Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The quiet Friday / explosive Monday has been a pretty predictable pattern lately. I was thinking of trying to exploit it myself this afternoon. Maybe enough traders / investors felt the same way and overpowered any attempts at manipulation.
I was going to wait for the weekly cap to impose itself and then pick up some calls for the 22nd this afternoon. That plan is currently in ruins, like the portfolios of TSLA shorts.

Approximately 30,000 shares on the order book at $1,500 as of now. I wouldn't be surprised if we close there.

I have covered calls at 1500. I do not want to sell today. Ugh, this is above my normal stress budget. I know I could sell puts on Monday, but I think next week could rise all week as we get closer to earnings. I don't want anyone telling my wife she needs a smarter husband! (again)

There could also be a Texas GF announcement even before earnings. They are knocking out the approval steps, past the school district and now waiting for the county, but that seems like a lower bar, since they know how big a win it will be for the region.

I have covered calls at 1500. I do not want to sell today. Ugh, this is above my normal stress budget. I know I could sell puts on Monday, but I think next week could rise all week as we get closer to earnings. I don't want anyone telling my wife she needs a smarter husband! (again)

There could also be a Texas GF announcement even before earnings. They are knocking out the approval steps, past the school district and now waiting for the county, but that seems like a lower bar, since they know how big a win it will be for the region.
Both the school district and county are very low bars. Some have allowed the expected negative public comments to shake their confidence. But this is the process.

Wow this is crazy. Yesterday, on twitter, I saw that someone bought 200 $1500 7/10 calls at $2.75. They spent $550k on a bet that the stock today would end over $1502.75. When I saw that, I thought that guy is insane.. now I'm wondering if he actually knew something!
I think that's only $55K for those contracts (plus brokerage fees of course)

• Helpful
Reactions: lafrisbee and Tim S
I have lost faith in those MMs, they have been working so hard for the past week to keep it under 1400, only to give up in the last few hours.

/s
(Fake bears short common then go on CNBS, real bears sell calls then got caught naked over and over again.)

Attachments

• 64EDA5F7-185F-4F20-BDEA-4DFFF96BC097.png
    64EDA5F7-185F-4F20-BDEA-4DFFF96BC097.png
    73.6 KB · Views: 70
Last edited: