Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Question:
I wonder how much of the share price rise today was a result of 4 EV ads during Super Bowl thereby adding more validation to the market?
I know of three, Hummer, Porsche, and Audi. I'd assume the 4th was Ford but we all know what happens when we assume so I will leave that out of my response. For the other three:

Hummer: Doesn't exist yet and people speculating inadequate battery supply
Porsche: Less than expected range and higher than expected price, everything else looks good
Audi: We've seen the sales numbers on this one and it is not good at all

Not to mention, nobody has the supercharger network like Tesla does.

I think instead of adding more validation to the market it actually added more validation that Tesla is at least 8 years ahead of anyone else (still no car on the road that can match the range of the 2012 Model S)

Saw that TSLA is more than CAD 1,000 today.

I bought a couple of shares three year back. I am too conservative or too scared to go all in.

As of today TSLA overtook APPL as my largest holding. That is quite an achievement as I hold 2.5 times as much APPL stock and APPL did not do too bad last year either. People who made a whole annual salary today, amazing! To be honest, I am probably just as happy as you guys with my gains. It is just fun to see that things that you foresaw to happen actually starts to pan out. Whether you position is 10, 50,100, or even 5,000 shares it really doesn't matter.

I also wonder if it is possible that Jim Chanos get a margin call too.

Funding secured.

E66981C1-72C2-4F58-B3B3-D65AF302F453.jpeg

As of today TSLA overtook APPL as my largest holding. That is quite an achievement as I hold 2.5 times as much APPL stock and APPL did not do too bad last year either. People who made a whole annual salary today, amazing! To be honest, I am probably just as happy as you guys with my gains. It is just fun to see that things that you foresaw to happen actually starts to pan out. Whether you position is 10, 50,100, or even 5,000 shares it really doesn't matter.
I've made more than my annual salary but I was never all that highly paid (compared to other TMC members). I did put in 1/3 of my IRA into Tesla earlier this year. I should have followed my heart and put it all in.