Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
He literally posted it attached to a call for people to apply for the tesla legal team my dude.

Then uses we not I in the sentence about settling.

Trying to claim the commitment has nothing to do with Tesla is.... not a sound reading of anything he wrote. Not remotely.
Again you're failing reading comprehension. I specifically included the possibility that his personal commitment could be related to Tesla, so your claims about "nothing to do with Tesla" is just strawman.

He can make personal commitment related to Tesla - such as not selling TSLA shares - but it still has nothing to do with the company policy wise.

How is that the 'real issue'? (or even applicable here at all? tweets about when L5 are speculative, nobody's done that- they're fancy guesses---one should expect those dates to be missed-- But "this is the definitive legal policy going forward" is specific, concrete, and doesn't require inventing new technology to make happen- so have a lot more basis to believe they're accurate from the original claim)
Where did he said this is "definitive legal policy" for Tesla? No where.

Also, Elon said plenty of other things besides L5, such as "Biden cares a lot more about whether Tesla is unionized than whether Tesla is saving the environment", so you believe this too?

Or do you think any possible lawsuit against Tesla is unjust by definition and so you simply MUST come up with whacky theories to deny the simple reading of Elons words?
Of course it's possible that the lawsuit against Tesla is just, where did I say it's not possible?

But it's far more likely that Elon changed his personal legal strategy. Him changing some personal commitment is hardly a "whacky theory", it literally happened multiple times, like his commitment not to sell TSLA shares in early 2022.

Tesla has 25-30 billion dollars in the bank... Far more resources than when Elon made the commitment, so that's an hilariously straw-graspy "example"
Good lawyers don't grow on trees, just because you have money doesn't mean you can get enough good lawyers.

Also profit margin has decreased since 2022, and we're facing high interest rate environment and an EV downturn, and there's more Chinese EV competition, plus Tesla needs all the money they can get to build up compute. Should be obvious that current environment is tougher on Tesla than 2022, I'm baffled why this is even a question. Last time I checked everybody here is worried about the lack of growth for this year and next, you included.

When has it not been?

That was the same reason given for the SEC settlement- at a time when Tesla genuinely was in a much more delicate time- And Elon made the commitment NOT to settle unjust cases after that--- In part, because of that-- he having multiple times stated Tesla felt forced into that settlement and never wanting to do that again.
That's because the SEC settlement puts a lot of constraints on Elon and Tesla, there's no such constraints being reported for this settlement.

The comp package was in a very specific Delaware business court.

The two recent cases Tesla settled were in normal courts in other states.

If he thinks the ENTIRE US legal system is corrupt, not just DE, why would he be moving the company from one state to another in the same country with inferior tax treatment?
Again with the strawman, where did I say he thinks "the ENTIRE US legal system is corrupt"?

Even some courts hand out unfair rulings could prompt a change to one's legal strategy. His original commitment is purely idealistic, but now he knows the reality he's becoming more pragmatic, there's nothing special about this change.

The basic problem is that Musk just feels very comfortable flat out lying. It is no surprise why Trump and he seem to be aligning and supporting eachother - neither has any grasp on reality and don’t seem to think that anyone will actually fact check, remember what they said, or have a knowledge of the truth. What a weird time in our country.
He's a lot of things, like tyrannically optimistic in his timelines (aka worst technical project manager ever), demonstrates incredibly imbalanced work/life trade-offs and adolescent interpersonal skills, but not a liar. That simply does not compute for him and I've never witnessed it or been led to believe he has (YMMV). I'm triggered by many of his posts, how he's handled wonderfully talented engineers and how his VPs have 'pulled the wool over his eyes', but he always has eventually figured it out, called them out and made things right. This has taken painfully long for many products at his companies that I've been involved with firsthand.

He's a lot of things, like tyrannically optimistic in his timelines (aka worst technical project manager ever), demonstrates incredibly imbalanced work/life trade-offs and adolescent interpersonal skills, but not a liar. That simply does not compute for him and I've never witnessed it or been led to believe he has (YMMV). I'm triggered by many of his posts, how he's handled wonderfully talented engineers and how his VPs have 'pulled the wool over his eyes', but he always has eventually figured it out, called them out and made things right. This has taken painfully long for many products at his companies that I've been involved with firsthand.
Calling him a liar is a bit of a leap. He sometimes speaks/posts false information. People who have a negative perspective assign these as lies, which is unfair( Ive done it as well). I'm not just talking about timelines.

We're all human and are all wrong. I think the confidence he makes false statements and/or public platform he uses skew this...also the people who dislike him.

As a regular user of two of those plus Tesla I think the Tesla lead is far, far greater than is shown here. Nothing even approaches the capacity of the Tesla app. Further, it has been so since my first use of my 2014 Model S app to allow remote use of my car when the service center lost the fob, so I solved their access while in an airport lounge headed out of Rio de Janeiro. I suspect they did not actually use those apps in order to rank them.
I was going to post the same. I think the poll doesn’t show that because most people only know one app and don’t know just how much better it could be

Calling him a liar is a bit of a leap. He sometimes speaks/posts false information. People who have a negative perspective assign these as lies, which is unfair( Ive done it as well). I'm not just talking about timelines.

lol - the very definition of a liar. Yes officer, I know I spoke false information, but if you think about it, that’s sort of like telling the truth in a bizarro world kind of way. Saying and posting falsehoods is the same as lying.

lol - the very definition of a liar. Yes officer, I know I spoke false information, but if you think about it, that’s sort of like telling the truth in a bizarro world kind of way. Saying and posting falsehoods is the same as lying.

You should probably sell all of your TSLA stock. Why would anyone own stock in a company with a CEO who lies so often? 😒

He's a lot of things, like tyrannically optimistic in his timelines (aka worst technical project manager ever), demonstrates incredibly imbalanced work/life trade-offs and adolescent interpersonal skills, but not a liar.
So his constant repetition, amplification, and echoing of arrant nonsense and falsehoods on his free-speech platform is due to his naive belief in other people who just happen to be liars? But not Elon? This is becoming harder and harder to believe as it goes on. For years now. Is he really that stupid about things that aren't engineering?

So his constant repetition, amplification, and echoing of arrant nonsense and falsehoods on his free-speech platform is due to his naive belief in other people who just happen to be liars? But not Elon? This is becoming harder and harder to believe as it goes on. For years now. Is he really that stupid about things that aren't engineering?
Or about things like the Semi being manufactured in a year when the plant had not even had concrete poured and when they had no batteries. Or when they had 100 people on 4680 and gave an estimate 2 years sooner than LG Pano or CATL with 1/10 the staffing and those companies made batteries for a living.

Attachments

• IMG_1403.png
    IMG_1403.png
    239.7 KB · Views: 2
Or about things like the Semi being manufactured in a year when the plant had not even had concrete poured and when they had no batteries. Or when they had 100 people on 4680 and gave an estimate 2 years sooner than LGemp Pano or CATL with 1/10 the staffing and those companies made batteries for a living.
One contemplates how neither of those companies felt moved to contradict Elon's statements when he made them. That's Corporate discipline.

Not doing solar would be insanely expensive, as it produces at least 25 years of electrical bills worth of electricity.
And that 25 years of electricity is based on today’s electricity prices - history suggests those prices will go up (in fairness, this is probably offset by the slow degradation of the panels’ output).

We're all human and are all wrong. I think the confidence he makes false statements and/or public platform he uses skew this...also the people who dislike him.
A wise man (one of my earliest and best bosses) once said, "A good guesser is right 51% of the time. A bad guesser is right 49% of the time. The trick is to save your good guesses for important decisions and use the rest for figuring out where to eat lunch and other inconsequential activities.