Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
This is far from panic.

There's different levels of panic ;)

Definitely some weak/unsteady investors bailing out before the P/D report today. Doesn't help that you have people like Gali spreading fear. After watching the podcast, I don't really know what he was thinking doing that except that he knew it would draw views/clicks. He openly just says he's basing his numbers off of emotion and ignores evidence that contradicts his estimate of 65k deliveries. Worse, then he talks about margins taking a big hit in Q1 with no evidence of this. In fact MIC Model 3 will help margins more this quarter since MIC has bad margins in Q4 when it was just starting the ramp. Model Y's built in higher margin will also help. Also, zero discounts and price drops in this quarter. I'm not really expecting margins to improve on Q4 but to say that they'll get cut in half with zero evidence to support that is really irresponsible for someone that presents himself as knowledgeable investor. Just a irresponsible podcast overall. Definitely sounds like the panic has set in for him

I see some big selling flurries that look more like manipulations than honest trading. The selling bursts allowed the SP to continue down when it was stuck, which then generated some protective selling from trade-oriented longs who hope to play the dip, and of course all of this is followed by delta-hedge selling by the market makers. That said, I don't think the entities pushing TSLA lower today want to see the alternative uptick rule in effect for 2 days. I'd be surprised today if we hit 10% down for this reason.

Last edited:
I see some big selling flurries that look more like manipulations than honest trading. The selling bursts allowed the SP to continue down when it was stuck, which then generated some protective selling from trade-oriented longs who hope to play the dip, and of course all of this is followed by delta-hedge selling by the market makers. That said, I don't think the entities pushing TSLA lower today want to see the alternate uptick rule in effect for 2 days. I'd be surprised today if we hit 10% down for this reason.

Pretty much at 1:30 pm eastern time, there was a significant push to drive it lower. It totally deviated from what macro's were doing at that moment. Was about a 2.5% drop in the matter of minutes.

I think he bought it used, it came with California plates, so no saying what the original owner did to the car before flipping it to Munro. They might have pulled things apart to look like so many other people have.

Of course. Which is why it's completely irresponsible of Munro to act as if it was a factory assembly error. because there is no way for him to tell which it is. Let me ask you this:

Who do you think is more likely to not know how to properly attach the cover adjacent to the frunk?

A) The guy who does it hundreds of times per day in the Tesla factory.
B) The new owner who had never done it before he had a peek underneath?

I think what's actually going on here is that he's trying to prove to the Tesla detractors that he's not a "Tesla Shill". Because he took a lot of flack from the Tesla detractors when he starting raving about the quality of the Tesla Model 3 drivetrain and defending and liking the Tesla Cybertruck. I say this because I can hear in the tone of his voice what sounds like fake concern and ginned up seriousness about what amounts to minor issues like the cover adjacent to the frunk not being properly clipped in.

Last edited:
I guess you missed the video from Munro where he states that the panels gaps are actually decent

I thought that was pretty funny too. The problem didn't show up until he took a micrometer to the panel gaps that originally looked "good" by his own "expert" judgement. :rolleyes:

Next, he will take a 50X microscope to the surface of the paint. :eek: That should really drive some traffic to his website!

Of course. Which is why it's completely irresponsible of Munro to act as if it was a factory assembly error. because there is no way for him to tell which it is. Let me ask you this:

Who do you think is more likely to not know how to properly attach the cover adjacent to the frunk?

A) The guy who does it hundreds of times per day in the Tesla factory.
B) The new owner who has never done it before he had a peek underneath?

also pretty obvious he doesn’t know how to operate the car ...
In the first video he closes the trunk by hand where is actually motorized, and in the last one he smashes the frunk where he should know this will damage both mechanism and the metal (then he goes off saying something is wrong as it doesn’t close properly... yeah you just broke it)

Ok I may have figured out how to play this quarter.

Timing the ups and downs the past several weeks [thank you all!] I finally got to my pre COVID share count today and lowered my average cost basis from $240 to -1.11.

If it goes to zero [it won't, duh] I'm still up. lol
If tomorrow Elon announces "Model Z" that defies all known physics properties and the stock shoots to $100k, I won't miss out.

Or, most likely, we see some ups and more downs for the next six months and I'll pick up my goal amount of shares when we're near the bottom.

"You can't time the market" unless you're on this forum. :)

Edit: My future play is if the numbers are strong and it shoots up, I'm selling again as I expect a continued macro dump. If the numbers are poor and it drops hard I'm obviously along for the ride.

Best,
Gene

Last edited:
I thought that was pretty funny too. The problem didn't show up until he took a micrometer to the panel gaps that originally looked "good" by his own "expert" judgement. :rolleyes:

Next, he will take a 50X microscope to the surface of the paint. :eek: That should really drive some traffic to his website!

Taking such a close look at panel gaps might be considered missing the point. NO normal people will give 2 sh$#'s about it. I am curious what he thinks about the tech underneath and general manufacturing points ... once again just so I know how far ahead Tesla really is.

Cheers to the longs ..... hoping for some good numbers before tomorrow's open.

Stay safe.

Timing the ups and downs the past several weeks [thank you all!] I finally got to my pre COVID share count today and lowered my average cost basis from $240 to -1.11.

If tomorrow Elon announces "Model Z" that defies all known physics properties and the stock shoots to $100k, I won't miss out.

Or, most likely, we see some ups and more downs for the next six months and I'll pick up my goal amount of shares when we're near the bottom.

Edit: My future play is if the numbers are strong and it shoots up, I'm selling again as I expect a continued macro dump. If the numbers are poor and it drops hard I'm obviously along for the ride.

Best,
Gene

Congrats! I hope you set aside cash for the capital gains! And be aware that your cost basis for tax purposes of the shares you are now holding has actually risen above your previous cost basis of $240. I only mention this because you claim a negative cost basis which of course is impossible in terms of what your actual cost basis is going forward (for tax purposes).

Best,
Gene
Not sure I completely follow.
Is there an i in those numbers?

On a totally different tangent, where do you get that ganjah sugar? :p

• Funny
Reactions: phantasms
also pretty obvious he doesn’t know how to operate the car ...
In the first video he closes the trunk by hand where is actually motorized, and in the last one he smashes the frunk where he should know this will damage both mechanism and the metal (then he goes off saying something is wrong as it doesn’t close properly... yeah you just broke it)
Completely Agree

he smashed the frunk and broke it
That’s no way to close the Tesla frunk
I recognized it as soon as I saw it and knew he broke it right away

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
There's different levels of panic ;)

Definitely some weak/unsteady investors bailing out before the P/D report today. Doesn't help that you have people like Gali spreading fear. After watching the podcast, I don't really know what he was thinking doing that except that he knew it would draw views/clicks. He openly just says he's basing his numbers off of emotion and ignores evidence that contradicts his estimate of 65k deliveries. Worse, then he talks about margins taking a big hit in Q1 with no evidence of this. In fact MIC Model 3 will help margins more this quarter since MIC has bad margins in Q4 when it was just starting the ramp. Model Y's built in higher margin will also help. Also, zero discounts and price drops in this quarter. I'm not really expecting margins to improve on Q4 but to say that they'll get cut in half with zero evidence to support that is really irresponsible for someone that presents himself as knowledgeable investor. Just a irresponsible podcast overall. Definitely sounds like the panic has set in for him
Gali is clearly in panic mode ... Rob M is much more pragmatic in his approach ... he is young and has not been through enough crises to have enough wisdom to not panic ... i think Q2 may be tough as he indicates but his assessment of Q1 seems off base