Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I can go ahead and guarantee an ATH today.

Mark B. Spiegel on Twitter

Mark B. Spiegel sez:

My theory re $TSLA is that today is "a trading sardine echo bubble," which all bubbles have. If it takes out last week's high I'll be wrong and it will be "a resumption of the bubble." I upsized at $539 with a stop at the ATH. This is not a legitimate business/company/CEO.

American options, unlike European options can be exercised at anytime prior to expiration. Brokers may discourage you but it’s your right to do so
Most of the time, they are right to discourage you. Unless the options are DITM and have little time value, or there are tax considerations, you are generally better off selling or rolling the options.

Reactions: Fact Checking
Watch out, TSLA investors
The Motley clowns are recommending TSLA

That has to be just about the most worrisome thing I have read about TSLA in a long time. I take some solace in remembering that even the most moronic cannot be wrong ALL the time.

They've been long for quite some time on Tesla, since 2011-2012 around $25-30 per share on their first recommendation. They've been bullish almost universally and have been staunch supporters of TSLA through the various ups and downs the past decade.

$1,000 March calls are still a great value. All I hear is bubble so that means it will double
Be careful. Trademark infringement.
db.jpg

Not sure the navy bases are OK with sea level rise as the parking lots can flood for instance
View attachment 502778

I've been stationed at the Navy base in Portsmouth, VA;

They've been flooding for years. Not that level, since it's too far inlet from the ocean swells, but the drainage is so bad that we routinely had a dozen or so cars die because of the waist high water from the rain.

OT:

Regarding this week's price action, I want to point to the post from @Fact Checking from a while ago showing huge open interest in calls ranging from 400 to 520 expiring in 2 days. It is very unlikely these will be taken delivery on. the speculators will take profits and the market makers will sell shares they are using as a hedge against these calls.

While this happens every week, the situation is amplified as this expiry is a leaps series and has been open for a long time. Expect the price to be a bit weak next couple of days as the market accommodates these sales. We are likely to drift towards 500. This will be behind us next week though.

In other words if you are looking to pick up some exposure for the long term, it's hard to get a better opportunity, all else being equal. That said the run Monday and Tuesday was phenomenal and I was expecting a much worse week last week. The Chinese subsidy extension and the upgrade helped quite a bit in absorbing the supply from near-ITM calls.

Alright, that was not OT.
This call from last Wednesday is looking too good to be true! Luckily I put some (more) money where my mouth was.

They've been long for quite some time on Tesla, since 2011-2012 around $25-30 per share on their first recommendation. They've been bullish almost universally and have been staunch supporters of TSLA through the various ups and downs the past decade.
Depends on the "fool". John Rosevear has written a bunch of FUD over the years and has been pretty negative on Twitter. He may even use the TSLAQ block list.

Just in case you are interested to understand better whats going with the CEO of VW Group Herbert Diess.

That tweet created a lot of attention. His speech shows that at least Diess has understood what is required although I ask myself why he makes it in a way that its public. IOWs I believe he tries to create additional pressure on Management to change which indicated change is not happening.

Also look at his statement about market capitalization of VW versus Tesla

Alex on Twitter

Attachments

• Diess Quotes.png
    Diess Quotes.png
    275.2 KB · Views: 72
Just sayin, he sold his entire position friday around 507. Cost A lot more to buy this am. Hope he does well though. Trying to time the market is hard.

Why on earth would someone close their position so close to earnings call that's bound to be positive? Was there some need, like a home purchase, medical?