential to hijack the thread with endless discussion on Supercharger technology (which I don't encourage in any way), feel free to delete or move this post to a more appropriate thread.

Kurt Huwig on Twitter

upload_2019-12-6_13-55-2.png

Need confirmation on this. Anyone here speak German who can look up info on the Umweltbonus?

For anyone who doesn't want to give Fred a click: they switched from single and dual motor Cybertrucks in late 2021, tri-motor in late 2022, to having dual and tri-motor in late 2021, and the single-motor RWD in late 2022. Likely as a result of the fact only 17% of reservations were single-motor RWD, with the rest split between the other versions, so why not prioritize the more expensive versions?

Really. It’s like the flip side of watching a train wreck in slow motion.

The active members of this forum know that a humongous transformation in transport and energy is about to hit an inflection point,

Yet by obsessively (at least in my case) reading hundreds of posts per day analyzing every small detail of this transformation, it is all proceeding in super slow motion.

The downside of this is that we tend to spend too much time on things that will just be footnotes later (the current pedo trial being a prime example).

The upside is that the better this story becomes, the more exquisite the detail.

So I look at it this way: if we knew we were about to have the greatest sex of our lives, would we rush it, or take it as slow as possible?

I got other things to do, like have sex on my private islands, on my two yachts, with a drink in hand while swing from my own SuperCharger...

Yeah, I vote let’s get it done yesterday!

I am a bit surprised (i.e. mildly disappointed) that Tesla is still building 120 kW chargers (in the UK & Central-Eastern Europe).

I hope Tesla will build some 250 kW chargers in Germany, where driving speeds are significantly higher[*] (and where they can really drive home the point that they are technically superior).

[*] A higher charging power means that the minimal total traveling time is achieved by a higher driving speed.

Is it possible they have no choice? That the permits they applied for (previous to V3 being ready) stipulate exactly what’s going in? That only NEW permits or less strict permits allow them to install V3?

Is it possible they have no choice? That the permits they applied for (previous to V3 being ready) stipulate exactly what’s going in? That only NEW permits or less strict permits allow them to install V3?

It's been obvious for a long time that the V3 cabinet line wasn't ramped, and even today is still ramping. Which is exactly what Tesla said when V3 was introduced; that there would be a rampup period. All across Canada since this summer they've been building out Supercharger stations, and then leaving them unfinished, awaiting the not-yet-available cabinets.

Mass producing things in a cost effective manner is the hard part. It doesn't just appear at scale the moment you unveil the product. Until the production line scaled, their choices were V2 or nothing.

It's worth pointing out that V2 Superchargers were a conceptually much simpler system to build. If I recall correctly (correct me if I'm wrong - this isn't a topic I've followed as closely), the racks inside the V2 cabinets are the same AC chargers as used in the S/X. Aka, already produced at scale. By contrast, V3 charger cabinets are a dedicated product.

Last edited:
I think they are waiting for the sales permit - which, according to speculation, should arrive late next week or the week after that.

Yes! When I read that GF4 parking areas are now filling up with cars ready to deliver, it seemed to me that several thousand MIC deliveries are now nearly guaranteed by end of Q4. The Shanghai and national leaders are not going to want pictures published of thousands of M3s sitting waiting for delivery because Chinese bureaucracy is holding up the final permit. That would detract from their huge PR win showing that in China a huge, complex factory can be built from scratch in 11 months. Whatever mid level dept. issues this sales permit is going to get stepped on hard if they don't grant the permit in the next week or two. Every day that 800 more cars join the ones already parked is going to increase pressure on them to get off the dime.