Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
If they stock split, I will be forced to double down on what is already a quintupled down bet. Like seriously, how could I not?! That’s like putting a burrito in front of @Chunky Jr. Not something that can be passed up. Now I’m concerned about the reckoning to come from that.
You do what a stock split is don't you (he says sarcastically)? It kind of does it for you. But feel free to double down if you wish! And I'd like a burrito too please, just no guacamole or sour cream...

Good point. I hadn't even considered that. Even if you needed an oil change or repair you weren't likely to bother. And if you didn't have a choice, it's a good chance the dealer was closed part of the time anyway. That also means fewer sleezey car salesmen getting people to upgrade while their car was being fixed.

Contrasting that to Tesla's biggest cash cow is people sitting at home and pressing "upgrade" to FSD or acceleration boost. Covid certain shined a light on what it MEANS to be a software company that happens to use solar and cars as their software platform.

https://www.thestreet.com/video/jim...Jim+Cramer+Says+Tesla+Is+a+Tech+Stock,+Buy+It

Jim Cramer Says Tesla Is a Tech Stock, Buy It

Tesla posted stronger-than-expected second-quarter delivery figures.

Just Wednesday, Tesla overtook Toyota as the world's most valuable carmaker by market value yesterday, delivered 90,650 units over the three months ending in June, well ahead of the Street consensus forecast of 72,000. Last year, the company shifted 95,200 million units over the second quarter.

“Just amazing how well you executed, especially in such difficult times, I am so proud to work with you!,” Musk wrote in an email to employees Wednesday. The message followed another 'everyone' email from last week that suggested that "breaking even is looking super tight....Please go all out to ensure victory!"

Model 3 and Model Y deliveries hit 80,050, the company said, while Model S and Model X deliveries were pegged at 10,600. The company said earlier this year it would 'comfortably" deliver 500,000 vehicles by the end of 2020.

Jim Cramer said that Tesla is a tech stock, not a car stock.

Pardon my ignorance but just woke up to nice Bday surprise!!!! Do we know GAAP?
If not when do you expect we will, and when will S&P inclusion likely happen?!?!

congrats all!!
No one answered the most important question of the day. I was in the post Q3 camp and staying there on principle. If you want to believe the herd then we are likely to get:
ER - early Aug probably
S&P - 15th September probably (to coincide with battery day...)

I leveraged up a third of my LEAPs to 1500s today (just in case...).

• Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
https://www.thestreet.com/video/jim-cramer-tesla-stock-buy-july?puc=_htmlbooyah_pla1&cm_ven=EMAIL_htmlbooyah&tstmem=174899316&utm_source=newsletter&utm_medium=email&utm_campaign=BOOYAH&utm_term=Jim+Cramer+Says+Tesla+Is+a+Tech+Stock,+Buy+It

Jim Cramer Says Tesla Is a Tech Stock, Buy It

Tesla posted stronger-than-expected second-quarter delivery figures.

Just Wednesday, Tesla overtook Toyota as the world's most valuable carmaker by market value yesterday, delivered 90,650 units over the three months ending in June, well ahead of the Street consensus forecast of 72,000. Last year, the company shifted 95,200 million units over the second quarter.

“Just amazing how well you executed, especially in such difficult times, I am so proud to work with you!,” Musk wrote in an email to employees Wednesday. The message followed another 'everyone' email from last week that suggested that "breaking even is looking super tight....Please go all out to ensure victory!"

Model 3 and Model Y deliveries hit 80,050, the company said, while Model S and Model X deliveries were pegged at 10,600. The company said earlier this year it would 'comfortably" deliver 500,000 vehicles by the end of 2020.

Jim Cramer said that Tesla is a tech stock, not a car stock.

Who proofreads Cramer's articles...i copied and pasted it and noticed this....

Last year, the company shifted 95,200 million units over the second quarter.

No real reason, just that a Veteran investor like yourself might be able to shine some light on the options opportunity for a young investor, and you had just indicated favorably on the subject previously... ;)

There are many folks here with years of experience in Options. All advice is welcome, some is Golden!

Cheers!

Paging @LN1_Casey

Last edited:
upload_2020-7-2_14-31-2.png

:D:D:D:D:D

Who proofreads Cramer's articles...i copied and pasted it and noticed this....

Last year, the company shifted 95,200 million units over the second quarter.

Apparently the same folks who proofread Dan Ive’s upgrade from this morning. I was listening to a conversation on yahoo finance and the female anchor says something like “Tesla announced delivery numbers but did not provide model specific numbers”. So misinformed and such bad journalism everywhere.

You do what a stock split is don't you (he says sarcastically)? It kind of does it for you. But feel free to double down if you wish! And I'd like a burrito too please, just no guacamole or sour cream...

Yes. I probably get to add a zero to the end of my shares currently owned. :eek: Then the SP starts all over again really low and I look at that number and think, ‘***** ****! TSLA is worth way more than that!’ :rolleyes: Then I make up all sorts of reasons to buy more shares; like every time I see a Tesla on the road, I buy a share. ;) Before I know it, I’ve added 10% more shares for dirt cheap. :cool: Then I watch the SP rise back up to its current position. :D And then apparently The Reckoning happens. :( And I live happily ever after on my island. :p The end.

Yes. I’m apparently in for the stock split. o_O

Not sure if this has been posted yet, but the revised application for Giga Berlin is online. It's ridiculously detailed (390MB, 3300 page PDF) and in german. I'm currently reading it, will report on any interesting tidbits in 3 months maybe, 6 months definitely

Ok, I'm about halfway through the application. Here are some of the more interesting points:
  • Key changes:
    • Height of the building reduced from 24m to 14m for majority of the footprint, except: stamping, casting, paint
    • Plastics workshop removed
    • Battery pack manufacturing removed
    • Drive unit production moved to separate building
    • Note that these changes are for Phase I only, I fully expect pack production to be localized at some point, just not in Phase I
  • Expected peak electricity/ natural gas use: 64.2MW / 7750 Nm^3/h
  • Expected water usage has been decreased significantly, from 372m^3/h peak in the old application, 233m^3/h => 37% reduction in peak water usage. Average water usage expected to be 192m^3/h.
    • Very significant, as water use has been one of the key concerns both from a technical and from a public relations perspective.
    • The planning committee responsible for water usage is satisfied with these changes => water issue officially resolved :)
  • 2100 worker shifts
  • Phase I with 500k capacity seems to be exclusively Model Y, any additional models would be on top of that (see eg. p. 285). Old information seemed to indicate that the 500k capacity is for Model 3 and Y combined, IIRC.
  • Daily truck volume (except Sundays): 755 semis to deliver raw materials, 286 semis to ship finished cars

Old Layout:
giga4_overview_old.png

New Layout:
GIGA4_overview.png

Now for the fun part: starting from page 1545, there are eighty (80) pages of detailed technical drawings that tell you just about anything you could possibly want to know about Giga Berlin. These are all Vector graphics with loads of detail, so look at them in the document if you're interested (link). Screenshots miss a lot of detail. All of the plans are annotated in German as well as in English.
A couple examples:
hires_overview.png

Same image zoomed in:
hires_detail.png

Floor plan of the kitchen (!):
floorplan_kitchen.png

Outside view of General Assembly:
GA_walls.png

Yes. I probably get to add a zero to the end of my shares currently owned. :eek: Then the SP starts all over again really low and I look at that number and think, ‘***** ****! TSLA is worth way more than that!’ :rolleyes: Then I make up all sorts of reasons to buy more shares; like every time I see a Tesla on the road, I buy a share. ;) Before I know it, I’ve added 10% more shares for dirt cheap. :cool: Then I watch the SP rise back up to its current position. :D And then apparently The Reckoning happens. :( And I live happily ever after on my island. :p The end.

Yes. I’m apparently in for the stock split. o_O
Thanks for making my weekend!!!

Reactions: Krugerrand
Bought a commemorative share at open this morning at 1121.48. Certainly a day to remember!

I wondered why Artful Dodger rated my post funny, but then I saw I fat-fingered the share price. Doh! No wonder it was funny. I actually did get one share at the opening price of 1221.48. Sorry, I always try to reread before posting, but this time my QC failed.

TSLA Buy 1 Share @ $1225.00 Limit Executed @ 1,221.48 avg.

Apparently the same folks who proofread Dan Ive’s upgrade from this morning. I was listening to a conversation on yahoo finance and the female anchor says something like “Tesla announced delivery numbers but did not provide model specific numbers”. So misinformed and such bad journalism everywhere.

Tesla combines S/X and then also 3/Y. Four models into two numbers. So not model specific.