Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
$TSLA Methinks time to exit Tesla calls would be around end of September 2020 and @elonmusk just announced it yesterday so time to load up on calls right now and ride it until the battery day/ annual meet and then unload everything before Q4 starts
That’s the way I see it right now but I might change my mind at any time
So Mrs Lincoln - how was the rest of the play?!

Since Trevor is so into the fueling stations, he should outright pledge that the H2 will be produced via water electrolysis using clean energy.

He could then at least claim that the well-to-wheels is cleaner with H2FC since “our fuel is water, our exhaust is water”. No mining or battery recycling required.

Just to be clear, I think - economically and practically - his concepts are full of it, but one could make the end-to-end argument.

He has committed to green hydrogen. The catch is that the solar farms wont be on site with the hydrogen production. Q&A: Nikola's Trevor Milton on Hydrogen Electric Trucks

• Informative
Reactions: Prunesquallor
What's the point of a fuel cell? Shorter time to fill up is the only one I can think of. On Battery Day, if they announce some breakthroughs in charge time, or heck, just solid incremental improvement, then that should be the final nail in the fuel cell coffin.

Not so fast! There are limitations on how fast cars can fill up on hydrogen stations depending on how they store and/or generate the hydrogen. One station can only service like 40 cars per day. So if other cars have just filled up you might be out of luck and have to wait for the pump to be ready to be used again.

Just watch this video from Bjørn - he can explain this much better than I can - watch the whole thing or if you are pressed for time jump to around the 10:15 mark:

EU car sales forecast 2020: Record drop of 25% expected this year, says ACEA

Following the first shockwaves of the crisis between mid-March and May, the EU market has contracted by 41.5% so far this year. This situation is expected to ease to a certain extent in the coming months as lockdown and containment measures are lifted throughout the region.

“Given the unprecedented collapse in sales to date, purchase incentives and scrappage schemes are urgently required right across the EU to create much-needed demand for new cars. In the interest of our industry and the wider EU economy, we are calling for the necessary political and economic support – both on the EU as well as the member state levels – in order to limit the damage to production and employment over the months to come.”

Source: EU car sales forecast 2020: Record drop of 25% expected this year, says ACEA | ACEA - European Automobile Manufacturers' Association

Not so fast! There are limitations on how fast cars can fill up on hydrogen stations depending on how they store and/or generate the hydrogen. One station can only service like 40 cars per day. So if other cars have just filled up you might be out of luck and have to wait for the pump to be ready to be used again.

Just watch this video from Bjørn - he can explain this much better than I can - watch the whole thing or if you are pressed for time jump to around the 10:15 mark:

Highly recommended to watch the whole video - it's informative and, of course, funny.

Bjørn was one of the most valuable resources in the early days, I devoured his videos in 2013 before I got my first Model S.

Elon Musk sends cryptic email to Tesla employees about going 'all out' - Electrek

Full email :

“For many reasons, a great deal of Tesla execution worldwide is packed into the final week of the quarter. It is very important that we go all out through end of June 30 to ensure a good outcome. Wouldn’t bring this up if not very important.

Thanks Elon”

I'm very bullish about this.

My bet is that they're already profitable by this point in the quarter, and this final push is to make it an outstanding profit (respectively to the shutdown period). :cool: Got my sell orders in at 1.2k and 1.4k, and think they'll pop by this time next month.