Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla already issued such guidance.
I thought they only acknowledged it as a Risk Factor with it being unknown whether it would or would not impact. I'm still unclear how much it impacts Q1, but i feel impact could potentially be more in Q2 and beyond as these macro issues flare up.

Beginning in late 2019, the media has reported a public health epidemic originating in China, prompting precautionary government-imposed closures of certain travel and business. Gigafactory Shanghai was closed for a brief time as a result, before it reopened in February 2020 and rejoined our U.S. factories, which had continued to operate. It is unknown whether and how global supply chains, particularly for automotive parts, may be affected if such an epidemic persists for an extended period of time. We may incur expenses or delays relating to such events outside of our control, which could have a material adverse impact on our business, operating results and financial condition.

Not sure how irrational the fear is. It is now likely based on latest news that the virus will spread uncontrolled within the US. This will lead to some level of city level quarantines ala China and other places. This will impact pretty much every single business, including Tesla.

I am long the stock...very long...but the idea that this is minor event that won't have near term impact is going against the current, substantial evidence.

It’s a minor event that is being blown WAY out of proportion in this age of social media and clickbait articles.

Let me just say that my earlier prediction of <500 Model Y deliveries this quarter was based on first Y delivery in the last week or two of the quarter. Seeing that some will likely be delivered before Mar 1, I'm gonna have to revise that upward....

(BTW, the market is full of morons. TSLA down as much as it is today is a joke. Buy this sale. Totally irrational.)

Must be a regional access thing because the article is viewable for me. Basically Tesla and its landlord have moved a large number of crates and loaded pallets from the Giga2 space to a warehouse space in another company’s vacant building area that is the equivalent of a football field. The machinery as I read is owned the the landlord, Empire State Development, who thought if Tesla failed in the space they could lease the space out to someone else to move in and use. Don’t get this part. Given Tesla I would think they have their own uniquely designed equipment for production. With battery day reported to be held at this location kind of interesting development as well.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: humbaba
Must be a regional access thing because the article is viewable for me. Basically Tesla and its landlord have moved pallets from the Giga2 space to essentially a storage space in another company’s building area that was now vacant and that is the equivalent of a football field. The machinery as I read is owned the the landlord who thought if Tesla failed in the space they could lease the space out to someone else to move in and use. Don’t get this part. Given Tesla I would think they have their own uniquely designed equipment for production. With battery day reported to be held at this location kind of interesting development as well.

Tesla doesn't own the property of GF2? Color me surprised.

So blindly ignore the fear that spreads through the markets and the fact that we just passed 420 this January? I remember the way from 380 to 180, it was not pleasant(I know this is a different case).

I've never sold on fears before and it hasn't hurt me! Why would I start now?

Always buy on fear (not sell).