Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Nope, engines are motors too:

The Oxford English Dictionary defines “motor” as a machine that supplies motive power for a vehicle or other device with moving parts.​

So an engine is a combustion motor.

Quite clever for them to have picked the "General Motors" future-proof name a 112 years ago.

"General Engines" just doesn't roll off the tongue quite as well....

• Funny
Reactions: wipster
You have to assume Tesla is able to buy $100/day Uber codes at perhaps $25-$40. Uber knows they are time-sensitive (each code can be used on only one day and will be forfeited if not used within the valid period). It could also be that Tesla only pays for the utilized fares (and at a discount at that). The $100 cap is there to keep it from being abused.
Yes, as I said, if I had used all the coupons, it would be expensive.

Why not let people take rental cars. Would be cheaper.

I'd say this is a reaction to Biden doing much better than Sanders in Super Tuesday - the possibility of a Sanders presidency was freaking out Wall Street.

I thought this was a little to vague when I read it last night. With TSLA and many other green energy stocks down today while the DOW is up, perhaps this comment could have been more correctly stated to say that "a Sanders presidency was freaking out anyone more interested in preserving the existing Paradigm for the benefit of their personal portfolios than in creating a more sustainable Planet with a Green New Deal"

Your description of Steel making and hardening/tempering is oversimplified and misleading. The field is rich with subtlety and varies by alloy ingredients. For a better description try What is Heat Treatment? Hardening, Tempering, Annealing, Normalizing, Carburization, Surface Hardening

Basically steel of about 1% carbon can be hardened which will result in brittleness this can be made tougher by tempering. If you are interested, read the link.
Oh for ****'s sake people. I'm not teaching a class on metallurgy. It was a casual joke.

I must constantly be drinking 3 glasses of whine...
YEAH F CORONA...and the fools making it an issue by distorting reality.

Naah wine doesn't help, look at Italy. We need 60%-70% TeslaQuila to be released ASAP, this thing kills Corona. Wonder if Elon already testing it on infected in Shanghai and Cali. And rename it to CoronaKilla.

Oh for ****'s sake people. I'm not teaching a class on metallurgy. It was a casual joke.

Well then, get with the program! How are we going to be able to appraise the expected safety ratings of the Model Y if we don't understand the difference between tensile strength, yield strength and annealing/quench hardening? And how can we make suggestions to Tesla on how to improve the mechanical properties of their cars? /s

I think you are likely right as to timing for putting Y in showrooms. However, now that we have seen more clearly the MY is noticeably higher and larger inside than M3, I think we may see a bigger (% wise) osborning of MX than of M3. I'm more confident of the former than the latter. There will still be customers whose needs and desire for a large, luxury SUV justify the higher price of MX. But I'm guessing there will be plenty of customers who seeing MY and MX side to side will decide that a much cheaper but somewhat smaller UV makes sense for their needs and pocketbook. It will be interesting to see how as MY ramps up to meet the CUV demand how much that reduces M3 demand. If demand for M3 with Y available still exceeds production then there's little or no osborning effect.
If you can't lay down in it while camping, it's too short.

GM making their big unveil of electric plans later today .... in all seriousness this will only HELP Tesla sell cars as the public is completely clueless about what electric cars can do these days. To think we would have a future with Tesla having 100% or even 75% of the market is not realistic, but having a decent share of a even bigger market, thanks to companies like GM who will educate the public and promote EV, is what most people predict for Tesla. Even ARK has Tesla's marketshare somewhere around 20% ....

I'm very curious to see what they have to say today ... there will NOT be a "Tesla Killer" ..... but this promotion of EV's is a good thing. Remember ... A rising tide lifts all boats !

Cheers to the longs ...

News flash - google charges the exact same rate (30%) as Apple. Only one of them also uses your personal data to monetize ads targeted at you, and it’s not the one named after a fruit.

Given google owns waymo, it also wouldn’t surprise me if they had a special data collection program for those android owners who have the Tesla app installed.
Probably hah. But I can easily side load an app with Google, not sure how that works with apple. I think they are both crazy charging so much...