Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! I hope you set aside cash for the capital gains! And be aware that your cost basis for tax purposes of the shares you are now holding has actually risen above your previous cost basis of $240. I only mention this because you claim a negative cost basis which of course is impossible in terms of what your actual cost basis is going forward (for tax purposes).

The large majority of my income is not taxed and until I started playing the market I was worried I'd never use the huge amount of credits I have from my solar installation. Batteries and geothermal coming next. Yes, of course there will be tax penalties but at the end of the day this was a better move than simply holding strong at $969 a little over a month ago. My initial intention was to hold for tax reasons but the writing was on the wall with COVID months ago. Thank you for all your help!

• Informative
Reactions: JRP3
You have a whole board filled with people who are getting slaughtered in the market right now and looking for ANY shred of good news about TESLA ... couple that with many here who no longer have employment .... AND we are living in fear of a virus that has the potential to kill a lot of people .....

So NO we don't find that particularly funny .....

Sheesh ..... talk about clueless.

You have a whole board filled with people who are getting slaughtered in the market right now and looking for ANY shred of good news about TESLA ... couple that with many here who no longer have employment .... AND we are living in fear of a virus that has the potential to kill a lot of people .....

So NO we don't find that particularly funny .....

Sheesh ..... talk about clueless.

Slaughtered? If you have held TSLA stock for more than a few months, your TSLA investment is green.

A worse joke is bulls ignoring all signs of impending growth issues vis-a-vis lowered demand / supply due to coronavirus recession. But can't have that discussion either!

A lower demand of what? A particular model of car or batteries?

We know there are zero demand issues with batteries. In fact the backlog for battery usage is enormous. Semi, roadster 2.0, and powerwalls are being choked. So if there's a drop in demand for the Model 3, then good..finally Tesla can pump out some high margin Semi and roadster 2.0s. We are also seeing massive growth in peaker plant demands, and mega pack demand.

Their cars are just a medium to sell batteries. The demand for their batteries are in the range of 100-500gigawatthr right now while only producing 50/year. So yeah there might be a demand issue with certain medium I guess..but does that matter as long as the revenue for batteries keep rolling in?

Taking such a close look at panel gaps might be considered missing the point. NO normal people will give 2 sh$#'s about it. I am curious what he thinks about the tech underneath and general manufacturing points ... once again just so I know how far ahead Tesla really is.

Cheers to the longs ..... hoping for some good numbers before tomorrow's open.

Stay safe.
I think we need to stop using the word panel gaps and use the word tolerances. Remember when close tolerances was the sign of a well designed car? Remember when car makers actually marketed their close "tolerances?" A $60K SUV better have closer tolerances than a $28K Honda CRV (which has close tolerances by the way).

Q1 Production & Deliveries are out:

https://ir.tesla.com/news-releases/news-release-details/tesla-q1-2020-vehicle-production-deliveries

Model S/X: Production: 18,672 Delivered: 12,251
Model 3/Y: Production: 101,328 Delivered: 87,749

I don’t know why we have to keep explaining this to you. There are people with hundreds of thousands, if not millions, on the line here.

And for you to post a link like that, when people are eagerly anticipating or in some cases dreading the numbers?

you’re an f’ing clown.

A lower demand of what? A particular model of car or batteries?

We know there are zero demand issues with batteries. In fact the backlog for battery usage is enormous. Semi, roadster 2.0, and powerwalls are being choked. So if there's a drop in demand for the Model 3, then good..finally Tesla can pump out some high margin Semi and roadster 2.0s. We are also seeing massive growth in peaker plant demands, and mega pack demand.

Their cars are just a medium to sell batteries. The demand for their batteries are in the range of 100-500gigawatthr right now while only producing 50/year. So yeah there might be a demand issue with certain medium I guess..but does that matter as long as the revenue for batteries keep rolling in?

Yeah sure they'll just whip up some Semis and Roadsters to fill in for lower ASPs coming in Q2 :rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

• Disagree
Reactions: Artful Dodger
I don’t know why we have to keep explaining this to you. There are people with hundreds of thousands, if not millions, on the line here.

And for you to post a link like that, when people are eagerly anticipating or in some cases dreading the numbers?

you’re an f’ing clown.

Actually if you are going to invest millions based on a forum post without even clicking the link, then.......