Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I remember a lot of talk about "calling in rich" a few months back, so...

Assuming we open at these pre-market levels I suspect we'll have a few new Teslanaires today? I know, I'll be one of them :D
Welcome to the club. We will send you your monogrammed smoking jacket and slippers as soon as your admission is approved by senior management.

Very interesting overview, thank you.

Funnily enough the inflated-deliveries-estimates by the bears are (hopefully) still way too low. If we beat all of them we don't have to wait for the 4th for fireworks!

Dude, I remembered your post and had to search for it to reply because its worth it. You nailed it. Would have loved to see their faces when they read the report this morning.

Someone just asked what Tesla would do when the world complelety runs out of lithium, and instead of pointing out that the world is never going to run out of lithium, Elon replied that all questions would be answered on Battery Day. Could he possibly be saying they have a plan for a non lithium-Ion battery? That's technically what he just said.

https://twitter.com/bipulh/status/1278427328696238083
I think the same. It baffles my mind that Tesla wants to scale to 2-3 TWh and they still haven't started buying up mines. It takes takes time and capital to scale up lithium capacity. I think Elon was trolling when he said they might go into mining at last shareholder meeting.
More details here:
Tesla, Terafactories, & Lithium: Securing The Supply Chain

Fire Away!
(It’s STILL the batteries, Stupid!)

upload_2019-12-2_13-2-12-jpeg.483966

Guess its a brain-fart. End of week is today = "friday", closed tomorrow.
Did they raise the target twice today? Marketwatch shows two headlines, one at 7:08 saying raised to 1250 from 1000, and another at 7:16 saying raised to 2000. The first headline only links to the tsla ticker page, while the second goes to the article saying it happened tomorrow and was raised from 1250.

Two different authors as well to those two headlines.

• Helpful
Reactions: StealthP3D
Did they raise the target twice today? Marketwatch shows two headlines, one at 7:08 saying raised to 1250 from 1000, and another at 7:16 saying raised to 2000. The first headline only links to the tsla ticker page, while the second goes to the article saying it happened tomorrow and was raised from 1250.

Two different authors as well to those two headlines.

Yeah.. I was wodnering this myself. Not sure, but it seems like it?

Edit:
Tesla (TSLA) PT Raised to Street High $1,250 at Wedbush; Bull Case Raised to $2,000

I think so yes, 9500 reduction in inventory, which is pure profit from costs incurred in Q1.

Shame we didn't get a yoy increase over 2Q19 (was 95.5k last year), but these are incredibly strong figures.

Costs of cars sold might have been paid for in Q1, they don't show up on the income statement until Q2. CoGS are accounted for in the quarter in which the product is sold.