Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Here is a fresh GF3 video from Wuva:

Interestingly, from 3m16s to 3m18s there are a few black/white checkered Teslas.
What are they?

Edit: The outermost is different from the three other checkered ones, it looks like a 3, could the others be Ys?
Hmm. There was another picture of a camouflaged car people were speculating on that was driving behind a model Y and those look very similar. If these were an update to the S or something, why would they be in China?

https://ww.electrek.co/2019/10/29/tesla-model-3-prototype-longer-wheelbase-spotted/#

This wasn't the post I was thinking of. Will have to keep looking. Either way it's odd.

• Funny
Reactions: Artful Dodger
If Blackrock wants to boost their eco-credibility, all they need to do is recall their TSLA shares and stop lending them to short sellers. That'll leave a mark*.

Cheers!

*Blackrock is the #5 largest Institutional holder of TSLA with 5.731% of the stock.

Tesla, Inc. Common Stock (TSLA) Institutional Holdings

Actually, that 5.7% figure is the amount by which Blackrock increased its TSLA holdings during the third quarter. At the end of that quarter it owned 3.6% of TSLA.

It wouldn't be at all surprising, if Blackrock does just as you have suggest, possibly after completing another round of buying more shares of TSLA. Not just eco-friendly, but beneficial to their wealth. :cool:

Last edited:
It is almost a certainty that some TSLA equity / derivatives have been already purchased because of the increasing likelihood of S&P inclusion. In fact, it is a certainty, because some of my positions are based on that possibility.

I am not saying that S&P inclusion is fully priced in. I am saying that I think some of the stock price rise are the beginnings of that process.

If you disagree with that, then we can agree to disagree unless you can convince me otherwise. On one thing we can agree: every step that moves us closer to the eventuality of S&P inclusion will result in a stock price increase.
Yes but, those shares you bought in advance, do you intend to sell them at current SP on the day of the inclusion, or after they've purchased 10% of the stock? To think people would sell an equal amount of shares at the moment of the inclusion is absurd to me. You'll wait until it rises then profit taking happens. It's not the same as buying into an ER then mitigating your risk by dumping before the results. The results are a large purchase of shares, there is no "surprise miss". Dunno, just my thoughts.

Source?

All I could find are $25 millon to cancer research and resulting whitewashing in the obituary.
MIT, David Koch, and Jeffrey Epstein

"In an obituary for Koch published Friday MIT appreciatively recounted the conservative activist’s many donations to the institution in support of cancer research, child care and even basketball. Like his brother Charles, David Koch was an MIT alumnus. He was a life member of the MIT Corp., the institution’s board of directors. His donations exceeded $100 million, making him, in the university’s words, “one of the most important benefactors in MIT’s modern history…. At any given moment around MIT, beneficiaries of Koch’s gifts included faculty with endowed professorships, students with fellowships he supported — and toddlers in the childcare center he helped found.”

However, even though MIT has played an important role in researching climate change and disseminating the truth about it, there was no mention at all of Koch’s anti-scientific and destructive role in that area. That silence struck Los Angeles Times columnist Michael Hiltzik as, well, more than a bit problematic..."

Except for the weather, it sucks that I live in Az. Nobody here to share the excitement, and the only (1 other) one around with solar and nobody I know owns a Tesla... lonely.
I'd love to upgrade to an M3P. Our LR 2WD is not enough (need to slide), but it's also nostalgic with the orange glass roof and cool history.

EV Registration By State: Tesla Model 3 Brings New Records Across The Board

Take heart. From the above data 10 months ago, AZ was in the top 10 states for EV adoption (ok it was #10, but still), and it could be gaining based on:

1. AZ had third highest residential solar capacity in the nation as of o 2019Q1. 6 predictions for the future of solar in Arizona | AZ Big Media
    • My subdivision in a small central-northern AZ area has 100% roof solar, was built out from scratch that way starting in 2008. Most are modest power levels, but I doubled my system size including the inverter when I purchased a Tesla, and am delighted that generates enough power for 100% of the house and car (caveat: this is on average, with the credits from APS for what I feed back into the grid; to be really self-sufficient I would need a few PowerWall units, which I might consider)
    • 15 months ago, I knew of one other local Tesla owner, and my Tesla was the first that most of my friends had seen. Now pretty much all of them know someone else who has a Tesla, and I hear very positive feedback. BTW one guy in our subdivision wanted an “anything but Tesla” EV, then after much discussion with me, placed an order for a Y.
  2. Expansion of TSLA service and delivery centers in Phx since I purchased my car.
  3. Expansion of SC network in AZ during that same 15 months, and not just Phx and not just interstate routes. There is now and SC in Payson, and one in Grand Canyon Village.
  4. Regular and good quality mobile service in northern AZ that looks likely to ramp up further.
Cheers.

Well, if we don't wind up seeing a real short squeeze I guess I'll have to console myself with waiting until 2025 to hit Ark's 6k price target.
I think with S&P500, we'll see a bit of additional buying, also some quitters like trowe and vanguard...assuming what we saw was Blackrock? The float should really go down after this...I would not want to be one of shorts holding 20-25m shares when the remaining float that is not in the hands of long term holders is a comparable number.

Two reasons:
  1. ...
  2. Institutions frontrunning the inclusion to get a better price. (I am basing this latter on reports I've read from respected posters in this very forum.)
I'm wondering how it's even possible? Can you have stocks in an index fund that are not part of index yet? Where would they put them?

If Blackrock wants to boost their eco-credibility, all they need to do is recall their TSLA shares and stop lending them to short sellers. That'll leave a mark*.

Cheers!

*Blackrock is the #5 largest Institutional holder of TSLA with 5.731% of the stock.

Tesla, Inc. Common Stock (TSLA) Institutional Holdings
I don't think Blackrock owes anything to Tesla re: short sellers. Holding more TSLA is good enough for credibility, especially if they get rid of some fossil holdings.

Yes but, those shares you bought in advance, do you intend to sell them at current SP on the day of the inclusion, or after they've purchased 10% of the stock? To think people would sell an equal amount of shares at the moment of the inclusion is absurd to me. You'll wait until it rises then profit taking happens. It's not the same as buying into an ER then mitigating your risk by dumping before the results. The results are a large purchase of shares, there is no "surprise miss". Dunno, just my thoughts.
I'm factoring in the expected (for me) S&P inclusion into my purchases so I think it's likely that others are.

3. Maybe go look for the model x guy, who said it was going to be delayed. Ran out of this town, harshly. He was proven to be correct. Not saying he was banned..but there are many who have both supported and at points questioned Tesla who have disappeared, but alas there is no transparency on these issues on this board either way, for better or worse.

There is a big difference between being banned from a forum (like the thousands of outcasts from TSLAQ) and leaving voluntarily because members disagreed harshly.

"Not saying he was banned" but you are suggesting it because "there is no transparency" here. In other words, this forum is guilty of being like TSLAQ until proven innocent. I'd call that viewpoint biased.

However, if you are recommending that folks be less harsh to dissenters, I totally agree. I want to hear all facts and opinions, positive or negative... just not lies and willful ignorance. I've seen other folks here say the same.

I'm factoring in the expected (for me) S&P inclusion into my purchases so I think it's likely that others are.
Yes :confused: literally everybody here is doing that. If they're not they really ought to consider the weight of the S&P inclusion into their investment thesis. I'm trying to say it's a reason to hold until After the inclusion, bullish. It's NOT a reason to sell the day before the inclusion. You would almost certainly be leaving money on the table.

Yes :confused: literally everybody here is doing that. If they're not they really ought to consider the weight of the S&P inclusion into their investment thesis. I'm trying to say it's a reason to hold until After the inclusion, bullish. It's NOT a reason to sell the day before the inclusion. You would almost certainly be leaving money on the table.
Somewhere north of 5% is the average from what I have read.

This may not age well.
He just needs to keep reposting it until it does. :)

• Helpful
Reactions: Ameliorate
SP action like this making me reconsider this buy and hold action I thought might be better since SP was showing steady rise.
Jumping in and out had me miss a couple good run-ups, so I thought I'd try to catch them by holding a bit longer rather than setting a $10 down stop loss and jumping out as soon as a correction hit.

I cant see any news that's causing this, so I am inclined to not respond with a rage sell and assume its normal corrections from the big run up Monday, I hope