Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The sharp move to a record TSLA closing price yesterday should have triggered margin calls to short-sellers. If not complied with quickly, they are typically enforced two to five days later. That's usually done during the early hours of regular trading. We might see that beginning tomorrow morning and into next week. :eek:
Tomorrow morning? but...but... MMs? I'm worried for them.

Btw, have CT reservation rumors came up here before?
Tesla Cybertruck pre-orders top 535K, unofficial tally says

sc.TSLA.10-DayChart.2020-02-20.15-38.png

Complaint against Giga Berlin dismissed.

@GF4Tesla..️️.build #GigaBerlin. on Twitter

Oh, and the two complainants have to pay court costs. :rolleyes:

Another subtext is the no-nonsense dismissal by two instances of the court system (district court and appellate court) - this bodes well should other nuisance lawsuits be filed.

This is the best possible outcome for Tesla: no restrictions put on them, they can continue building the Gigafactory Berlin! :D

Anyone paid attention to this Elon tweet?
63F81BC7-A0CB-4021-925C-D081C1129786.jpeg

In case you didn’t get it(which I expected everyone here would), it’s from here:
And a clear reference to CyberTruck because the CyberOwl on CT ordering confirmation page.
EBB62005-055D-441F-AD9D-124D169BCA79.jpeg

My interpretation, people say CT would be expensive to make, but CT just casually fly by and disagrees.

I got the feeling they started Cost Engineering of the truck or the factory that makes the truck, and Elon likes what he sees. This is posted as humble-brag and mocking dis-believers.

Your thoughts?

Last edited:
News about #GigaBerlin on Twitter

Tesla can continue with GF4! That decision is final according to the court´s press release

Deforestation work for the Tesla site in Grünheide may continue - 7/20

02/20/2020
By decision of the evening, the Higher Administrative Court of Berlin-Brandenburg rejected the urgent requests of the Green League Brandenburg e.V. and the Association for Landscape Management and Species Protection in Bavaria e.V. The 11th Senate stated on the grounds that the legal requirements for the early start of the construction of the plant were rightly affirmed.

The 11th Senate stated on the grounds that the legal requirements for the early start of the construction of the plant were rightly affirmed. With the contested decision, the authority allowed the construction work to be started before the permit was granted. Initially, these are only clearing measures from a total of 91 hectares of forest. In addition, the authority did not have to wait for the objection period within the scope of the public participation because it had the necessary knowledge to be able to assess the prospectiveness of the project.

The decision is final.

Decision of February 20, 2020 - OVG 11 S 8.20 -

Rodungsarbeiten für das Tesla-Gelände Grünheide dürfen fortgesetzt werden – 7/20 - Berlin.de

Rodungsarbeiten für das Tesla-Gelände Grünheide dürfen fortgesetzt werden – 7/20
Das Oberverwaltungsgericht Berlin-Brandenburg hat mit Beschluss vom heutigen Abend die Eilanträge der Grünen Liga Brandenburg e.V. und des Vereins für Landschaftspflege und Artenschutz in Bayern e.V. gegen die vorzeitige Gestattung der Waldrodung auf dem künftigen Tesla-Gelände auch in zweiter Instanz zurückgewiesen. Der 11. Senat hat zur Begründung ausgeführt, dass die gesetzlichen Voraussetzungen für den vorzeitigen Beginn der Errichtung der Anlage zu Recht bejaht worden sind.

:D

It does make sense. Tesla designed their LR variants around the best chemistry. For the Standard Range, they can manage with less efficient cells so they use those cheaper ones, saving both cost there and freeing up more of the better performing cells for the Long Range variants.

Shortly after the launch of the Model 3, Tesla could not get enough NCM 2170 cells, so they introduced the Medium Range (LeMuR), to use fewer cells per car. Seen in that light, it makes a lot of sense that Tesla has been looking for a better way to make more cars with their still limited supply of 2170 NCM cells.

No it does not. I still remember vividly how the module and pack production caused major problem in Model 3 production hell and part of the reason why chartered several airplane to ship the equipment from Germany to Nevada.

removing cells does not affect the design of the pack much. But this is totally different

Tomorrow morning? but...but... MMs? I'm worried for them.

Btw, have CT reservation rumors came up here before?
Tesla Cybertruck pre-orders top 535K, unofficial tally says
I think that's in a believable ballpark. Conversion is going to the be question.

For example, I just ordered 2 dual motors. If Robotaxi is imminent by then I'll have locked in the cheap FSD price of 7k and have two vehicles to use on the platform (or to resell perhaps). If RT is not likely/imminent then I'll hold the reservations or cancel. Either way I'll be taking delivery of the tri-motor for myself though. Tesla has so many irons in the fire it's kind of scary. The interesting thing is that many of said irons will provide a major feedback loop that will increase the odds of the others succeeding.

Battery day unveils 1 million mile batteries? -> potential Robotoaxi network becomes more profitable and auto demand increases
Stock keeps going up? -> more customers due to halo effect/free advertising, especially shareholders with cash to burn
Robotaxi network looks promising? -> FSD price goes up, increasing margins (and auto demand increases)
Battery day unveils realistic plan to get to X terawatts -> Tesla can pump out battery storage and Semis
Solar roof production ramps fast? -> More demand for battery storage

Examples abound.

Last edited: