Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Is this from that crazy guy Dan Telvock? He's tweeting about it on Twitter, something insidious about Tesla moving crates on a truck. Crates that look suspiciously like the crates that Tesla uses to ship Supercharger hardware in. Supercharger hardware being something that's built at Buffalo.

Alter of ViggoPuppy on Twitter

Don’t believe so.

ADA4B969-91DD-4670-A91C-F1CA7C466CCF.png

@KarenRei Noticed that the news story has a video of the coverage that aired. Basically my take watching it is 2 On Your Side was looking into all this State money that was spent for this factory that the State built and stocked with pallets of equipment that apparently has never been used by Tesla. Kind of have to agree with questioning use of tax dollars to equip a factory building with equipment that apparently wasn’t even needed by the tenant, Tesla, and became more of a storage issue for them. May have been the State’s way of making it look like Tesla was fully ready to make use of the space when they weren’t yet and needed to make it look like stuff was ready to happen there before it was. Must have really wanted Tesla as a tenant.

Now these crates and pallets are in storage at some dilapidated vacant building near the airport.

Last edited:
  • Informative
Reactions: humbaba
Just to explain a bit on my buying pattern today. I've had the 3 buying price targets ($740, $720 and $700) mapped out in my mind for the past 2 weeks and I've already made up my mind that when those prices hit, I'm buying. The fundamentals of the company has not changed, so why should our investment thesis change?
I'm a long term investor, if I felt that the value is good at my buy and hold price points then you have to have the conviction to make the trade, regardless of if the market is going to go lower. Of course, everybody's risk profile is going to be different, do what is comfortable for yourself and your family, there is no single right or wrong way to invest.

As some of you may remember, I sold my first ever shares for $840 the other day. I bought them back just now, I couldn't help myself as this drop is not TSLA-specific and in my mind not very rational either. I've also got a bit of cash left over from this trade, half tempted to buy a few extra shares but I'll just take that as a little token instead.

By definition, if it's "spreading uncontrolled", you're not quarantining areas.

Right now, the goal is to keep it from spreading uncontrolled, via quarantines. If this fails, then quarantines will be pointless, and this year will have a seasonal flu that's about 10x worse than the "average" seasonal flu (flu severity varies from season to season). Assuming that said breakout occurs before effective treatments are approved (a preexisting drug goes into human trials in a couple weeks), before vaccines are approved (the first one goes into human trials in April, results expected by July/August), artificial evolutionary pressures toward less dramatic presentations (severe causes get detected, mild cases go under the radar), and without hindrance from increasingly bright/warm weather in the northern hemisphere.

And then life will go on.

C'mon Karen. I said it is repading uncontrolled (i.e. we currently have no city level quarantine) and this will lead to quarantines. Mincing words is a waste of time.

And yea, of course everything will return to normal. Anyone and everyone knows this. That's not the point of my post or others here trying to bring some common sense to the board on this topic which are discussing the near term impact of this on the markets and Tesla.

And for those who disagreed with me we will see who was right in next 3-4 months. Honestly, I would love to be wrong and will mea culpa. But based on the experts (READ: not you or me) the transmission rate of this virus is very high versus the flu and people often have it but don't know it...so I think its likely spreading right now inside US and I would not be surprised to learn that many had it and no one tested them because we are in midst of flu season.

Doesn't say before Mar. 1 for sure, but at least in my experience "Prepare for Delivery" usually has been the final imminent steps...within days. His delivery location, registration information, and payment method checkmarks are all checked. And he's located in Cali. Anyone else have more info on how close to actual delivery "Prepare for Delivery" typically is?
I have a friend who is an early reservation holder for Model Y. I believe he said his total package was in the low $60's, including 7 seats. He got a call yesterday and was told that, if he took delivery of a car without 7 seats, he could get the car in March. He declined, and was told he would have to wait until 2021. Anyone??