Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
What are those tires?

Dammit, love my P3D, but this is enticing :D

They're the new 21" UberTurbine wheels on the Performance Model Y. I agree, they're beautiful:

upload_2020-3-13_13-25-45.png

I have to say, not a bad performance by all involved (except for the Pence suck-a-thon). Message was testing, testing, testing.
Walmart and Target are on the hook for making space for drive-through tests.
Walgreens and CVS for in-store tests.
Several companies for at-home and elderly facilities testing.
Google for website testing instructions.
Roche et. al. for producing the test kits.
Quest, et, al., for the diagnoses.

edit: forgot the downside- fill up the Strategic Petroleum Reserve from US producers

Last edited:
The public meeting where concerns over GF Berlin will be discussed has been postponed to an unspecified later date due to corona. Press release says that the permitting process will go ahead anyway, so if the delay is not too long there will be no time lost for Tesla; however, it is my understanding that the meeting is a prerequisite for the final building permit. So this could delay things if the crisis takes too long, and I am afraid it will not be over by Easter :(.

Erörterungstermin in Erkner zur Tesla-Fabrik verschoben | MLUK

Just got back to TMC this evening, and this was my first question: what's up with Tesla's terrible performance today? I don't get it. And it's not broader auto sector, either.

Most of the stocks in the solar sector were either down or barely up so maybe oil has something to do with it. I imagine some of the institutions got a nice opportunity to add to their core holdings.

I have to say, not a bad performance by all involved (except for the Pence suck-a-thon). Message was testing, testing, testing.
Walmart and Target are on the hook for making space for drive-through tests.
Walgreens and CVS for in-store tests.
Several companies for at-home and elderly facilities testing.
Google for website testing instructions.
Roche et. al. for producing the test kits.
Quest, et, al., for the diagnoses.

Similar impression here. I am quite surprised at how many people are participating and that there is at least some evidence of teamwork.

I wonder how much of this is Pence’s doing.

Let's see what happens over the weekend. I just bought some SPY puts.
Tread carefully, there has been so much volatility lately that everyone is expecting down action.. thus I think we trend slowly up for a week or so before potential drop precipitates again. Depends how woke Trump deals w COVID-19..

I had fun trading puts last couple wks, but will slowly transition out of calls next wk and back to short term long accumulation and maybe trading. Maybe slowly accumulate put hedges that are June dated as well.... SPY 225-250 is what I’m thinking

• Informative
Reactions: pz1975
Yes. Kathy Wood and all of us who have been shareholders at the time are part of it and are represented by the lead plaintiff. In case there the lead plaintiff wins some deal we will be offered to exclude ourselves from the result.
This is the perversion of shareholder class action suits. They tend to be harmful to the shareholders whom it supposedly represent although sometimes when it is against office holders the action can be good. Not this time.

Yes someone I suppose can quibble over an article stating "shareholders" or "some shareholders" but in a class action case it includes all shareholders whether you want to be part of the class or not. Some time ago we were sent a check for a class action award I think on our Model S and last night just received a secondary check on it much to our surprise. I recall we and others here on TMC debated what to do about the first check because we did not want to be part of the class. Not cashing the check wouldn't send money back to Tesla but instead would be distributed to others in the class which I'm guessing was the reason for the secondary check we received. Sadly the Plaintiff's attorney/s made out on the lawsuit. As a shareholder supportive of Tesla and it's mission and not in agreement with the lawsuit to begin with, I know it feels wrong. So what we did was to reinvest the money in Tesla, not by putting the funds towards buying more shares but by ordering our Tesla Solar and Powerwall system from Tesla. Solar in the works now with PW to be scheduled by Tesla in the fall. We wanted to keep employees working and help the company growing forward.

I find Elon to be a man of his convictions and believe he saw the purchase of SolarCity to be a positive move to furthering Tesla's goals and something that would pay off for Tesla in the future, not hurt investors. Given that Tesla as a company needed to focus on being profitable on it's cars first (which they now have been and the path forward looks very positive) I think his and the Boards' intention to grow Tesla Energy in 2020 and not sooner made a lot of sense. No doubt research was ongoing over the last few years toward developing solid solar products that would yield superior products in the marketplace. Those that follow Tesla more closely know that Tesla has a number of products and R&D projects in the works to grow the company. No doubt investors, the kind like I assume Baron is and who Elon called out specifically as being focused solely on one aspect (the article pointed that out), support the class action if they feel Elon/Tesla had/has no real plans for SolarCity but to bail out a company started by relatives and one Elon invested in himself. I strongly disagree with that view.

I didn't have a problem with the Yahoo/Reuters article because it was leading into the start of the trial and I would expect a rehashing of the situation prior to that for anyone new to following the case and or investing in TSLA. Do not look at it as a hit piece. Also thought sizing up the judge and commenting on courtroom testimony approach would be informative to some readers who will be following the case. As mentioned some posts up in this thread, the trial has been indefinitely postponed due to the coronavirus spread so I do expect when the court date is near to see similar articles.

(Updated post to link to article if you haven't been reading since this morning in the thread and wondering what the discussion is on).

Last edited:
Just got back to TMC this evening, and this was my first question: what's up with Tesla's terrible performance today? I don't get it. And it's not broader auto sector, either.
Seems to me there is undue market manipulation on Tesla stock that the SEC should be putting a halt to. Martha Stuart went to prison for a lot less... Just saying..:mad:

Mod: Martha Stewart is definitely too far off topic. --ggr

Last edited by a moderator:
  • Disagree
Reactions: mongo
Yes someone I suppose can quibble over an article stating "shareholders" or "some shareholders" but in a class action case it includes all shareholders whether you want to be part of the class or not.
Generally (always?) individual shareholders have a chance to opt out of a class action lawsuit, in order to preserve their own ability to seek an individual remedy. But IANAL.

Reactions: StealthP3D
No, there is no manipulation. And I have just been infused with clairvoyance on the stock market.

In my view, next week should have been the worst (and it will be certainly in Europe for the virus). But I am getting more optimistic we have touched the bottom for the short term. Also @anthonyj noted 500 was the bottom. So that's it.
Take everything I say with a dash of salt, but Tesla has never fell much more than 50% from its all time high. It could be different this time, but $500 is pretty attractive, at least for a swing trade