Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Suggestion for the admins in future... on the first day of each new calendar quarter, post a warning into the thread something like this:

JOKE POSTS ABOUT PRODUCTION & DELIVERIES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. THIS IS AN INVESTORS' THREAD AND MANY PEOPLE HAVE A LOT OF MONEY ON THE LINE. ***NO JOKES***

If people still defy this, or aren't observant enough to see it, well... meet Wrath

Fiat Chrysler, GM try discounts, online buying to juice dormant auto sales

"Fiat Chrysler Automobiles NV’s (FCHA.MI) (FCAU.N) new “Drive Forward” marketing program includes online shopping tools that will for the first time allow U.S. customers to complete the purchase of a vehicle through an FCA dealer without setting foot in a dealership, a company spokesman said."

"General Motors said its first-quarter sales fell 7% because of significant declines in March and said customers can use its existing “Shop.Click.Drive.” program to find, purchase and arrange for home delivery of a vehicle."

"The move toward online sales and home delivery breaks with a long U.S. auto sector tradition of manufacturers giving franchised dealers control of sales to consumers. Dealers have fought Tesla Inc’s (TSLA.O) efforts to sell vehicles directly to consumers through its website."

:p

Suggestion for the admins in future... on the first day of each new calendar quarter, post a warning into the thread something like this:

JOKE POSTS ABOUT PRODUCTION & DELIVERIES WILL NOT BE TOLERATED. THIS IS AN INVESTORS' THREAD AND MANY PEOPLE HAVE A LOT OF MONEY ON THE LINE. ***NO JOKES***

If people still defy this, or aren't observant enough to see it, well... meet Wrath
So we've moved from no moderation of lunatics to lunatics moderating lunatics? Progress!

Relax Marty......Elon makes production-based April Fools jokes all the time.

Edit: Just saw that moron's "joke". Ugh.....gotta know that's not funny.

Last edited:
  • Love
Reactions: gerebgraus
Noob questions.....

Do options orders fill after-hours or pre-market?

Anyone think there's a possibility of a pre-open announcement of P/D tomorrow? I want to leave some options orders open, but only up to P/D release. With this China announcement coming tomorrow I'm worried I'll wake up to P/D already released and orders executed.

Noob questions.....

Do options orders fill after-hours or pre-market?

Anyone think there's a possibility of a pre-open announcement of P/D tomorrow? I want to leave some options orders open, but only up to P/D release. With this China announcement coming tomorrow I'm worried I'll wake up to P/D already released and orders executed.
Nope, Market hours only

I think we need to stop using the word panel gaps and use the word tolerances. Remember when close tolerances was the sign of a well designed car? Remember when car makers actually marketed their close "tolerances?" A $60K SUV better have closer tolerances than a $28K Honda CRV (which has close tolerances by the way).

Panel gaps and steel ball at 1:00 :
https://www.nbc.com/saturday-night-live/video/chameleon-xle/2859849

Dear lord these mf'ers are gonna sell a LOT of Model Y's. Obviously this is hindsight.....but wouldn't it have made more sense to iterate the Model S exclusively a few times then jump directly to Model Y?

This thing is gonna sell as many as can be built for YEARS(regardless of ramp rate) and isn't even all that stylish. Wait til the German design team gives it a refresh for 2023.

I got to the point in the article where it said the author just past the title. Yup....Linette Lopez. Closed web page.
You mean Linette published a easily refuted anti-Tesla article the day before Chanos is on CNBC? Shocking!

Columbia School of Journalism......and this is what she's doing. Sad.

I was fine with banning this guy long before these posts. His Coronavirus posts alone were super annoying. Can I see a show of hands please?

I am hoping no one buys or sells based on any one specific post, but most here are trying to give our best to be informative on where we see Tesla now and in the next 5-10 years. We also rely on our fellow members, especially during these tense, surreal and uncertain times to give real information. Knowing how the last month or so has gone for a Tesla, the last thing we need is a joker looking for a quick and downright childish laugh. We all need a sense of levity every once in a while, but now is definitely not the time to joke about P/D.

Actually if you are going to invest millions based on a forum post without even clicking the link, then.......
SOO much this... People on this form getting all upset because they decided to be WSB autists and YOLO their money by dumping it into $TSLA at $900 saying can't this can't go tits up...

You definitely deserve to lose money if you are going to invest millions in $TSLA stonk, and then either buy/sell in AH based on a single person's form post, without bothing to verify the source.