Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If you are like the majority of investors these days who don't actually have a physical certificate in your hand, or who aren't directly registered, they literally do not know who you are.

A typical brokerage account today in held by your broker "in street name" which means the actual registered owner of your shares is your broker and they are holding your shares for you. This is why you can instantly buy and sell stocks!

In Street Name Definition

they know who you are..pls see my prior post

His review can be summarized as: I really like this car, but I don't know much about it. He's very positive, but mostly vague and inaccurate about details. For anybody on this forum, it's a waste of time to watch it.

I strongly disagree. As an investor, I would watch it for the same reason I read mainstream media articles about TSLA, watch TV segments on Tesla and read TSLA brokerage reports. Because without watching and reading what other people are seeing, I don't know what they are thinking. With Tesla this is important on two levels (what potential car buyers are thinking and what other potential/actual TSLA investors are thinking).

but we’re not the target audience. so i say bravo to that lengthy Y segment
Yep. Agreed. I watched the entire episode keeping in mind the audience it is meant for, which is the general car buyer and consumers.
Majority of the target audience is nowhere close to as well informed as those on this board. I particularly liked the repeated mentions of the car being American made, the value and utility it would have for a family and the simplistic explanation of it being cleaner than gas car. Plenty to love in the episode for us.

For those worried about security, why not just move a few shares to another broker to use to log in to vote?

To establish your right to vote, does it matter if your shares happen to be in-

1- Taxed account
2- Traditional IRA
3- Roth IRA
4- CALL or LEAPs but no actual shares

- to allow me to vote?
Option contracts don't entitle you to vote. For the retirement accounts, whoever controls the account gets to vote; if they are self-directed that's presumably you, but if they're in, say, a Fidelity fund, Fidelity does. That's why companies like the ones backing the motion to fire Robin Denholm are important... places like Fidelity don't try to understand the issues, they rely on guidance from those third parties.

I'd be surprised if the motion passes. I can't imagine any of the directors would vote for it, or any of the shares Elon controls, or me :).

• Informative
Reactions: UncaNed
His review can be summarized as: I really like this car, but I don't know much about it. He's very positive, but mostly vague and inaccurate about details. For anybody on this forum, it's a waste of time to watch it.
It's "addictive." That one line speaks to the feeling or emotion one gets when driving a Tesla ... which is what really sells cars.