Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If I were in charge, I would shut down the stock markets.

I would not be in favor of shutting stock markets because all it would do is make my investments illiquid and prohibit me from increasing my position at bargain prices. Even though I don't want to sell at these low prices, it's nice to know that I could if I wanted to.

I would not be in favor of shutting stock markets because all it would do is make my investments illiquid and prohibit me from increasing my position at bargain prices. Even though I don't want to sell at these low prices, it's nice to know that I could if I wanted to.
Wish they would at least ban short selling for the short term as S.Korea did to settle the markets.

Right now we have the fear of the virus. ~ and fear, it is to the max.

We are being driven by fear backwards due to the unknown. At our backs are recession, depression and climate change (just to mention a few). As I write; I have yet to see any gut wrenching leadership ~ anywhere.

I am going down with the ship (Tesla) or rising with the Phoenix (Tesla).

The ramifications are bad either way if the market is not gotten a hold of soon. I am not market savoy ~ I have learned along a dirt road seldom if ever traveled. Kind of lonely out here:D

yah 3 days ago, there would be 10ish model 3s at each location,
2 days ago, 20ish
1 day ago, 30ish
today, 40ish

They drive up the I5 into vancouver 2 trucks at a time and i see them quite often...
deliveries are probably going to disappoint this quarter
Inventories in North America are very high. In Europe inventories are higher than last quarter but they are about the right level. Great Britain that has the best incentives for Q1 seems to be sold out.
In China there are no Model 3 new inventories at all and they will apparently start long range RWD very soon and that should increase demand even further. I suspect we can forget inclusion in S&P after Q1, but is they manage to ramp up Model Y fast and the all powerful government does not force production shut down they will not even need to reduce production.
Overall it seems that there wil be a hit from the virus, but things are in control.
The interesting question: what will happen after the idiotic virus panic is over. I do not believe that macros will have V shape recovery, but I would not exclude the possibility that Tesla will have one.

Stopping short selling would be enough.