Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
SteameR
D0SGTxTWoAIXXEE.png

So the counterargument against Model Y reveal is the potential Osborning of U.S. Model 3 demand. Buyers on the fence would want to wait for the reveal, and maybe then wait for the Model Y. Similar price, families debating whether a sedan now or a SUV later.

Since Q1 U.S. Q1 demand is seasonally weak already, would they really want to hurt it further with deferred sales?

If the announcement is Tesla related then I'd guess it's something to increase Q1 demand. To achieve tiny Q1 profits with a bit of luck. :D
I totally agree. Model Y reveal should be summer or later (approx 3-6 months before production). There are enough other catalysts to take the stock higher in the meantime. We absolutely do not want the Osborne effect.

Could be M3 lease activation. Remember the internal memo a couple weeks ago. Timeline seems about right...

Didn’t she tweet something about having a lawyer? Maybe it was Tesla’s response?

Yes, she Tweeted that her lawyer said she shouldn't say anything about her dismissal based on the terms agreed with Tesla (or words very similar). So it was pretty clear at the time that she got the boot for NDA violation. Now she's blurted out that Tweet yesterday, could get her into some more trouble...

I hope not, she seems a nice lady and her disclosures were not harmful, quote the opposite, but she did put herself in a tricky position - she could have done the same with a fake account, but I guess she didn't realise she was doing anything wrong.

Could be the announcement that all cars not yet delivered have HW3 motherboard.

The last time we had a countdown non-invitation announcement, that I recall, it was HW2.
If that is, it better be for all cars delivered recently. With European deliveries on for only 1 week and Chinese for 2 days, expect a lot of noise if only the first few cars don’t have the latest HW.

• Funny
Reactions: SW2Fiddler

Hard to believe, but someone already beat you to it :p

My take on that- Even though the last two quarters were extremely positive, Elon was very "passive" about that (considering how he can provoke and draw positive attention- case in point above). At times he even provided unnecessary negative news "as if on purpose". All that leads me to the speculation that he waits for the bonds to mature (for whatever reason) before starting being "his usual self".

The fact that he will deliver TSLA related news right after the last day relevant (even in it's slightest) to the bonds maturity, makes me extremely bullish.

Btw, there is redditor claiming to be TSLA employee (on the software side) and he promised we "are in for a treat".