Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Tesla, TSLA & the Investment World: the Perpetual Investors' Roundtable

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
screenshot_2827.jpg
Hey! How did you take a picture of my wall?!

I think so too. But I think the reason he pre-announced this announcement on twitter is to taunt the SEC. Basically showing markets will react to his tweets, even when there is nothing material in his tweets. Even the bond payoff announcement would not be material since it’s a given, and widely expected.
This would be disappointing for investors, because SP might as well go back down on no news.

I don't think taunting SEC is worth upsetting many investors, who sorta count on material news.

I've seen a few people mention the possibility of a JV between Tesla and GM/MB but what about Toyota? I haven't seen any real efforts by them towards electrification and autonomous driving. Given their history of working together and seeing how far behind they are, I think it would make sense for them to license Tesla's tech (battery, powertrain, superchargers, self-driving). They also recently signed an agreement with Panasonic.

Reactions: Esme Es Mejor
Amusing if illogical.

If the judge had decided that wilfulness was required, and had therefore declined to issue an order to Musk, how would that be prejudicial to Tesla?

Erm, doing that would have been prejudicial to the SEC.

In the overwhelming majority of the cases there's no reason for a federal judge to rule in any party's favor based on a single filing outlining only one side of the argument.

This is a civil matter with two parties who both have rights. The judge will not rule on the merits of finding a party in contempt until fully briefed.

Furthermore the SEC didn't even ask the judge to find Elon in contempt - they asked for a simple procedural order for Elon/Tesla to reply, that the judge almost automatically granted. The SEC outlined their complaint, on which the judge didn't (and couldn't) decide at this stage, to which Tesla/Elon is going to reply.

This is civil procedure 101. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.

Last edited:
Have any of you smart folks figured out the whole Tusk thing yet? I don't see how it could translate to the SR. Perhaps the Tesla truck? Tesla Utility Sport Crossover?

I've seen a few people mention the possibility of a JV between Tesla and GM/MB but what about Toyota? I haven't seen any real efforts by them towards electrification and autonomous driving. Given their history of working together and seeing how far behind they are, I think it would make sense for them to license Tesla's tech (battery, powertrain, superchargers, self-driving). They also recently signed an agreement with Panasonic.
Toyota really seems to be anti-EV, but perhaps that is just covering for their lack of advancement in that area. That's a shame because Toyota clearly makes the most reliable vehicles out there.

Toyota is banking on their solid state battery research coming up with an unexpected breakthrough in the next ~3 years. Its part of their ten-year denial program.

edited to add links:

Toyota set to sell long-range, fast-charging electric cars in 2022: paper | Reuters
Why Toyota’s Next Move Is Solid-State Batteries
Toyota Electric Car Will Use Solid-State Batteries For Long Range & Quicker Charging | CleanTechnica
Toyota Planning Long-Range Electric Car Powered By Solid-State Batteries, Report Says

I couldn't find the one from (last year, IIRC) where their response to progress was: "wait until 2022"

Erm, doing that would have been prejudicial to the SEC.

In the overwhelming majority of the cases there's no reason for a federal judge to rule in any party's favor based on a single filing outlining only one side of the argument.

This is a civil matter with two parties who both have rights. The judge will not rule on the merits of finding a party in contempt until fully briefed.

Furthermore the SEC didn't even ask the judge to find Elon in contempt - they asked for a simple procedural order for Elon/Tesla to reply, that the judge almost automatically granted. The SEC outlined their complaint, on which the judge didn't (and couldn't) decide at this stage, to which Tesla/Elon is going to reply.

This is civil procedure 101. You have absolutely no idea what you are talking about.
Don’t f* with f*ct checking, or he will make you feel dumb

LOL, I've edited the comment to hide it behind a spoiler tag.

BTW., the GIF itself probably only shows later stages of wine fermenting:

winemaking-526617659.jpg

That stage is "disgusting" due to the bubbles and the foam, but the wine clears out later once the fermenting process is complete. A GIF showing the true nature of the troll would not have been safe for this family friendly forum. :D

OK, but in wine making the fermentation is supposed to be anaerobic, so the above photo is likely only some mixing of the yeast and the smashed grapes, before the barrel is sealed (in a manner that allows the bubbles of CO2 produced by the yeast to escape).

Why don't you ask him if he's going to stay?
Why don't you ask him if he's going away?
Why don't you tell me what's going on?
Why don't you tell me who's on the phone?
Why don't you ask him what's going on?
Why don't you ask him who's the latest on his throne?
Don't say that you love me
Just tell me that you want me
Tusk
Just say that you want me
Just tell me that you
Tusk
Tusk
Tusk