Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Thirdrowtesla Twitter is reporting small tidbit of interesting info from Tesla China about battery day. Cobalt free, not only for LFP.

Third Row Podcast on Twitter
Aha! I was skeptical about this LFP thing from the very beginning. Probably I was right all along. The Tesla I know won't settle for inferior tech like LFP and drag all that dead weight around.

• Disagree
Reactions: Jovian and lklundin
Aha! I was skeptical about this LFP thing from the very beginning. Probably I was right all along. The Tesla I know won't settle for inferior tech like LFP and drag all that dead weight around.

Was this ever in question? I'm amazed that there were people out there thinking, "Tesla is switching to LFP as the future of their batteries." I mean, what's next, lead-acid? ;)

Tesla is gobbling up as many MIC cells as it can for GF3, because GF3 is going to need them in huge quantities, long before Tesla can scale its own internal production. Beggars can't be choosers.

If any of you are time travelers from the future when Elon's TimeX company has perfected time travel, would you mind letting us know how Q1 deliveries went? No need to throw off the time space continuum with exact numbers. If they were good just don't reply to this and I'll take that as my sign.

FYI, Hotwheels is releasing a $400 RC Cybertruck. Just another example of how the Tesla brand has become such a juggernaut. I'm curious to see how much the brand value has increased over the last couple years. I'm only able to find 2018 data which shows a big jump up to 9.4 billion dollars. Toyota's brand was worth 30 billion in 2018, so let's say that Tesla's brand is worth 15 billion now. That means that the brand alone that's worth $81 bucks a share. Not too shabby for a company that had $10 price targets last year.

It is such a time saver. Now i have to unlock, launch an app, go to my watchlist and wake up, instead of that beautiful ticker.
WANT!

Edit: Looks like a LaMetric Time Wi-Fi Clock for Smart Home
Screen Shot 2020-02-21 at 11.10.55 AM.png

Was this ever in question? I'm amazed that there were people out there thinking, "Tesla is switching to LFP as the future of their batteries." I mean, what's next, lead-acid? ;)

Tesla is gobbling up as many MIC cells as it can for GF3, because GF3 is going to need them in huge quantities, long before Tesla can scale its own internal production. Beggars can't be choosers.
Yes of course. Some argued with me even claiming this would be on the long range model 3!

Thirdrowtesla Twitter is reporting small tidbit of interesting info from Tesla China confirming assumptions about battery day. Cobalt free, not only for LFP.

Third Row Podcast on Twitter
was it bogus information and they deleted? Link doesn't go to any tweet.

I would be skeptical of their forward looking statements anyways.... social media influencers...

Tesla isn't BYD, and neither is CATL.
and there is a very good reason for that! The reason is relentless seeking for better, not settling for easy!

Others like BMW or BYD settle for easy like prisma cells because they are easier to form a pack, or use LFP so that they won't have to worry so much about thermal management or physical protection. Tesla overcome those problems with their kick ass battery management system. I see very little reason they want to go back.

Reactions: jerry33