Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I want the full report, anyone have a link?

pie.PNG

• Informative
Reactions: wipster and Drax7
Robinhood exploded today. ~50 thousand new Robinhood accounts added TSLA to their portfolio today.

And with that, TSLA is now in the top 10 most popular stocks on Robinhood.

View attachment 564293

View attachment 564294

The interesting one in that list is $NCLH - Norweigan Cruise Line Holdings - which, like all the other cuise-ship companies, have been decimated by C19 impacts.

For fun I bought some LEAPS in $NCLH a few weeks back, too early as the price halved in the meantime, but I have until 2022 and I think once they start sailing again the SP will rise very fast.

Plus it was just beer-money for a laugh...

Last edited:
Today I had a (small) epiphany:
what is Franz working on?

He designed all Tesla auto since the S. All these models have been presented to the public, we're just waiting for Semi and Roadster 2 and Cybertruck production.
Semi is in pilot mode, Cybertruck had some revision late May when Elon said they're not gonna resize it. They are both "pencil down".
He maybe has still to do some minor work of the Roadster 2, but this can't be his full time occupation.
As far as I know, he doesn't work with merchandising, or panels, or Tesla Energy products.

So, the question is: what is he working on now?

Today I had a (small) epiphany:
what is Franz working on?

He designed all Tesla auto since the S. All these models have been presented to the public, we're just waiting for Semi and Roadster 2 and Cybertruck production.
Semi is in pilot mode, Cybertruck had some revision late May when Elon said they're not gonna resize it. They are both "pencil down".
He maybe has still to do some minor work of the Roadster 2, but this can't be his full time occupation.
As far as I know, he doesn't work with merchandising, or panels, or Tesla Energy products.

So, the question is: what is he working on now?

I have been wondering the same thing for a while. There is the designed in China small car and the designed in Germany hatchback, but neither of those seem to require much of Franz's time.

My guess are a cyber van, more conventional van or people mover, perhaps both van and people mover on the same platform.

https://twitter.com/Goldfiinger77/status/1282983816366370817

Apparently Tesla got approval to be a energy distribute in the states in addition to the UK. If this is true, they're about to make some bank in certain areas. Like Hawaii.

That links through to the courts upholding Order 841
What is FERC Order 841 and why is it considered so important?
Order 841 states that barriers to distributed and behind-the-meter energy storage participating in wholesale electricity markets should be removed. FERC passed the bipartisan rules in February 2018 after a lengthy process that began with it being tabled in 2016, ordering regional transmission operators (RTOs) and independent system operators (ISOs) to reconfigure wholesale markets to accommodate storage resources to allow them to provide capacity, energy and ancillary services.

A great step toward Tesla expanding their storage farms and monetizing existing Powerwalls and Powerpacks. Not sure what it directly means as far as Tesla as an energy producer though.

https://twitter.com/Goldfiinger77/status/1282983816366370817

Apparently Tesla got approval to be a energy distribute in the states in addition to the UK. If this is true, they're about to make some bank in certain areas. Like Hawaii.
Semi production line, loads of storage - battery supply solved?
Franz quiet - small car, motorbikes, electric bikes, aircraft, boats, cyber-everything (small cars, delivery vans) - or plaid Model S will be VERY refreshed.

As I said in another thread, if you've got a set of geniuses (whether Franz, chip designers etc) - you or they will find useful projects - just let them go for it - they'll create something amazing.

Any of these is very positive, several are amazing.

I have been wondering the same thing for a while. There is the designed in China small car and the designed in Germany hatchback, but neither of those seem to require much of Franz's time.

My guess are a cyber van, more conventional van or people mover, perhaps both van and people mover on the same platform.

[I missed the time limit to edit.]

Wanted to add the it is not just Franz, they obviously have a whole design team of talented engineers. So they will be working on something and whatever it is will be amazing.

I hope Franz is working on incorporating significant design cues from the Roadster 2.0 into the now "venerable" S. That would definitely stimulate sales of Tesla's flagship.

[I missed the time limit to edit.]

Wanted to add the it is not just Franz, they obviously have a whole design team of talented engineers. So they will be working on something and whatever it is will be amazing.

I've gotta say - with the virus and our new lives right now + climate change + the normal working mode of my life and what I do - Tesla really has been the beacon of hope in my life. I come on here to get updated on what's going on with the company and to see its positive light shown through the world. Makes me happy and then I can go back to work knowing my daughter's future is in better hands.

Last edited:
Some people on this board keep re-iterating this, but it's not a zero-sum game. You can can do both. I have a pot of core-shares in one account which I never sell and add to when I can, I have another account that I've traded up with options. Both accounts are help as separate legal entities (one personal, one my company), so I although I do transfer between then, I need to take care.

As for the gains, let's see where it was standing at yesterday's top:
- HODL account was roughly 10x up since the main share purchases in Feb 2016
- Trading account, thanks to LEAPS, short term option selling and trading exercised calls, was over 200x up - all this in less than 1 year

So please stop repeating the mantra that options don't make as much money as buying and holding, this is simply not true.

Yeah, if Market is all about timing, then Options is all about Time.

No way I could have got 4X my initial shares without Options. Account with just Options went 150x past 6 mths.
Short term weekly Options are for Day Traders. Mid Term are for Swing Traders, Leaps are for Long term investors.

That said, I think premiums are off the roof right now. Better to be Seller than Buyer, but SP rises so fast, so even that comes with a penalty :( (Covered Calls)

Cheers!!

CNBC has on Bob Lutz - guy always seems to come out of the woodwork when the stock price is way up. Not sure why they give this guy airtime on Tesla when he has been so wrong for so long (I guess I wonder the same about all the analysts who have been so wrong on Tesla but still seem to get airtime). He is arguing that GM EVs better than Model 3. At least Phil LeBeau is pushing back on Lutz.