Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
After production, the batteries can be stored at half charge for many years. They don't self-drain, they only lose charge when installed in a car that is using up the charge slowly. But you don't want to store them fully charged in a hot climate. OT.

That makes a lot of sense. I know the car has a lot of vampire drain. If its not in the car there should be very little.

Thanks for the info.

We've really hit a fresh low here. I guess entirely appropriate for the 75th week of lockdown. You can now do one of three things here:

1) Fight over and 'disagree' on what's appropriate for this thread.
2) Brainstorm the many ways we are most certainly "all gonna f#$%@%ing die!" in the Boronavirus thread.
3) Read one of @Buckminster 's 600,000 threads.

Enjoy. Looking forward to a fresh start a couple months from now!
I don't know about you, but i got really good at ignoring and especially scrolling :)

There are 3 California counties going to defy Newsom’s shelter at home orders starting tomorrow.

They are still going to have protocols in place, so it’s not a free for all. But hair salons, gyms etc... which is directly against the current order. The pressure to reopen is increasing by the hour.

Two more California counties to defy stay-at-home order, allowing businesses to open Monday

I can truly relate their pressure as someone whose parents raised me through poverty and escaped depressive regime, then immigrate to US receiving high education.

For some, SIP no doubt saved their lives while others viewed the very same policy destroyed their life worth saving. An even more extreme views thought their freedom taken away.

All three I could personal related to: my classmates died in SARS, my parents went through poverty and we escaped dictatorship, as if their pain had been repeated again on my memory.

I sincerely wish who had suffered would be able to stand back their feet again. As an investor, I hope Tesla and SpaceX could continue inspire otherwise miserable cycles. This world need more inspiration and compassion.

I know Tesla included pictures of module and pack production in GigaShanghai but has it been confirmed it’s actually operational? I thought they were getting packs from Nevada until early summer when they expected local pack production to ramp. I don’t recall it being explicitly discussed anywhere and if it were happening already, I’d have expected them to mention it.
Only for initial production, mostly 2019Q4. Elon discussed it at length during his interview with the Third Row Podcast back in January. Packs are being assembled in Shanghai. Bty cells sourced from LG Chem imminent, back in January. 3rd party reports since stated bty cell supply switched to LG sometime in February. Now Tesla has also brought in CATL as the bty supplier for the MiC M3LR, due by end of Q2.

sources in China have said they'll add a 3rd shift
Lol, you need to read what they actually wrote:

"pegged at 2,000 vehicles per week with single shifts per day and overtime on Saturdays. Tesla reportedly plans to activate two shifts in March"​

That does not mean they plan to activate two MORE shifts in March, it means there will be TWO shifts in March.

HINT: 3 x 10 hrs shifts don't fit into a 24 hr day. Neither do 3 x 8 since people take breaks and lunch, and the machines can NOT run 24 hrs day without maintenance... :p

A truck driver gave me a thumbs-up on my Model Y today instead of coal rolling. Maybe it works?
WHOA! Prior to Elon's rant I have been getting nothing but people flicking me off. I have no idea why truck drivers were so anti-Tesla. Got cut off and flicked off at least 3 times ever since I own the model 3. One truck driver decided to match my speed to harass me.

he sees a soaring stock price and his being awarded over $100 million in stock options as
Slight correction. The 1st tranche of Elon's CEO compensation plan is a grant 1% of TSLA stock, of which he'd need to sell some immediately to pay income taxes. At current SP the grant would be valued at about 1.3B so state taxes on that in Cali? Paging @mongo

For those of you who are not regularly following @Papafox, I highly recommend it. I found today's post very insightful.
Have been waiting for his post since Friday. That is one thread I check before sleeping every day - although sometimes with the time difference ends up being early morning. Highly recommended Glad he posted today. Excellent post

WHOA! Prior to Elon's rant I have been getting nothing but people flicking me off. I have no idea why truck drivers were so anti-Tesla. Got cut off and flicked off at least 3 times ever since I own the model 3. One truck driver decided to match my speed to harass me.

A few friends were mine didn't want to buy Tesla due to reports of Supercharger being ICEd.

Hopefully the ICEd can be put in the past because it is simply an "Un-America" thing to do now.

Another thing I noticed is that a lot of people don't actually know Tesla manufacture 100% in US for all four models. The Fremont shutdown and Fox News emphasized the fact. I perceived this as positive.

Anyway, Tesla had difficulties being embraced as true American brand -- while GM and F dealerships near my place kept planting US flags while we knew some of the models were not actually manufactured in US. Maybe this will change?