Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
As a quick reminder: last we heard, Mark Spiegel was selling uncovered calls ;)

Coming soon:

upload_2019-12-16_15-44-19.png

Whoa, maybe... I forgot about that deal. This "Image semantics" technology may have bought time for Tesla to upgrade computers into Q1. Even the terms they use... "SqueezeNet" all fits in here.

TESLA NEW 52 WEEK HIGH TODAY. This is a big deal for people that trade stocks a lot. What is the all time high? It should be close to $420 right? Feelin high baby!!!!

Is end-of-year covering a thing?

Shrug? On the other hand, year end Required Minimum Distributions definitely are. I'm trying to make mine the least number of shares possible.

Mark Spiegel whoever he is will be will be very cold and broke soon. Hope he has a lot of cash in his account because the margin calls are a comin.
Quote the crow: call call, call call.

Summary post for the potential EV credit bill which is being pointed to as a cause of the spike, thanks to @Karen and @SW2Fiddler for input:
Green Act EV Proposal Discussion

Plus it should be a cash rebate, not a tax credit, as there are many potential buyers who don't pay enough tax to take advantage of the credit. A rebate would be far more effective and fair as every purchaser could take advantage. Also, while it may have been mentioned, how would it apply to a lease? A lot of new Teslas are leased instead of being purchased outright...
Agreed but I had a few different thoughts.

It should be a $5000 tax credit. Most should be able to take full advantage of it. I also believe like others that the credit should be a max number of cars, say 2M, for any EV irrelevant of the manufacturer. It should also only apply to BEV that have an EPA range of 220 miles or more. That is where my 2013 Model S60 is right now and it barely gets me everywhere I need to go in the US. SO in my opinion that should be the minimum.

There should be a separate $2000 Fed rebate at time of purchase for any manufacturer that invest 2% of EV sales into 100kWh or more charging networks, per car sold. This would expire at 500K cars sold per manufacturer. Again, I have been happy with my 2013 Model S60 with the 90kWh superchargers so this is a good minimum.

That covers two of the hurdles for the BEV customers. The extra coast for an EV and the lack of charging. It also makes it a race to see who can make the most. Plus once the credit expires there will still be a rebate that reduces the price for the customer. No real need to do the step down thing on the credit.

It is tempting to "load up", "back up the truck" and lots of FOMO going on, so be careful ... as Buffett always advised "Buy low, sell high!" but more importantly, be excited when everyone else is running away (TSLA circa spring 2019 much? lol) and RUN AWAY when everyone else is excited (a bit extreme but this is to say, pay heed when looking to buy shares now at the 52-week high today).

• Helpful
Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
It is tempting to "load up", "back up the truck" and lots of FOMO going on, so be careful ... as Buffett always advised "Buy low, sell high!" but more importantly, be excited when everyone else is running away (TSLA circa spring 2019 much? lol) and RUN AWAY when everyone else is excited (a bit extreme but this is to say, pay heed when looking to buy shares now at the 52-week high today).
I'm guessing the people on this forum are not the ones driving the price up buying new shares...