Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Super shocked about the price action today. We can argue about what caused the climb from 785 back to the 818 area (personally I think it’s market-wide Fed intervention today rather than TSLA-specific manipulation), but I think we can agree it’s back to where MMs would like it, no?

I'll preface this by saying it's good to see the stock hold up against demand worries from those that don't understand Tesla's expansion.

But I do wonder how high do the macro's have to go before MM's will stop capping? At this point, for the past month now Tesla has missed out on a pretty big rally in the macros. Nasdaq is almost back to it's all time high at this point. I don't really care about the dip from the 900 level to the 360 and then the rally quickly back up to 600-700 level...in my opinion it was illogical fear combined with heavy shorting create a panic sell for about 2 weeks there and therefore it wasn't logical to be down in that range. I'm expecting now that we'll be at 800 until the week before P/D numbers regardless of how high the macros go. Nasdaq could break all time high and it won't matter apparently until Q2 P/D numbers are out.

It's not that the Nasdaq could hit 9800 and Tesla is 800 that's frustrating. It's that Tesla hit 800 almost a month ago and completely flatlined while the Nasdaq continually goes higher. We've all seen bear raids and short attacks in the past to drive the share price down, but I'd argue that the past 4 weeks have been the most blatant time period of manipulation that I've seen on the stock. It's so damn obvious that the stock price is predetermined and that MM's will use whatever funds necessary to ensure they make most money possible off of weekly options.

This of course means nothing to investors holding long or the long term prospects of the stock. But still, for me at least, it's insanely annoying to see such blatant manipulation and know that nothing will be done to MM's.

It's not that the Nasdaq could hit 9800 and Tesla is 800 that's frustrating. It's that Tesla hit 800 almost a month ago and completely flatlined while the Nasdaq continually goes higher. We've all seen bear raids and short attacks in the past to drive the share price down, but I'd argue that the past 4 weeks have been the most blatant time period of manipulation that I've seen on the stock. It's so damn obvious that the stock price is predetermined and that MM's will use whatever funds necessary to ensure they make most money possible off of weekly options.

I think your complaint is without substantial merit. I predicted Tesla would lead the market out of the hit from COVID-19 and, sure enough, TSLA turned the corner a good 2-3 days before the major indexes. And since the beginning of the drop, or since the YTD lows, or since the beginning of the year, or just about any reasonable way you want to measure it, TSLA has outperformed ALL the major indexes by a substantial margin, huge margins actually.

It looks like your glass is half-empty. Did you happen to sell at an inopportune time or what is the basis for this displeasure?

Last edited:
So some folks (bots?) swiftly dumped Tesla shares during after-hours immediately upon learning that a SpaceX flight has been delayed for three days as a precaution due to inclement weather. Totally irrational. :rolleyes:

I imagine they were wanna-be hitch-hikers (those buying before the launch to benefit from a successful operation).

• Informative
Reactions: Artful Dodger
So some folks (bots?) swiftly dumped Tesla shares during after-hours immediately upon learning that a SpaceX flight has been delayed for three days as a precaution due to inclement weather. Totally irrational. :rolleyes:
I think short term traders were buying expecting a quick pop on a successful launch so they had to flatten after the scrub.

Reactions: Tim S
I imagine they were wanna-be hitch-hikers (those buying before the launch to benefit from a successful operation).

I think short term traders were buying expecting a quick pop on a successful launch so they had to flatten after the scrub.

You both could well be right. The trading volume during the dump was minimal. Perhaps due to novice day traders who had been looking for some action with no sports for which to watch or bet. :confused: