Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Roumours of a new Giga Texas has hit the news media.

Elon Musk asked Twitter users whether Tesla Inc. should build a new factory in Texas, as the electric-car maker accelerates a global push to tap rising demand for its vehicles.

The chief executive officer simply asked “Giga Texas?” and invited his 31 million followers to vote “Hell yeah” or “Nope.” As of just after midnight San Francisco time Wednesday, more than 125,000 people had voted, with about 80% responding yes.​

Bloomberg Source: Bloomberg - Are you a robot?

How far is it from Austin, TX to Mordor?

Clearly, the hot stainless steel for the Tesla/SpaceX foundry will come from the heart of Mt. Doom.

365af6074e9f10df7c1bbf865d2098e4.png

Frodo builds Cybertruck in the midst of the Orc horde. Bold move, young Baggins!

Lord Elrond approves.

Cheers!

Here it comes. On SA, (Don’t want to link there) from author who never wrote on TSLA before. :eek:

“5 Reasons Tesla Shorts Should Double Up, Not Give Up”

I think we are in for a barrage of these over next few days. There will inevitably be some profit taking here, and I actually do think that shorts will be reloading here. Won’t be surprised to see short interest increase by end of the week.

How low will it go this week is the question...
More power to them. They double up and it's more money for the longs down the road a bit. They're fighting a losing battle. They know it.. we know it. Just a matter of time because all the news moving forward is positive.

Dan

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
Here it comes. On SA, (Don’t want to link there) from author who never wrote on TSLA before. :eek:

“5 Reasons Tesla Shorts Should Double Up, Not Give Up”

I think we are in for a barrage of these over next few days. There will inevitably be some profit taking here, and I actually do think that shorts will be reloading here. Won’t be surprised to see short interest increase by end of the week.

How low will it go this week is the question...

We can't be the only ones who recognize this is the exact same thing happening as happened on the "unintended acceleration" FUD day.

I feel like there have to be more smart people, who'll see through this, ignore the FUD, and buy this dip.

I actually don't think it'd be crazy for the TSLA rally to taper off, or for us to even see a small natural dip, but this looks unnatural and very much orchestrated to me.

Correct, someone is selling in large volumes (compared to available liquidity) on Frankfurt Xetra to keep the TSLA price down - this could be in coordination with the Nasdaq open in about 8 minutes for a bear attack.

Only file a SEC complaint if you agree with the contents, of course! :D

Nearly had a heart attack watching that massive drop yesterday!

@Fact Checking your contributions to the forum are, along with so many others, so incredibly insightful and helpful. They have helped make many on this forum a lot of money!

Please accept this generous gift as a token of appreciation! :)

82235701-6D9C-42C3-BC0A-2207B8FA195E.jpeg

Attachments

• 104D3881-71A9-4877-A71B-C0587DD6BF48.jpeg
    104D3881-71A9-4877-A71B-C0587DD6BF48.jpeg
    562.1 KB · Views: 79
Was yesterday’s drop not more than 10%? Shouldn’t the uptick rule be implemented??
The uptick rule comes into play if the price drops 10% from the previous trading day's close.

Which, well, it didn't do that.

There's also a circuit breaker mechanism - if the price ends up outside of a certain percentage range of the previous 5 minutes' average price for over 15 seconds, a 5 minute pause is imposed. For TSLA, that's 10% up or down in the first and last 15 minutes of market hours, 5% up or down in the rest of market hours.

Tell them you sold it all, psyed half in tax and have shorted through the rise. You've lost it all.

Some will be skeptical, but they got no proof.

This is a fantastic response. Sold all & went short at 420.69. Got three margin calls in January and was force to run for the hills yesterday. Consolation beers on Friday, first drinks are on me. What's another $100 at this point :D

A lot of things seem to be aligning:

- Battery Day is coming up and those 2T of batteries are not going to be built in Nevada (lack of workforce, housing). Texas probably has plenty of those (any locals want to chime in about possibie locations?).

As for workforce, housing, available land... all could be easily provided by DFW, Houston, San Antonio or Austin.

If solar energy is a major consideration, Houston probably comes in last, all others relatively equal. All have access to plentiful wind-generated energy.

Houston has the Port, but is more susceptible to hurricanes and tropical storms.

All are multi-cultural and quite liberal politically. Austin is regarded as the hippest (e.g., music, SXSW) which seems important to Musk given his comments about Berlin. And of course, it’s the capital so might have higher political leverage. That's my bet if any of this turns out to be true.

Last edited:
My bet is Giga and/or Design Center near Austin. But I would think something like that would be contingent on Texas changing auto dealership laws. I’ve heard no rumors of that, either.

It’s actually pretty funny. What are Texans going to do when the CyberTruck is built in Texas but they can’t purchase in Texas. Dealers laws keeping Tesla out won’t last for long. All it takes is a tweet.

Last edited:
There was no news to justify a +50% in a couple day to begin with. A lot of people are just FOMOing as the price goes vertical at never seen level of overextension.
As soon as the buying pressure starts to abate and the price begin to slide a lot of chaser will want to get out as soon as possible and the selling orders will pile up. Technical traders will enter a quite obvious topping setup. Some long term holder will exit making massive profits. Given the run without consolidation or digestion there is no support below. That said, plenty of people will want to buy the first minor dip, but eventually it should trade again and test support levels in the $500s or the ER gap at ~ $615.
Yesterday massive doji candle with enormous volume was the first real warning sign of exhaustion.
A pullback from these levels is just healthy and doesn't mean much for long term holders. It will provide some buying opportunities at lower prices.
Today should be another wild day, looking forward to the open. :)

You may be right. Or not. You called the end of the rally last Thursday too. We were at 630 then...

It’s actually pretty funny. What are Texans going to do when the CyberTruck is built in Texas but they can’t purchase in Texas. Dealers laws keeping Tesla out won’t last for long. All it takes is a tweet.
It really will depend on how much the dealers are willing to fund the politicians. Right now the supply of money from dealers is pretty much unlimited--and remember, they fund both sides so it doesn't matter what party is in control.

• Informative
Reactions: humbaba
Went up to 877 premarket and back down to 858.

we’re either gonna go flat rest of week and then resume rally Monday or 3:50 yesterday was the blow out top

Usually a blow out top needs frantic buying and a fast, big move. The steady rise during most of the trading day, up to 3:50, does not really qualify.

Does Texas deserve a Giga, if they do not allow vehicle sales/service centers?
+Or does this signal of things to come with TX following Michigan
Texas has service centers and showrooms, just no direct sales and no state EV credit for Tesla. $2500 for everyone else (it’s a grant and there are about 10 pages to fill out).