Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Another real big surprise this morning. (NOT)

Remember how I had completely randomly figured out that no PUTs were being sold yesterday because THEY were planning (knew) there would be a big price push down today and it would be MUCH more profitable to sell those PUTs today? Well......

for real.png

It should not be legal to look at this stuff and figure out exactly what some group is planning. Expect the SEC to pass a rule that investors are not allowed to point out obvious manipulation.
ROTFLMAO

Last edited:
It staggers my imagination how Chanos' lies about Tesla, the very ones designed to slow Tesla down and that he hoped could cause them to fail, could be considered "intelligent" in light of the fact that we are all subject to the impacts of global warming. Including Chanos' grandchildren.
As far as I can tell, deniers (at least all the ones who were my former co-workers) ask one question: Will this happen in the next (10-20-30) years? If not, then they don't care. Even those with children and grandchildren who would be affected. They just want theirs now.

Another real big surprise this morning. (NOT)

Remember how I had completely randomly figured out that no PUTs were being sold yesterday because THEY were planning (knew) there would be a big price push down today and it would be MUCH more profitable to sell those PUTs today? Well......

View attachment 541316
It should not be legal to look at this stuff and figure out exactly what some group is planning. Expect the SEC to pass a rule that investors and not allowed to point out obvious manipulation.
ROTFLMAO

yep, trended down right from the start.

still establishing the lower highs and lower lows...until it doesn’t

complete with appearance by Jonas on cnbc. although he was mainly neutral. now CA AG

we guessed, what, 30-40 down at least, so ‘they’ could create the opportunity before batt day

it’s on pace for that today. maybe it’ll go to AJs price target of 680 before MS and cohorts and snap it back pre/post battery day.

churn and burn, keep that volatility engine humming. the banks need to make up for swaths of defaults that are looming on the mortgage segments

Did a quick search to see if this was posted yet, and it didn't turn up anything. Jared Polis, the governor of Colorado, is also publicly reaching out to Elon soliciting factories now: Jared Polis on Twitter

Looks like Elon really started a bidding war among the states when he threatened to move Fremont.

It just doesn't make sense to me. If Tesla sells all the cars they make why would they spend all the time and $$ to keep production flat rather than expand.

A whole new plant for Model Y & Cybertruck in the US seems like a better idea

• Helpful
Reactions: wtlloyd
It's hard to hold while knowing the market is tanking (I'm expecting the recovery to be extremely slow, with worse to come).
Simultaneously, Tesla is about to rocket IMO. This is my dissonance.

Last year, same issue with the general feeling that the overall market was in a bubble (friends sitting on sidelines with cash etc...). I think the right thing to do is watch TSLA get walked down (sad, but par for the course)... then boldly buy more! I still have that buy at $666, lol.

Where's your buy priced?

I second that. With out all the FUD from the short sellers and click bait reporters, we would not have the buying opportunities we had for those of us that got into Tesla in the last couple of years.

The fact that Spiegel may have helped me build a bigger position in TSLA than otherwise would have been possible, is not a good quality of the person, it is an unintended consequence that happened to be beneficial. The person is still just as despicable.

It's hard to hold while knowing the market is tanking (I'm expecting the recovery to be extremely slow, with worse to come).

Last year, same issue with the general feeling that the overall market was in a bubble (friends sitting on sidelines with cash etc...). I think the right thing to do is watch TSLA get walked down (sad, but par for the course)... then boldly buy more! I still have that buy at $666, lol.

Where's your buy priced?

420.69, the ultimate Tesla buy price. I got one last dip, but I'll do it again!

A little OT...
I'm finding some amazing deals on used items (craigslist etc...) which seems to track the April drop in cost of Goods & Services. My banking neighbor claims that deflation occurs before inflation. True? Are we headed for that inflation rollercoaster too? I'm buying stuff only bc of my retirement age timing this year, but it's a candy store out there - feels like I'm ripping people off while they're glad anyone is buying at all it seems.

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed

Where's your buy priced?

A little OT...
I'm finding some amazing deals on used items (craigslist etc...) which seems to track the April drop in cost of Goods & Services. My banking neighbor claims that deflation occurs before inflation. True? Are we headed for that inflation rollercoaster too? I'm buying stuff only bc of my retirement age timing this year, but it's a candy store out there - feels like I'm ripping people off while they're glad anyone is buying at all it seems.

If we go between $550-400 I will use my entire HELOC to get sharesashares swap my shares in my IRA's for calls.

What kind of used stuff are you buying? Just curious.

Reactions: Xenius