Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
2pm reveal is material info, the SEC is not gonna be happy about this tweet.

Elon is free to:
  • Release any non-Tesla related material information,
  • or release Tesla related material information as long as it got approved by the Tesla Disclosure Committee,
  • or release non-material information, such as the date of his wedding. :D

Don't know if anybody's seen the CNN Ross Gerber interview yet. Gerber expresses disappointment, whereas the host defends Musk. Interesting also that the live poll on whether Musk went too far on twitter is showing 50/50. I'm actually disappointed in Gerber, ValueAnalyst, and little in Galileo (hyperchange). These bulls all think that Musk went too far with the SEC. But they haven't actually looked at the delivery and production numbers in question I don't think. Gerber says that he was surprised by the 500k number, as his estimates were lower. And even though Galileo called it a minor issue, he still missed that the 360-400k in the Q4 letter was total deliveries and that the 350-500k in CC was just model 3. Do these people even read the details anymore? Jeez...

Major Tesla investor Ross Gerber: Elon Musk’s fight w/ SEC “annoying,’’ ‘’a distraction’’

Why The SEC Hates Elon Musk

Doh! I totally missed that. California time. So yeah, could be something major, though not Y reveal (but maybe Y reveal announcement as per @Fact Checking

I've been steadily adding calls. Time to get paid...:D

So the counterargument against Model Y reveal is the potential Osborning of U.S. Model 3 demand. Buyers on the fence would want to wait for the reveal, and maybe then wait for the Model Y. Similar price, families debating whether a sedan now or a SUV later.

Since Q1 U.S. demand is seasonally weak already, would they really want to hurt it further with deferred sales?

If the announcement is Tesla related then I'd guess it's something to increase Q1 demand. To achieve tiny Q1 profits with a bit of luck. :D

Last edited:
2pm reveal is material info, the SEC is not gonna be happy about this tweet.
lol, not in California time (which is 5 pm EST). Besides, there is no prohibition against releasing material information during market hours, only that the Exchange be given 10 min notice so it can decide whether it will halt trading pending the news.

Cheers!

View attachment 380946

giphy.gif

So if this is the announcement of the Model Y reveal, then today Elon has announced the date of the announcement of the Model Y announcement date.

Well played sir, well played ... :D