Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been tracking the $1,300 SP Call Options with maturity on Sep 18, 2020. Here's their progression thru this week:

Code:
Ask    OI    Vol    IV        Strike

TSLA maturity 09/18/2020 created 6/30/20 6:11 AM
$56.70    1415       0    75.377    $1,300.00

TSLA maturity 09/18/2020 created 6/30/20 20:21 PM
$77.60    1415    104    72.666    $1,300.00

TSLA maturity 09/18/2020 created 7/01/20 20:30 PM
$87.75    1410       91    66.605    $1,300.00

TSLA maturity 09/18/2020 created 7/02/20 20:28 PM
$118.00    1411    1316    67.368    $1,300.00

So, the 'per share' value of these contracts incr +$61.3 or $6,130 per contract.

OptionFlow.1300CALL.2020-09-18.png

The OP (large purchase of subject Contracts from Monday) was for 677 Contracts, so a net increase in value of $41,500.10 for the week.

And there's still lots of time value in these Options. :D

Cheers!

I obviously need to ground myself in a fundamental way and stop feeling so terrible about only making a couple of million.
Yeah....i think you'll get over it...You do have 2 million reasons to. :)

It takes a lot of courage to admit defeat....it takes even more to share it. In this case, you took a gamble and lost, but you still made out...look on the bright side...you are healthy (hopefully) and get to enjoy those millions.

Potential Tesla income stream I haven't heard anyone talk about...

I was playing Fallout Shelter while I was waiting in the S and realized there is no way to do an in app purchase in the game. I wonder as Tesla adds more games and apps to the toy box if they'll ever enable something like this? Maybe even game/app purschases in general.

Reactions: engle and JusRelax
Yes. I probably get to add a zero to the end of my shares currently owned. :eek: Then the SP starts all over again really low and I look at that number and think, ‘***** ****! TSLA is worth way more than that!’ :rolleyes: Then I make up all sorts of reasons to buy more shares; like every time I see a Tesla on the road, I buy a share. ;) Before I know it, I’ve added 10% more shares for dirt cheap. :cool: Then I watch the SP rise back up to its current position. :D And then apparently The Reckoning happens. :( And I live happily ever after on my island. :p The end.

Yes. I’m apparently in for the stock split. o_O
Cat, that was pretty damn funny.

My wife is completely unaware of how our net worth has exploded over the last 3 1/2 months. All she knows is her tightwad husband was furloughed beginning May 1st and doesn't have a care in the world. Therefore, she isn't too worried either.

If I continue being sunny and bright while not working I'm afraid she will question why.
That was April 2019 (Stock price 235).

Still haven't sold a single share. No options, just plain old stock.

Needless to say, I'm quite pleased with the current stock situation.

Might have to reassess that selling price. Might have to hold until ARKK's most recent bull case of $15,000 per share.
Great reminder. ARK’s $4000 target looks absolutely reasonable now.

So....

Way back when, not long after the IPO, I told my boss (a multi-millionaire) that he should invest about a million dollars into TSLA stock (I think it was under $30 a share at the time).

He rejected my suggestion.

(whipping out calculator)....hmmm, that would be about $44 million today. That would buy....a few Roadsters!

At least my wife got 5 shares of TSLA at $20/share...$100 in...now worth...$6050 :).

Canadian here, er... eh?

Unless you live in California or Nevada, I can assure you that ninety nine out of a hundred people have next to zero knowledge of Tesla, what it is, what it does, it's master plan, OTA update capabilities, so on and so on. Zero. This include ICE car junkies. Seriously.

Back in grade 9 I took a Computer Science course. The year was 1983. Although personal computing was just getting started, there were significant advancements. However my High School had a surplus of Fortran bubble cards (think Binary zeros and ones to write code) from years prior, so rather than teach us the up and coming tech, my introduction to personal computing was this!

View attachment 559860

Back then and there I said to myself "this personal computer thing sucks. No way is this going anywhere" and I missed out on the entire computer craze and the rise of fortunes right through the 1990s. My beginning experience always left a bad taste in my mouth.

Back to today and now. Again, ninety nine out of a hundred people (and I am being very conservative as it is much much higher) are driving around in their Fortran bubble ICE car(d)s and have zero clue what is coming. Seriously, Tesla is coming. Tesla will most definitely come. Rise of fortunes will follow those who can see past the bubbles.
Hey, hey. I will brook no FORTRAN bashing. It was an infinitely flexible language. It would let you do the most stupid things with no complaint. It got me my MS, and I even used it as a word processor to write my thesis.

It’s very similar here. I started investing in TSLA in 2013, hoping I was right that it would become a life altering investment (while still not worsening my life if it went to zero). With the TSLA increase over the last year, it really has become life altering, and now I don’t know how to alter my life. One thing is sure: I’m not buying an island!
I am sure most of us understand that "the best thing about having money is not having to worry about money" and it takes a lot of work to get there (thankfully, someone once told me there are two types of people that work 8 hours a day ,"people that made it and those that never will")
Hopefully my wife and I will live long enough to allow our kids to appreciate what we left behind for them.
Not buying an island, but we are visiting a few....

Just saw my first Y up close and personal. Guy showed me the whole interior. Amazing.

Tesla will never ever ever ever EVER EVER EVER produce more of these than they can sell at full price.

Forced my 70 year old mom to buy some shares at $220. Gonna suggest she cash out for a Y. Do they have a "seniors mode" with a little less zoom?

Just saw my first Y up close and personal. Guy showed me the whole interior. Amazing.

Tesla will never ever ever ever EVER EVER EVER produce more of these than they can sell at full price.

Forced my 70 year old mom to buy some shares at $220. Gonna suggest she cash out for a Y. Do they have a "seniors mode" with a little less zoom?

I've seen a different Model Y on the road every day for the past ten days. They are STUNNING looking [not in white]. This coming from someone who initially thought they were just a bloated 3 in initial pictures. To me, driving dynamics is very important and our 3 has been big enough so we won't be upgrading. But, if I wasn't waiting on the Cybertruck I'd have a Y parked next to my 3. I agree, everyone will want this car. Everyone.

As for your mom just put it in Chill mode and show her where the Netflix is....

Hey, hey. I will brook no FORTRAN bashing. It was an infinitely flexible language. It would let you do the most stupid things with no complaint. It got me my MS, and I even used it as a word processor to write my thesis.

I cut my programming teeth on Fortran, Cobol, Assembler (BAL), and Basic. Yes, I am old. Ok, Boomer.