Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
cnbc halftime report is, of course, a bunch of losers bashing tesla saying the ZEV credits were the only reason for profit, then said musk doesn’t care if he’s profitable, only that they don’t go bankrupt.

um, they sold 90k vehicles during covid.

further, if they need to make a capex decision midway through quarter and later use ZEV credits heading into EoQ to round out the .1-1% profit, in order to preserve impressive growth...i’m ok with it

- remember many other autos were down 20-30% during same period -

so ‘they’ compare tesla to other autos in manufacturing data points, but not when it comes to growth - cherry pickers

i’m not saying tesla belongs at 1600,
2600, or even 900.

but i want to remind everyone that many of the TV bozos are just that

Interesting observation, perhaps both extremely depressing and uplifting.

Called to order a Solar Roof as we need a new roof anyway (hail damage). Would go well with our two MS's as we're part of the DFW Solar Tour every year--nothing helps "sell" Teslas like solar panels and electric bills which TOTAL UNDER $26 FOR THE YEAR, this with two EV's in the garage . . . .

But I was placed in a queue, then asked to leave a number " . . . for a call back within 24 hours."

Which was met with: "Mailbox is full."

Really, Tesla?

You can't even get the VM systems figured out?!?

People are calling in to TRY to order one of your most expensive products and you can't even take their name and numbers for a callback.

Who is supposed to be keeping on top of such administrivia?!?

This is sort of the opposite of rocket science, no?

Interesting observation, perhaps both extremely depressing and uplifting.

Called to order a Solar Roof as we need a new roof anyway (hail damage). Would go well with our two MS's as we're part of the DFW Solar Tour every year--nothing helps "sell" Teslas like solar panels and electric bills which TOTAL UNDER $26 FOR THE YEAR, this with two EV's in the garage . . . .

But I was placed in a queue, then asked to leave a number " . . . for a call back within 24 hours."

Which was met with: "Mailbox is full."

Really, Tesla?

You can't even get the VM systems figured out?!?

People are calling in to TRY to order one of your most expensive products and you can't even take their name and numbers for a callback.

Who is supposed to be keeping on top of such administrivia?!?

This is sort of the opposite of rocket science, no?

Indeed, that sucks and is not unheard of for Tesla. But if you're ready to order, why not actually place the order and then discuss afterward?

Does that mean that the S&P guys can serve their index fund relations by announcing late?

Yes, yes it does. They can do whatever they want, basically. That it will work out ideally (a massive never-before-seen rocket due to short squeeze and fund buying) for us retail folks is wishful thinking, of which I am indeed guilty.

cnbc halftime report is, of course, a bunch of losers bashing tesla saying the ZEV credits were the only reason for profit, then said musk doesn’t care if he’s profitable, only that they don’t go bankrupt.

further, if they need to make a capex decision midway through quarter and later use ZEV credits heading into EoQ to round out the .1-1% profit, in order to preserve impressive growth...i’m ok with it

so ‘they’ compare tesla to other autos in manufacturing data points, but not when it comes to growth - cherry pickers

2600, or even 900.

The more they don't get it, the bigger grin on our faces with dollar signs dancing in our heads. Really they are a blessing, a foolproof signal of Teslas bright future.

Indeed, that sucks and is not unheard of for Tesla. But if you're ready to order, why not actually place the order and then discuss afterward?
Can't.

Already have an 8 kW SolarCity PV System from back in 2013 and the clueless dolts at TE can't figure out what to do--it's as if they DON'T want to sell a Solar Roof because they wouldn't know what to do with the old panels (such as donating them to Habitat for Humanity)?

Crazy stupid.

Will it impact TSLA price? I doubt it, at least for the short term, but there are a LOT of people that are loving the products but learning to hate the company . . . and that's very bad for TSLA's long-term if any competent compitor shows up.

2600, or even 900.

Bet there is a lot of $$$ afoot to claim they are not S&P candidates, because the mission doesn't follow responsible corporate behaviors that investors learn to trust for growth of their investments not factories.... type crap. Just watch. Still giving it 20% chance of rejection.

It's a funny old game this, on Monday 13th, for no reason at all we shot up in a way you'd have expected for today after yesterday evenings stunning news, but instead we get to fall down by a multiple of the macros!

I'm so sanguine about it now though, it's unreal, manly down to this place :)