Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Former secretary of labor falsely accused Tesla for risking public health:

Robert Reich on Twitter

Not trying to side track to politics but this is my main frustration with some left leaning groups.

I used to make political contribution and compaigned for Bernie and MoveOn (Reich's org) but stopped two years ago because they used the same tactics from Trump spreading too many FUDs.

This guy has tenure in Berkeley and would never lost his job from whatever comment he made due to 1st amandament. He would never experience the taste of unemployment. How irony.

Fremont city has its own police department. I don't believe the county has a police department and would need to reply on the city police to enforce anything. If Fremont city refuses to enforce, I doubt anything in the factory could be stopped.
If there is county sheriff, there should be police under his control. If not and he relies on city's police to enforce, and city’s police listen to the mayor more... well then sheriff of the county will be the last job I want to take in the world.

• Funny
Reactions: phantasms
So I wrote the Sheriff my anonymous letter. It's as cordial as I could be... and far from what I first wrote.

Anyone think this could be either an auto/oil play or personal grudge? Some people really do hate Tesla.

upload_2020-5-9_20-33-24.png

More interesting bits from the lawsuit (my emphases):

Subsequently, on March 17, 2020, Defendant Sheriff Ahern announced on Twitter that Plaintiff was “not an essential business as defined in the Alameda County Health Order” and could therefore only “maintain minimum basic operations.”
In addition, Alameda County has violated the Due Process Clause insomuch as it fails to provide any meaningful procedure for challenging its determination that a business is non-essential, either pre or post deprivation of Tesla’s constitutional right to use of its property. Logan v. Zimmerman Brush Co., 455 U.S. 422, 432-33 (1982). Instead, the County simply announced by Tweet that Tesla’s operations were not essential, without any formal process.
Plaintiff respectfully seeks a declaration that the Third County Order violates the Due Process Clause of the Fourteenth Amendment to the U.S. Constitution.

In light of the foregoing, Plaintiff respectfully prays that this Court:
A. Issue a permanent injunction enjoining enforcement of the Third County Order against Plaintiff;
B. Issue a declaratory judgment, pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 2201 and Rule 57 of the Federal Rules of Civil Procedure, that the Third County Order violates the Due Process Clause as applied to Plaintiff because it fails to provide fair notice of what the law requires;
C. Issue a declaratory judgment, pursuant to 28 U.S.C. § 2201, California Constitution, art. XI, § 7, and California Health and Safety Code § 131080, that the Third County Order is void to the extent it is inconsistent with the provisions of the Governor’s Order expressly allowing the continued operation of the federal critical infrastructure sectors;
D. Award reasonable attorneys’ fees and costs pursuant to 42 U.S.C. § 1988; and
E. Award such other relief available under the law that may be considered appropriate under the circumstances, including other fees and costs of this action to the extent allowed by the law.

Note that Musk doesn't just want to open our factory, he wants what was done to us declared unconstitutional. That is evidently a big deal with him.

Last edited:
Tesla just Tweeted this...

Getting Back to Work

Thank you Tesla for sharing this, I am thrilled to see this in the name of the whole company, applying pressure with details and professionalism. I really wish this had come with the quarterly update or even a week ago to quickly overshadow the whackier stuff from Elon. Nevertheless, I'm quite pleased :)

The PR from this will be absolutely phenomenal if we can get some kind of peaceful compromise and Fremont opening maybe on the 18th(with prep allowed to proceed this Monday). The far right just got an American car company they can move to.

Please put on your big boy pants tomorrow Elon and stay rational!

The PR from this will be absolutely phenomenal if we can get some kind of peaceful compromise and Fremont opening maybe on the 18th(with prep allowed to proceed this Monday). The far right just got an American car company they can move to.

Please put on your big boy pants tomorrow Elon and stay rational!

In my memory since Tesla's funding, Tesla didn't seem to have much of luck of "peace". We will see.

Elon played a perfect game of 3D chess, hats off to him! Well, I am expecting a nice breakout of the stock price next week - and it is well deserved. I am so glad that this forum has taught me the art of HODL on this bumpy ride!

I agree with all your thoughts and feelings but I've been investing long enough to know that, even though it seems like the share price should go up Monday and through next week based on recent events, I know that is not a given. I think it could just as likely, inexplicably, go the other way. The share prices of public companies are odd that way. Sometimes they rise when they "should" and fall with bad news as they "should" at other times they seem to have a mind of their own. I wonder if next week will be like that.

Not that it matters for those of us who are long-term buy and hold investors. :)

Thank you Tesla for sharing this, I am thrilled to see this in the name of the whole company, applying pressure with details and professionalism. I really wish this had come with the quarterly update or even a week ago to quickly overshadow the whackier stuff from Elon. Nevertheless, I'm quite pleased :)

I felt the whole drama was well coordinated, maximizing the fact that:
  1. Tesla is USA made.
  2. Building trucks in Texas.
  3. Tesla's experience on COVID
Tim Cook probably would do a different approach but that's not Elon's style. He is for shock-and-awe.

You mean from groundbreaking to production? Here's a chart from about a year ago. Looks like battery production began about 2½ years after groundbreaking.

Tesla Gigafactory 1 Timeline & Results — CleanTechnica Deep Dive | CleanTechnica

View attachment 540272
Oh sorry, I meant to reopen from the Covid shutdown which was done in China and Nevada.
"Tesla has started the process of resuming operations" sounded slow. Maybe that was intentional, or padding for supplier hiccups maybe.

Reactions: Prunesquallor