Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This poor Nikola CEO on CNBC is describing the “Building Tesla for idiots guide” they managed to do the whole talk without mentioning Tesla having already done it.
Hydrogen, the dumbest fuel. Costly to make, high carbon footprint, expensive stations and the size of the stations must be huge to supply trucks in any volume.

We got the below email to our Tesla app inbox last night and I gotta say, I would actually take my car in for a rear bumper replacement if it can really be done that quickly. My supremely intelligent, beautiful beyond words, soulmate wife of mine MAY have scuffed our rear bumper a few years ago at a camp ground. It’s not bad enough for either of us to care tremendously, but the rest of the car is basically flawless, so it does stick out when the rest of the car is clean.

Just curious. What does Tesla charge for a replacement rear bumper?

Now that the competition has shown their cards, analysts are starting to wake up to the fact that Tesla is doing some pretty impressive things to get the range, performance, and price numbers they are achieving.

So, you're saying it took Wall Street's best and brightest auto industry analysts 9 years to understand the most basic specifications of Tesla's cars? o_O

Maybe in 5 more years, they will discover that Tesla has an energy division?

Things are looking up on Wall Street! :rolleyes:

Some things I would like to see or answered in GM's presentation
1 battery source or factory
2 evidence that these will not be merely compliance cars including geographic distribution, price and volume production
3 price and specs that will compete with ICE versions from both GM and others.
4 price and specs that may attract EV buyers even if not equal to Tesla
5 OTA integrated system
6 address dealer issues maybe like Saturn
7 long distance charging
I'm not holding my breath however.
8. ZR1/Z06 is plugin hybrid supercar, not superchaged, 50 mi of EV range.

• Funny
Reactions: TNEVol
Hydrogen, the dumbest fuel. Costly to make, high carbon footprint, expensive stations and the size of the stations must be huge to supply trucks in any volume.
They kept saying they are the first “true” zero emission company. Then said they can’t do everything in house like Tesla because they don’t have 10’s of 100’s of billions you throw at it like Tesla. So if history repeats itself this company will deal with supply chain issues that torment them forever.

Perhaps - even though Uber is ICE. They could make the rental optional.

People with kids can't really use Uber.

Anyway, back on topic, upgrading HW3 won't be that cheap. We have to account for 2 days of Uber, the HW itself and labor. Also, its clear Tesla won't be recognizing FSD revenue in Q1.
When I got the FSD Computer (HW3) 2 weeks ago, it took 4 days because they had to order a part (battery fastener) for an unrelated issue. They gave me a loaner Model X when I dropped my Model 3 off.

Reactions: adiggs and wipster
Except both of those are wrong! The uptick rule come from the law:
17 CFR § 242.201 - Circuit breaker.

which specifically says that short selling must be done by entering a sell order above the national best bid. i.e. a limit sell on the ask which does not cross the market. It can be lower than the best national ask and certainly lower than the last sale price so long as it is higher than the best national bid at the time the order is placed.
So, putting my software testing cap on: it is possible to construct a tick-tock ladder down, coordinating a short seller(SS) and not a non-short seller (NSS).
SS: 650
NSS: 645.
SS: I see a low bid and going to sell at 645.01
NSS: 640
SS: 640.01

The question is how fast can it "see" a NSS price? In a coordinated system - even before the order is placed.
It looks like an exploit of a timing issue.
Since computers are fast, i am sure HFT guys would be able to whip up a down ladder like this even with an uptick rule in effect.

Giga Berlin is continuing, today first parts of what I believe will be a cable excavator arrived:
Tobias Lindh on Twitter

seilbaggergf4.jpg

Could look something like this when complete:
HS 8040.1

liebherr-HS-8040-1-duty-cycle-crawler-crane-seilbagger-rendering-dragline.jpg

Never understood why they dropped silver - it's the single most popular colour in Belgium and likely other EU countries. My P85 looked stunning in silver...

When I look at some of the nice colours I see on EU manufacturers, I always feel a bit sad that Tesla's are so incredibly boring. Renault are one of the best for paint - the cars are shite, bit the colours they have are really vibrant.
Love my Silver Model S :D

When I got the FSD Computer (HW3) 2 weeks ago, it took 4 days because they had to order a part (battery fastener) for an unrelated issue. They gave me a loaner Model X when I dropped my Model 3 off.
I dropped our Model 3 off at 8:30 and the HW3 upgrade was done by noon. I think the upgrade times are coming down quickly.

I dropped our Model 3 off at 8:30 and the HW3 upgrade was done by noon. I think the upgrade times are coming down quickly.
They told me the same, but mine couldn't be finished in a day because they couldn't get the firmware to update or something. The upgrades are definitely coming in at a high rate though. My local club is full of people getting upgrades now and KC is not usually early in the Tesla workflow.

• Informative
Reactions: Cherry Wine
Cmon guys, this must have been the most sarcastic thing I've ever posted in my 11 years as a member on this forum! lol. (Not to mention that I posted it when TSLA was down 0.04%!) Was Debbie Downer not a big giveaway? :p I mean, I didn't even think the /s was needed, but maybe I should be more careful in the future? hehe.
View attachment 517861

With all that online experience Todd, you really should know that people online have REALLY BIGLY sensitive feelings. Like blowing very lightly at a dandelion fluff from a distance of 12 inches. Particular and extreme care needs to be taken too at online venues were "like" and "dislike" capabilities are offered (see a place called Facebook for superb examples). :D:D

With all that online experience Todd, you really should know that people online have REALLY BIGLY sensitive feelings. Like blowing very lightly at a dandelion fluff from a distance of 12 inches. Particular and extreme care needs to be taken too at online venues were "like" and "dislike" capabilities are offered (see a place called Facebook for superb examples). :D:D
I downvoted you just to prove your point..and I hope many other sensible fun-loving people downvote that post too.

Mod: Playing games with downvoting has been a forum-wide problem in the past. DO NOT DO THIS. In particular you are flirting with being banned again. --ggr

Last edited by a moderator: