Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
They'll love to delay! What they want is a Democrat government to give them the funds to transition to electric. They don’t take it serious enough to do it themselves.

I assume you mean "democratic government". The phrase "Democrat government" doesn't compute. Honestly, corporations looking for corporate welfare are more likely to get it from Republican-led majorities, particularly if that corporation in the oil/gas/auto business. At this point, I think the democrats are more likely to say "no" to the big automakers and oil companies.

If you recall, the auto-bailouts of 2008/2009 were conditioned upon the automakers accelerating their development of more efficient, more modern vehicles. Instead, they squandered the money by expanding the production of big vehicles like trucks and SUV's while stopping production of fuel-efficient passenger cars. I don't think this fact will fly over the heads of a democratically controlled congress/executive office.

Tesla will do well regardless of which party is in power but I do think the democrats are a lot more serious about addressing global warming and that democratic policies will benefit Tesla more than republican policies. Both in autos and energy.

I assume you mean "democratic government". The phrase "Democrat government" doesn't compute. Honestly, corporations looking for corporate welfare are more likely to get it from Republican-led majorities, particularly if that corporation in the oil/gas/auto business. At this point, I think the democrats are more likely to say "no" to the big automakers and oil companies. If you recall, the auto-bailouts of 2008/2009 were conditioned upon the automakers accelerating their development of more efficient, more modern vehicles. Instead, they squandered the money by expanding the production of big vehicles like trucks and SUV's while stopping production of fuel-efficient passenger cars. I don't think this fact will fly over the heads of a democratically controlled congress/executive office.

Tesla will do well regardless of which party is in power but I do think the democrats are a lot more serious about addressing global warming and that democratic policies will benefit Tesla more than republican policies. Both in autos and energy.

But for some strange reason Tesla is often ridiculed by many people supposedly “for the environment”. Makes no sense.

I have ~5% left in cash. Maybe it's time to buy ARKG even though I'm clueless about the industry itself and the companies involved.
It’s a tough field to be knowledgeable in (I’m not). And really tough to pick winners and losers (I can't). I like ARK's methodology of dynamically shifting holdings in the fund as winners and losers evolve. But gene sequencing and editing HAS to be a growing priority.

I just bought into a (very) small position in ARKG. It's up 11% this week.

...It is not the danger of Covid19 that is at issue; on a global scale there is practically none. It is the insistence of an obsessively entitled culture that demands we must have it all. We must have all that fossil fuel to drive an ever accelerating machine of consumerism. We must have an economy that expands, year by year to increase the supply of all this 'needed' excess. And we must wage 'war' on any natural influence that has the temerity to challenge our right to this unhealthy way of life....

With respect, I see nothing wrong with high energy usage if it is clean energy. I see nothing inherently wrong with material abundance, if the products are sustainably produced and recyclable.

I agree our culture is unhealthy in many ways, including consumerism indifferent to suffering. But let's not conflate sustainability with material deprivation. Tesla certainly doesn't, and such conflation seems unlikely to promote sustainability.

Good video from Gali:-

Lots of interesting charts, and a good introduction for someone who is new to TSLA.
Here, I saved you an hour of handwaving: his guest says the present value (PV) of TSLA is $1,275/share

10-yr Financials.png

Cathie Wood's weekly review.

Brandlive

Main points:
1) Traditional auto industry is in a world of hurt. Expects mergers and bankruptcies.
2) Expects Hertz (and perhaps Avis) to go bankrupt. Used car prices tanking, so they can’t sell their old fleets.
3) Tesla is taking away market share. They have a "fortress balance sheet".
4) Genomics companies are severely underpriced.

Several of ARKG's stocks popped 15-20% during a day this week. One was involved in successful COVID-19 treatments in Israel.

Stay at Home with Cathie Wood IV | ARK Invest - YouTube
11 mins ago - Uploaded by ARK Invest
While the market remains in a state of heightened volatility, ARK is here for you. Join ARK's CEO & CIO ...

It’s a tough field to be knowledgeable in (I’m not). And really tough to pick winners and losers (I can't). I like ARK's methodology of dynamically shifting holdings in the fund as winners and losers evolve. But gene sequencing and editing HAS to be a growing priority.

I just bought into a (very) small position in ARKG. It's up 11% this week.

I've been confined to the house, initially because it's hard for me to walk, but now due to age and Covid-19. My much younger wife goes out every two weeks to forage for food and Depends for me so we survive. Just added 80 more shares of ARKG with monthly savings from not eating out plus $1,000 a month I plan for a local food locker. I don't know anything about the ARKG holdings but the prospectus seems solid. Not an advice.

I keep seeing people say "the used ICE market is crashing and rental car companies are likely to go out of business" but i can't find any of these stupidly cheap used cars. My wife wants and ICE, we are currently a one car - 2019 model 3 - household. But I've wanted her to get a car for quite some time.

Part of me wants evidence of these cheap cars as an investor.

But the other part of me actually wants to buy one.

Anyone know where these cheap used cars are?

question:
So today closed at $753, not their planned $750. What is the consequence to them? If it was $755. would it be any worse to them? Thanks
I don't know why it is automatically assumed $750 was the spot when the majority of the $750 Calls had been sold off Thursday. "They" don't care as long as they are hedged and have shares ready to hand out. Anything above 750.01 and below $800 probably had them comfortable altho the closets to 750 without going under was best.. I think they planned on letting all the PUTs get crushed today. That's the hard part. Figuring out what "They" have planned. When the $750 CALLs vanished I assumed they were going to shoot for over $750 but I would not have put money on it. With the $750 CALL/PUT pretty much even I don't think they serious cared where the dial landed on that side since they had shares ready to hand out either direction.

I am also totally guessing as anyone here would be. It's just what it looked like to me following it.

I'm sure I'm more excited about this than I should be, but this doesn't sound like something you would do with a beta product?

Elon Musk on Twitter
I think Elon is referring to allowing owners of HW v2+ cars purchased before AP became a std feature to purchase it via an In-car app. If so, this is not a beta product, it is just the purchase of a software licence and activation of the feature in the car.