Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
When Tim Seymour, appearing on CNBC, showed his short chart (babychart?) for TSLA revealing his target cover price (circled and underlined) at $370, he was visibly shaking.
So now that day, that price, that time has come!
Short shorts are shaking today!
Shake it baby, shake it!
Shake, rattle, and roll us a 420!
That’s all I want for Christmas this year.

Anton Wahlman, circa 1905: "Most horses respond to verbal commands, which makes it so much easier to steer and stop them. Not like these newfangled contraptions that force one to use their hands and legs all the time!"

Rode racehorse for 26 years. My thing to calm my mount down was to take my fingernails and scratch as hard as I could or his neck. THEY LOVED IT!!!

Geez over 7MM shares traded so far.

At what point is this an actual squeeze? $390?
An actual short squeeze is the price increasing primary from shorts being forced to cover. What you are seeing now could be the cause of a short squeeze, but most certainly is not the product of one. A short squeeze would be late today or tomorrow morning with the price well over $400.

Contrarily, this section is just packed full of trigger words are automatically going to make Republicans hate it:

-----
TITLE VI – ENVIRONMENTAL JUSTICE Sec. 601. Qualified environmental justice program credit (§ 36C). The provision creates a capped refundable competitive credit of $1 billion for each year from 2020 through and including 2024 to institutions of higher education for environmental justice (EJ) programs. The base credit is 20% of costs to be spent within five years by the receiving institution. Programs with material participation from Historically Black Colleges and Universities (HBCUs) and Minority Serving Institutions (MSIs) are eligible for a higher credit of 30%. Qualifying EJ programs shall be designed to address or improve data about environmental stressors for the primary purpose of improving or facilitating the improvement of health and economic outcomes of individuals residing in low-income areas or areas populated disproportionately by racial or ethnic minorities. Institutions receiving allocations shall make publicly available the application submitted to the Secretary and submit annual reports describing the amounts paid for and expected impact of the projects. The Secretary shall publicly disclose the identity of the institutions receiving the allocation and the amount of the allocation.
-----

I can't imagine that surviving the Senate. A billion dollars per year to "environmental justice" at "Historically Black Colleges and Universities and Minority Serving Institutions"? Might as well title it "TITLE VI - Easy Hippie-Punching Clickbait For Fox News"

perhaps

or this could just be cover for passing the rest of the proposed changes,

"yeah we extended those EV credits... I know, I know, but, 1) if we hadn't done this, we'd all be subsidizing foreign car companies with our tax dollars for years, and without giving a dollar of subsidies to our own GM, and 2) we could rid of the ridiculous "environmental justice" cr#p in that bill... you should seem what those loony Democrats wanted us to pass... killed it.

When Tim Seymour, appearing on CNBC, showed his short chart (babychart?) for TSLA revealing his target cover price (circled and underlined) at $370, he was visibly shaking.
Shake it baby, shake it!

One call is equal to 100 shares. You need one heck of a lot of cash in your account is you sell uncovered calls. Want to be a millionaire? Start with 100 million and sell uncovered Tesla calls.....lol.

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
E9B27993-CA97-4D3F-88B8-F01A2A2A4C96.jpeg

Shake it baby, shake it!

CNBC Fast Money - 2019 OCT 14:

Wow, I barely use twitter and apparently I'm blocked by the TSLAQ crowd. Not more than a dozen or so tweets myself. It's amazing they would spend the time to do that.
A trick used to filter out dissident opinions and push down the stock price by keeping lemming shorts in a bubble. That works until it doesn’t. When that bubble bursts , it bursts with the built up pressure.