Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I'm on tape delay on CNBC. I can't stand to listen to them in real-time so I just pause youtube tv for like an hour or two, then scroll through in about 2 mins to find anything worth listening to. Just caught their small bit on "Halftime Report" and their attitude when mentioning Tesla and Ark's new $6,000 price points makes it so obvious they're bitter about missing out on the rally. The greatest part is their attitude makes it impossible for them to switch sides and join in the rally. :D

Well, technically it's newly printed shares, so it will impact all the EPS calculations, etc. - i.e. it's technically dilutive, so TSLAQ have been using this half-truth to create an imaginary $554 price barrier for short-term price rises.

The first tranche is 1.69 million shares, so the dilutive effect is also minimal (0.9%) - and obviously dealing with a sustained $554 (and higher) price levels is a happy problem to Tesla investors. :D

I haven't done "fully diluted EPS" calcs in over twenty years but under old GAAP (FASB 13?) potentially diluted securities, under certain circumstances, entered into the "FDEPS" number?
(In my public accounting days I use to refer to FASB 13 as Alice in GAAP LAND)

• Funny
Reactions: Drax7
Apologies. I'm just getting into TMC for the first time today since I came across this specific confirmation of recent speculation here that part of the drive upwards to TSLA is business is finally wising up to climate change along with the public:

Larry Fink CEO Letter | BlackRock

If already discussed, please ignore.

Mod Mode: When I get around to limited survey of today's posts will eliminate this and any responses with a pointer to earlier discussion.

Edit: To summarize, "To Hell with climate deniers. It's bad for business." A letter to CEOs! That should make a splash!

Zowie. BlackRock making the economic case for embracing and running with this sustainability thing, instead of foot dragging and waiting to get dragged along.

I like Ross, but I just lost a good deal of respect after reading the tweet “There are realized gains and paper”, implying that realized gains are somehow inherently more valuable.

Most traders would say realized PnL is more important than MTM on your positions. It's really whether you view any given buy/sell as a trade or an investment decision - don't let it ruin your opinion of him.

17% of the third. So not only is the EV market growing, but Tesla is growing their share of it.
No, ARK Invest now has Tesla maintaining their market share of 17% of the projected larger EV market. Previously, ARK Invest's model had Tesla's share of the growing EV market shrinking to 11% as large competitors begin selling EVs in volume.

I think they are wrong, Tesla's market share is not representative of demand currently because they are production limited. I believe Tesla's manufacturing capacity will grow faster than all the 'big boys' combined (cf Shanghai, Berlin) so that Tesla's market share will grow in lockstep with their production capacity.

Further, there is a whole WAVE of failure yet to hit the 'big boys' as their under-performing first attempts at EVs are soundly rejected in the marketplace (cf. Chevy Bolt; Jag ePace; Porch (not)Taken*; Audi Turd; MB ICKy; VW ID req'd ) :p

Cheers!

*Bty not included

Last edited:
that is the performance version so no real surprise. What will be interesting is the 4S.

When can I buy one of those? 2021?

And that will get me a total rated range of 192 miles plus how much? That would be great if I didn't have to stop to Supercharge every 1-2 hours. Oh, wait...The 4S won't work on the Supercharger Network either? o_O

Picture, thousand words, all that.

E04127D6-474C-4E9F-BBE1-CCC2E1F24D7F.jpeg
54AFE32E-1BEF-4250-9FE7-1E5C9DE9ABF2.jpeg
9DFE0495-42F9-4753-8616-A0D43BDC7B55.jpeg
11EB2D05-6426-447E-8650-671644E8D96C.jpeg
B3E3EC16-2DFC-46F6-B0EE-85E0A79ACB10.jpeg

The only recent news I see is in regard to the NTSB board planing to meet on February 25 to discuss a March 2018 Tesla crash. Their preliminary report in June 2018 indicated that the driver did not have his hands on the steering wheel while in Autopilot. Algobots today may have seen more significance in the announcement of a meeting next month than I would.

The bursts of high volume selling are not the mode of long-term institutions. It is the mode of ether algobots hoping to beat the crowd, or human manipulators hoping to scare weak longs (including day traders) and trigger cascades of stop limit orders.

Curt in this case the entire market dipped sharply, not just TSLA. I don't believe TSLA is big enough (yet) to spook the entire market on a downward move :)

• Funny
Reactions: GBleck and SO16
Man! I knew I should've placed the order last night. Dang it!

Shopping is still open, I ordered another shirt this morning that I'll keep in the bag until I pick up my Cybertruck and go home to Celebrate with a shot of TeslaQuila.
Congrats to the longs and thanks to all the Contributors here who posted positive information opposite all the negative press and giving me the confidence to buy while the share price was taking a nose dive. Thank You!!

Tesla tracking macros (S&P500) relatively closely today

And S&P500 almost matching Nasdaq...

This is a frustrating day, the stock clearly wants to go up, but keeps getting bashed down.

And ho, ho, China tariffs, $TSLA falls - suckers!

Edit - I thought I had a big dump this morning, but nothing compared to that!!

upload_2020-1-14_20-15-35.png

Curt in this case the entire market dipped sharply, not just TSLA. I don't believe TSLA is big enough (yet) to spook the entire market on a downward move :)

Thanks. I realized that almost immediately and was attempting to revise my post when my internet connection failed. It then took me a while to determine the problem and reboot. If the macro drop was due to news that tariffs paid by Americans for Chinese goods will be maintained into the US elections, that should have minimal meaning for Tesla.